Thread: RIP Elite Sets

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    TFW OP gets lynched by the keyboardturning Blizzardzombie mob who doesn't even have any relation to said topic because they are insane butthurt dragonslayers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Not really. You can get prestigious raiding gear just by doing legacy raids. I can't see why it wouldn't work the same for pvp?
    Yeah, I agree with this^ It will make more people do pvp content anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Oh right, so having sets that provided incentive for good players is "wasted" resources? All those resources they wasted recolouring sets?

I see.
    The day you can complain is when they allow players to get the gladiator mounts.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Oh right, so having sets that provided incentive for good players is "wasted" resources? All those resources they wasted recolouring sets?

I see.
    It all depends on how many players it gets interested in that activity and the game as a whole. Maybe it worked before and it no longer does now, maybe it was always a poor design philosophy, and it's just now that the knife has reached the bone and they have to change it. It might even be a cynical decision aimed at a short term effect (though I doubt it).

You gotta understand the limits of what Blizzard owes you, though. I mean, they reserve the right to take away your characters' names if you don't log for a full expansion, why would you think they owe you indefinite exclusivity for a transmog?

As many people as possible need to voice their opinion to the devs about this.
    It looks like a lot of people have voiced their opinion in this thread. I'm guessing when you created it you were assuming overwhelming support. It's logical to assume you do not want MMOC to voice their opinions to the devs any longer, as these opinions do not all match your own. Some agree, some disagree. As with all things.

My own opinion? As long as there are still *current* exclusive rewards, it's not a problem. If sets from several years ago open up to newer players, yeah random retired guy who PvPed an expansion or two ago is not the same special snowflake he was while standing next to the mailbox or in the AH, but as long as he still have something to strive for this season (should he choose to pick PvP back up) he can still get some respect from his peers.

...wait, you aren't that guy, are you? The guy with the old set who likes standing by the mailbox in an old transmog set hoping somebody else who PvPed at the time recognizes the set and comments on it? If so, I can understand your consternation... but to be honest, whether they remain exclusive or not, I will still sleep well at night.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    well blizzard just shared their idea to add back the old elite set in pvp, it's not blizzard who wants season set exclusivity in pvp it's some payers in this topic and you started this thread so you probably know : P
    I support exclusivity in cosmetic rewards for PvE, too. I don't know why it's not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot fucking stand this "everyone gets everything" mentality. Seriously, WHY does anyone like this? It completely ruins the fun and competitive nature of gaming. People who played a decade ago deserve to have unique and unattainable recipes and gear and shit and no you should not be allowed to fucking have it.

There are so many things I wish I had. SO many things I wish I got back in the day that I had every opportunity to get but didn't. But I'm not complaining. I have so many things that other people wish they had. But it seems that they just keep moving closer and closer to turning everything grey and totally flavorless. Where everyone's a clone and you can't tell the dude who just picked the game up a few months ago apart from the 12 year veteran. That is so damn sad to me.

Show the people who have supported your game for so many years some love. That old stuff is literally the only thing we have left to show for all the time we spent playing this game.

Stop bringing back old items.
    Stop bringing back old gear sets.
    Stop bringing back old titles.
    STOP bringing back old recipes and let us make some gold as a nice reward for playing so goddamn long.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraide View Post
    It looks like a lot of people have voiced their opinion in this thread. I'm guessing when you created it you were assuming overwhelming support. It's logical to assume you do not want MMOC to voice their opinions to the devs any longer, as these opinions do not all match your own. Some agree, some disagree. As with all things.

My own opinion? As long as there are still *current* exclusive rewards, it's not a problem. If sets from several years ago open up to newer players, yeah random retired guy who PvPed an expansion or two ago is not the same special snowflake he was while standing next to the mailbox or in the AH, but as long as he still have something to strive for this season (should he choose to pick PvP back up) he can still get some respect from his peers.

...wait, you aren't that guy, are you? The guy with the old set who likes standing by the mailbox in an old transmog set hoping somebody else who PvPed at the time recognizes the set and comments on it? If so, I can understand your consternation... but to be honest, whether they remain exclusive or not, I will still sleep well at night.
    You can check the official forums and the opinions of streamers which are more in line with mine.

Even then, casuals will always outweigh the more hardcore players. They will get their way with this, just like they have been for years, resulting in the rapid deterioration of this game. The majority isn't always right.

Just because you got high one season it doesn't mean you deserve the rewards from every other season you didn't even PLAY.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-01-24 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I cannot fucking stand this "everyone gets everything" mentality. Seriously, WHY does anyone like this? It completely ruins the fun and competitive nature of gaming. People who played a decade ago deserve to have unique and unattainable recipes and gear and shit and no you should not be allowed to fucking have it.

There are so many things I wish I had. SO many things I wish I got back in the day that I had every opportunity to get but didn't. But I'm not complaining. I have so many things that other people wish they had. But it seems that they just keep moving closer and closer to turning everything grey and totally flavorless. Where everyone's a clone and you can't tell the dude who just picked the game up a few months ago apart from the 12 year veteran. That is so damn sad to me.

Show the people who have supported your game for so many years some love. That old stuff is literally the only thing we have left to show for all the time we spent playing this game.

Stop bringing back old items.
    Stop bringing back old gear sets.
    Stop bringing back old titles.
    STOP bringing back old recipes and let us make some gold as a nice reward for playing so goddamn long.
    So, in solidarity you never run old raids after the new content is released?

- - - Updated - - -

You can check the official forums and the opinions of streamers which are more in line with mine.

Even then, casuals will always outweigh the more hardcore players. They will get their way with this, just like they have been for years, resulting in the rapid deterioration of this game. The majority isn't always right.
    As I asked the other guy. I can presume that out of respect you never run legacy raids for gear?
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    So, in solidarity you never run old raids after the new content is released?

- - - Updated - - -

As I asked the other guy. I can presume that out of respect you never run legacy raids for gear?
    I can presume that out of respect you haven't read the entirety of my first post or any other part of the thread, because that topic has been brought up about 30+ times?

Deleted
    I'd say you have a shit life because you're clearly retarded.
    Yeah, in no way have you been attacking people on a personal level in this thread (as per my quote 10 pages ago). Dude, just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Achievements? Pretty happy about some of the dates on mine being the day they implemented achievements in WoW. So what if the gear is available for everyone to obtain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can presume that out of respect you haven't read the entirety of my first post or any other part of the thread, because that topic has been brought up about 30+ times?
    Well answer the question, I assume out of respect you never run legacy raids. I worked very hard for my mythic sets.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't know why you care. If they only make it to a decent rank once and buy all the gear you'll never actually see them in PvP anyway.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Well answer the question, I assume out of respect you never run legacy raids. I worked very hard for my mythic sets.
    I've already answered it 50 times. Read through the thread, hell it's even on the first page.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sephuz Secret View Post
    TFW OP gets lynched by the keyboardturning Blizzardzombie mob who doesn't even have any relation to said topic because they are insane butthurt dragonslayers
    Description for this website.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's more prestige in getting everything in the game than just getting one thing at moment X that is getting retired, and you can't get everything if things are retired over time, hence the current system of retiring things doesn't grant the best theoretical satisfaction the game can provide

I am a huge supporter of older gear being made available for other players.

Know why? Because I think it creates incentive.

If you want to look good as a pro-PvPer, you shouldn't get a certain rank once and then act all cool 6 expansions later. No, you should constantly be PvPing to prove how elite you are, and if you do, you will have the gear that "the filthy plebs" don't, while they are playing around with the gear you got to show off an expansion or more ago.

It's a win-win in my opinion. Same goes for raiding.

I'd also like to say I have challenge mode gear and have zero issue with that being made available again so long as you have to do -something- for it. And according to Blizzard themselves, they won't just be giving it away either, so that makes it even better. People who want older gear have an incentive to work for it, and people who want newer gear have it so that they can continue proving their skill and showing off their cool new gear.

For being the hard asses in WoW the PVP community sure seems to whine like all the others. Small world.

I've read only first page and I can already see that @Krassz is a spoiled brat. "Moooom, he has something that I earned more, that's not fair..."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    I've read only first page and I can already see that @Krassz is a spoiled brat. "Moooom, he has something that I earned more, that's not fair..."
    The spoiled brats are the ones demanding rewards that were previously exclusive.

"Moom, he has something I don't! That's not fair!"

Who cares? You got to flaunt them when you got them, same with mythic raiding gear and titles.

Be happy that you still have your gladiator mounts.

Funny thing it's actually harder to get than the old mythic gear, and yet you're still whinging.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-01-24 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    I don't understand this argument. I've seen it several times in this thread. Have you considered that the people who want to keep pvp rewards exclusive may also have preferred old raid sets to have remained difficult to obtain/unobtainable too?

It's like you people are saying "well we don't have anything special, so why should you?!"
    It's a valid argument, it's basically the same as saying "Okay, if we can't buy old pvp gear, then you should not be able to get the transmogs from old raids because you did not raid during that expansion"

It is 100% the same