Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hoped for 8%, expected 6%, got 4%..
    O well, at-least they admitted something needed tuning.
    CS should be around its max now tho, any more and it might be a serious contender for best ST talent.

Are those changes live on eu?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Are these hotfixes live yet and does anyone know if they're enough to make us competitive again? From a few min of dummy fights, nothing seems to have changed.

Deleted
    I'm afraid that this buff means they wont buff mages more even if it's shown not to be enough.
    Otherwise okey lets wait another week and see how things go.

Otherwise Give the following:
    • Fire another 4% and base Ice floes.
      (some issue with too many obstacles in AoE build, RoP + CiS + high toolset is a bit too much)
    • Frost +dmg increase, Base Ice floes and make Ray of Frost cast on the move, but caster has 60% reduced movement speed.
      It probably needs more QoL
    • Arcane +dmg increase and Slipstream as base but the caster movement is reduced by 50% while casting Evo/AM. Evo cant be stopped by interrupt spells.
    • All mage need a stackable raid utility. How about blackhole that pulls mobs together. (1,5-3min cd). (maybe it replaces the taletn in lvl 30branch)

Also a few other specs needs some small buffs and some top specs a small nerf, mostly ranging in 3-5%. Although i wouldnt nerf untill more data is out (1 or 2 more weeks)
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2017-01-25 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    And also back to being able to do ~85% optimal DPS by spamming nothing but Frostbolt. They fixed it by functionally leaving it out of the global damage buff. It was an issue, it was addressed.
    So when you say they fixed it. You mean they fixed it by making Frost mages trash tier? Because that Frostbolt nerf is the reason Frost mages tanked hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Hoped for 8%, expected 6%, got 4%..
    O well, at-least they admitted something needed tuning.
    CS should be around its max now tho, any more and it might be a serious contender for best ST talent.
    "Increased the damage of most Arcane spells and abilities by 8% (Arcane Barrage, Arcane Blast, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Orb, Nether Tempest, Supernova)."

What am I missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    The nerf to Overpowered and Amplification.
    Overpower needed to come down a bit. Amp nerf was unfortunate - agreed there. The point was the 8%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Overpower needed to come down a bit. Amp nerf was unfortunate - agreed there. The point was the 8%.
    He was talking about frost, as frost only got a 4% buff. At least, so it seems, the rest of his comment is about fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    He was talking about frost, as frost only got a 4% buff. At least, so it seems, the rest of his comment is about fire.
    aahhh i gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    Unfortunately the community continues thinking Mages are these overpowered blessed golden boys, when we frankly haven't been at any point this expansion past the first couple of weeks where we got away with ridiculously itemized crafted gear.
    Well they were god tier for the whole of last expansion and the previous one, where they were at least 10% ahead and always left unchanged, mages could do with at least 1-2 tiers where they have a niche and are not amazing at everything.

Now classes are pretty equal and if one is even 5% ahead it gets re-balanced.
    Last edited by Fleuria; 2017-01-24 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    as an arcane mage player that was already competing with other classes i cant complain about the 8% buff at all, the only thing im still bugged about is how ridiculous BiS legendaries boost the respective speccs and that theyre not changing them, i know its a big difference from nodps legendaries to BiS legendaries for fire frost and arcane(only know numbers for arcane but if you have 2 bis legendaries over like blinkchest and sephuz when boss has no chance to procc you already pull 40k+ more dps on singletarget not even talking about AoE which is just plain stupid to me) id be fine with like 10k dps increase with good over total garbage legendaries but when you average 400k+~ on a single target fight, 40k extra dps is already 10% increase from nothing but sheer item luck instead of skill

Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    as an arcane mage player that was already competing with other classes i cant complain about the 8% buff at all, the only thing im still bugged about is how ridiculous BiS legendaries boost the respective speccs and that theyre not changing them, i know its a big difference from nodps legendaries to BiS legendaries for fire frost and arcane(only know numbers for arcane but if you have 2 bis legendaries over like blinkchest and sephuz when boss has no chance to procc you already pull 40k+ more dps on singletarget not even talking about AoE which is just plain stupid to me) id be fine with like 10k dps increase with good over total garbage legendaries but when you average 400k+~ on a single target fight, 40k extra dps is already 10% increase from nothing but sheer item luck instead of skill
    10k dps is a good trinket, a legendary should be more
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    10k dps is a good trinket, a legendary should be more
    how come, a trinket u can actually work towards, legendary is just pure RNG, you think its fair that people do up to 20k+ more dps per legendary item cause theyre luckier than others? maybe its just me but thats flawed design in my eyes, especially if they cant help players of a class with bad legendaries in dps cause theyre to scared that the people with the bis legendaries pull ahead of other classes
    Last edited by mmoc25106239fd; 2017-01-24 at 05:49 PM.

One of the problems for Mages and trinkets is because of the Paragon trait, Mage and Spriest are the ONLY specs who paragon +5-14.5% is tied directly to a element Arcane, Frost, Fire, and Shadow. All the other specs paragons are +% to all damage, so they scale with trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    One of the problems for Mages and trinkets is because of the Paragon trait, Mage and Spriest are the ONLY specs who paragon +5-14.5% is tied directly to a element Arcane, Frost, Fire, and Shadow. All the other specs paragons are +% to all damage, so they scale with trinkets.
    That's why i use aran+chest and 880 skovald for m+, both do fire dmg
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Do the to all dmg scale on all trinkets and for example fire only with trinkets that deal fire dmg?

Deleted
    How do people feel about Comet Storm, it it remotely useful yet?

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Do the to all dmg scale on all trinkets and for example fire only with trinkets that deal fire dmg?
    Exactly how it works, it screw over Mages and Spriest. Trinkets scaling with some specs mastery is ok, but every one has the 20/20 paragon with Mages and Spiest locked to a specific school of magic.

Deleted
    after the new changes: AM nerf 9k damage for 4AC+arcane power
    Last edited by mmoc8f03069c8a; 2017-01-25 at 09:18 AM.

Arcane got about 3-4% buff on ST and much bigger one on aoe, which is an important component of many encounters. It should move from rock bottom towards the middle now.