Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Trump is really showing the worst qualities of the far right.
    Loves big corps, anti-abortion(authoritarian stance, but its mostly held by right wingers), Mike "the Shocker' Pence as his VP.. etc..
    Nobody really thinks American conservatives actually believe in things like personal liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You do realize this argument boils down to "we should halt all progress of civilization because of risks".
    That's ironically what he's doing though. He's shifting energy back to petroleum when everyone knows it won't last forever. Hell, he even said today that environmentalism is out of control to automakers. You know--because for some dumbass reason, we want worse gas mileage of all things because of the problem that is environmentalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Number of orders doesnt matter. Its the content of the orders that matter. Im not sure why you are always so hung up on how many orders someone wrote.
    If you said that obama was the king of exec orders (based on raw numbers)... you're lying. It was clinton, with bush second.
    If you said that obama relied too much to pass any legislation based on exec orders. Then you should see that the congress wasnt friendly for many years. Trump has a friendly congress for at least 2 years. Using exec orders is stupid now
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nobody really thinks American conservatives actually believe in things like personal liberties.
    B-b-but muh smol guberment

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    Very interesting, haven't heard that. Thanks!

You'd think that that would be something you'd hear more about when making the case against the pipeline, guess it got buried under the "exciting protestor news"?
    The problem is that liberals tend to support eminent domain, and conservatives tend to oppose it. Neither side really wants to talk about it, because it is likely to display their hypocrisy. If the protesters had latched onto eminent domain as well, they would have had a stronger following. There's a lot of people across the Midwest who really don't like the idea of the government running things through their property, much less a private company.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The pipeline didn't even cross reservation lands. They were demonstrating about a pipeline that wasn't even on their property.
    Precisely!!!!
    Way to go trump!!! The pipelines shouldnt have been stopped to begin with. They dont cross over reservation lands, and will be buried under the water table.

Build that pipe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    B-b-but muh smol guberment
    They want small government... until they are in charge.

Of course, now liberals are clamoring for smaller government. The irony is not lost on me.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    That's ironically what he's doing though. He's shifting energy back to petroleum when everyone knows it won't last forever. Hell, he even said today that environmentalism is out of control to automakers. You know--because for some dumbass reason, we want worse gas mileage of all things because of the problem that is environmentalism.
    The thing is, with europe, californa, and all of fucking latin america wanting more efficent cars, the wet dream wont last. The car manufacturers will bow down to the market, and do the enviroment a favor in doing so
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Precisely!!!!
    Way to go trump!!! The pipelines shouldnt have been stopped to begin with. They dont cross over reservation lands, and will be buried under the water table.

Build that pipe!!!
    But the pipelines do cross private lands, including the lands of people who do not want them on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Trump's power to affect automotive standards faces a significant roadblock: California.

The fact that the largest automotive market has emission standards vastly more stringent than the federal government means that effectively, California sets the bottom line as far as environmental concerns go. And given that it seems the far right is being extirpated from the state, it isn't likely to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Yeah, i can see a year from now a bigger nationwide protest, with 10-20 million attendants, against trump, with approval ratings in the high 20s-low 30s
    Funny, because other than the Bernie crowd, hippies, and the far left. Trump is doing well. his approval rises every day. In fact hes up to 57% already, with 42% strongly approving.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_jan24

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-three percent (43%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 42% who Strongly Approve of the way Trump is performing and 33% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of +9

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But the pipelines do cross private lands, including the lands of people who do not want them on there.
    Well, id like to see them worked around, im not a fan of eminent domain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, because other than the Bernie crowd, hippies, and the far left. Trump is doing well. his approval rises every day. In fact hes up to 57% already, with 42% strongly approving.
    I thought polls were fake news?

Number of orders doesnt matter. Its the content of the orders that matter. Im not sure why you are always so hung up on how many orders someone wrote.
    But you are still being inconsistent on the content of those orders, which has already been pointed out to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget, Trump is also not doing well with peope who actually give a damn about personal freedoms, free markets, and the United States Constitution.

P

More alternate facts.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, id like to see them worked around, im not a fan of eminent domain.
    It's easier to simply push right through their property, they have the backing of conservatives to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    The thing is, with Europe, California, and all of fucking latin america wanting more efficent cars, the wet dream wont last. The car manufacturers will bow down to the market, and do the enviroment a favor in doing so
    More like the environmental Nazi's running European countries, and California (Not sure about Latin America but most of their citizens cant afford anything other than old rust buckets which certainly arent fuel efficient) wont allow their people to drive what they want and force them into itty bitty eco cars. Their turn to be removed from power is coming too. Marine LePen will be the first to take over

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's like the elections being rigged, it's only true when it doesn't favor Trump for it to be false.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    They are obviously, unless they fit in his agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    How long until he signs executive order to dissolve congress, and supreme court? Oh, and another that will transfer all of that power to himself?
    Thats not how executive orders work. They can only be used to direct federal agencies and departments. He cannot just use one to dissolve legislative bodies. However that doesnt mean they can be pretty bad. The Liberal golden child FDR used an executive order to imprison american citizens based solely on race...but hey FDR was one of the greatest presidents...how he wasnt charged with war crimes or simply just blatant disregard for morals, ethics, and the constitution blows my mind.