Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    More like the environmental Nazi's running European countries, and California (Not sure about Latin America but most of their citizens cant afford anything other than old rust buckets which certainly arent fuel efficient) wont allow their people to drive what they want and force them into itty bitty eco cars. Their turn to be removed from power is coming too. Marine LePen will be the first to take over
    You're aware that the Democrats actually gained supermajorities in both houses of the California legislature last year, yes?

Also, unlike American conservatives, European far-right parties generally are not climate change deniers.

More like the environmental Nazi's running European countries, and California (Not sure about Latin America but most of their citizens cant afford anything other than old rust buckets which certainly arent fuel efficient) wont allow their people to drive what they want and force them into itty bitty eco cars. Their turn to be removed from power is coming too. Marine LePen will be the first to take over
    I honestly hope so much you live in a southern state prone to natural disasters.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    Thats not how executive orders work. They can only be used to direct federal agencies and departments. He cannot just use one to dissolve legislative bodies. However that doesnt mean they can be pretty bad. The Liberal golden child FDR used an executive order to imprison american citizens based solely on race...but hey FDR was one of the greatest presidents...how he wasnt charged with war crimes or simply just blatant disregard for morals, ethics, and the constitution blows my mind.
    So, you're saying that he can't dissolve them, but he can imprison them all, leaving all power to himself? What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You're aware that the Democrats actually gained supermajorities in both houses of the California legislature last year, yes?

Also, unlike American conservatives, European far-right parties generally are not climate change deniers.
    Or religious extremists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

You mean like forcing people to buy American products? Jesus, you are contradicting your own stance from earlier in the thread. You just literally argued against your own defense of Trump's executive order. Do you even read what you type?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    On behalf of the Dutch people, I would like to apologize for not wanting our country to be flooded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    I honestly hope so much you live in a southern state prone to natural disasters.
    It's not going to be another Katrina that will expose the Republican government for what it is.

There's talk among the GOP of revising (i.e. getting rid of) Dodd-Frank. If you pay any attention to Elizabeth Warren's statements on the matter, the big banks today are much bigger than the ones that triggered the last recession.

Ultimately we are in for an extremely severe market correction.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You do realize this argument boils down to "we should halt all progress of civilization because of risks".

I mean do we really want to get into how much the invention of vehicles has contributed to contamination?
    All the people complaining obviously walk everywhere they need to go. It's the only true way to go green. You know, for the environment. Nobody complaining better have a car. Hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    So, you're saying that he can't dissolve them, but he can imprison them all, leaving all power to himself? What's the difference?

Or religious extremists.
    no...he cant do anything to the other 2 legislative bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    All the people complaining obviously walk everywhere they need to go. It's the only true way to go green. You know, for the environment. Nobody complaining better have a car. Hypocrites.
    Or you know we could have electric cars powered by renewable energy (or nuclear). That's also a pretty good compromise. Nobody is asking you to stop driving just give up your fucking diesel truck.

Real reality wants to take a word with you. Its not because enviromental nazis you dumbwit, its because pure efficency. Oil prices arent as cheap as they are in the US so they must maximize the kilometers per litre that a car can run
    Car motors have higher hp than before, and consume less than before, just because capitalism, because there're markets for those cars. Tesla is thriving because of that too
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2017-01-24 at 06:19 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You do realize this argument boils down to "we should halt all progress of civilization because of risks".

I mean do we really want to get into how much the invention of vehicles has contributed to contamination?
    Oil is objectively by all measurements the most toxic, damaging and least efficient source of energy we have available today. Propping up a dying and archaic industry because "money" doesn't mean we halt progression of civilization. I'd argue the opposite, propping up the oil industry is accelerating climate change which in turn WILL halt progress on civilization.

You do know that we could, as a nation, literally TODAY, turn to 100% renewable energy sources, right? Not only that but in doing so we would generate 4x as much energy as we consume.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    no...he cant do anything to the other 2 legislative bodies.
    Isn't there something in place already that would allow him? Doesn't patriot act allow you to detain suspects of terrorism indefinitely with no trial? Trump can have his gang to plant some bogus evidence on them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You mean like forcing people to buy American products? Jesus, you are contradicting your own stance from earlier in the thread. You just literally argued against your own defense of Trump's executive order. Do you even read what you type?
    The citizens arent being forced to buy American products, the CONTRACTORS are being forced to use American made materials to fulfill government contracts

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL, what makes you think Europeans are craving for environmental pollution?
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

[QUOTE=Gilrak;44313293]They'll probably just help Americans find a reason to create an actual strong left

Strong left... Oxymoron

10+ Year Old Account
    The citizens arent being forced to buy American products, the CONTRACTORS are being forced to use American made materials to fulfill government contracts
    Amusing considering most of Trump's buildings were constructed with cheap Chinese steel and concrete.

Corporations are people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    Strong left... Oxymoron
    Not in the slightest.

This election, in many ways, represents the final failure of the Third Way movement and the end of the Clinton era in the Democratic party. Centre-right moderacy is clearly not something the American people want.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Amusing considering most of Trump's buildings were constructed with cheap Chinese steel and concrete.
    Not only that. Buying american will bloat the check at the end. A federal bloating for a stupid reason. For the party of small government
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It looks like Trump doesn't care about private property rights of citizens, color me shocked.
    You do know that the easements and payments to land owners have been paid right? Or are you just going off what the news says and not what someone who owns property that the pipeline is going to be on says.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!