Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    Ya I mean there's no data that shows these pipelines leak and contaminate drinking water.. oh wait. http://www.foreffectivegov.org/blog/...ipeline-spills
    Which only happens when they are 50 years old and need repaired but are forbidden from digging them up to repair them because of environmental Nazis trying to save a stupid butterfly or toad from going extinct

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It's just a pipe, it's not going to bring the eco-doom that all the fear mongers are predicting. Protesting is fine but they'll just remove you to start construction.
    I hope you remember saying this when it leaks. Yes, when. Not if.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    I don't actually have a problem with EOs, just so you know. I'm just waiting to see if the people who bitched about Obama using them to get around an obstructionist Congress will also bitch about Trump using them when he has control of both House and Senate. Which of course they won't, because hypocrisy is the lifeblood of conservativism.
    Most wont, because we are a nations of Red team blue team. They cheer or boo based on their favorite. These boards are just one small example of that every day. To claim just conservatives wont is just proof of what team you are on then some valid point of their moral inferiority to the Dems.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually have a problem with EOs, just so you know. I'm just waiting to see if the people who bitched about Obama using them to get around an obstructionist Congress will also bitch about Trump using them when he has control of both House and Senate. Which of course they won't, because hypocrisy is the lifeblood of conservativism.
    Except Trump isnt making executive orders that circumvent the function of congress. Every one he signed are legit and not legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Only other peoples property rights. His are sacred. Much like how he claims to be against Government spending, while being an employee of the Government.
    I think Orlong has sufficiently proven his hypocrisy to everyone, but I still enjoy pointing it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Except Trump isnt making executive orders that circumvent the function of congress. Every one he signed are legit and not legislation.
    If he is mandating that a product be purchased from the United States... that sounds like legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No, they are now saying it's OK, because Obama did it,
    That makes them hypocrites but it centrally doesn't make them wrong.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That is an order that he won't be able to make.

It seems you are also opposed to private property rights of citizens... not surprised.
    Unfortunately eminent domain sometimes needs to be used. Im all for using it when there is no other option. If we never used it, we wouldnt have a single road. Im totally against using it in a tyrannical way like when they use it to build a mall or condos because it "benefits the local population" It should only be used for national infrastructure. Also, the government doesnt just take the land, they pay you for it often at prices you could never get from a private buyer.

10+ Year Old Account

To be fair its also the lifeblood of liberalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    8 years too late, now its the way things are done. sucks its not your man wielding that power now, but just think of all the slime ball shit the dems can do by copying Trumps actions once they are back in.
    Who said they are getting back in?

Trump and Bannan are going to ruin the left so badly they will be in shock for decades.

Great time to be alive
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    If he is mandating that a product be purchased from the United States... that sounds like legislation.
    To be fair, the executive branch does have leeway in which contractors it hires and where they get their materials from.

What makes this bad is the environmental damage it will cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Orlong has sufficiently proven his hypocrisy to everyone, but I still enjoy pointing it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not legislation. Its a condition to receive a permit, much the same as mandating certain details of government contracts

Unfortunately eminent domain sometimes needs to be used. Im all for using it when there is no other option. If we never used it, we wouldnt have a single road. Im totally against using it in a tyrannical way like when they use it to build a mall or condos because it "benefits the local population" It should only be used for national infrastructure. Also, the government doesnt just take the land, they pay you for it often at prices you could never get from a private buyer.
    There was another option, the company could have offered more money. You don't support private property rights, end of story. If they pay more than you could get from a private buyer (who is actually the one paying the money), then there would be no need for eminent domain in the first place. The fact is, it is forcefully impeding on private property rights, and giving it to someone else. This is no different than building malls and condos, but you are too gullible to realize it.

Your hypocrisy and mental gymnastics are at an all-time high.

It looks like Trump doesn't care about private property rights of citizens, color me shocked.
    The thing about that is the property is really never yours. You basically rent from the govt since you pay taxes on it. Eminent Domain is a touchy subject but if it's reasonable and the person gets compensated for their land, I don't see an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Who said they are getting back in?

Trump and Bannan are going to ruin the left so badly they will be in shock for decades.

Great time to be alive
    That be terrible because while im not a fan of the sjw left, we do need the left to put a stop to some of the more stupid social policy the right tends to embraces. It would be wrong if the party of self determination once again policed what one does with their body and who one sleeps with....

Its not legislation. Its a condition to receive a permit, much the same as mandating certain details of government contracts
    Sounds like legislation to me. You whined when Obama did it, but now it's OK. Yep, your hypocrisy is getting more absurd by the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Most wont, because we are a nations of Red team blue team. They cheer or boo based on their favorite. These boards are just one small example of that every day. To claim just conservatives wont is just proof of what team you are on then some valid point of their moral inferiority to the Dems.
    I don't recall there being a huge outcry from Democrats about the number of EOs written by Bush, and that's because EOs are normal. Republicans bitched about Obama's EOs because he was Obama and he was trying to do things instead of knowing his place. If the same people do not now complain about Trump's EOs, that's hypocrisy. Need me to explain that again?

Well, if Obama's EOs were somehow not legitimate, it should be easy to roll them back. I'm sure you have a list of his illegal EOs that have been struck down?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    To be fair, the executive branch does have leeway in which contractors it hires and where they get their materials from.

What makes this bad is the environmental damage it will cause.
    But this is a private company doing the construction, and often going across private land.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    The thing about that is the property is really never yours. You basically rent from the govt since you pay taxes on it. Eminent Domain is a touchy subject but if it's reasonable and the person gets compensated for their land, I don't see an issue.
    And I do not find it reasonable, because it allows for corporatism. It's no different than with Kelo v. New London. Supporting eminent domain means someone does not support the basic fundamentals of capitalism or private property rights. As long as they admit to it, fine. When they try to say they believe in such things, they are lying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I hope you remember saying this when it leaks. Yes, when. Not if.
    The leaks will be fixed. Fossil fuels are just temporary anyways, once there are more efficient alternatives it can be scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The leaks will be fixed. Fossil fuels are just temporary anyways, once there are more efficient alternatives it can be scrapped.
    'It won't be a problem because we'll get rid of it eventually' is not actually an argument that it won't be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

But it does go through people's property against their will.

Kek.. Roads do that quite often in Democrat run states and cities too. Lest we forget, the US is a Republic.