Well the people who play it will probably feel they get some form of bragging rights. I might give it a try myself, depends on what my friends are doing. I suspect I might get bored fast though, given that 99.999% of loot in this game is pure garbage and not being able to trade even to get resist capped is pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Then there should not be an SSF league in the first place if it only offers non-existing bragging rights. After all, if someone is not interested in silly things like ranking, they simply can play that way in the normal leagues, be it temp. or perm. ones.
    Why do you care? No one is forcing you to transfer your char. Just because the option is there doesn't change anything for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    given that 99.999% of loot in this game is pure garbage and not being able to trade even to get resist capped is pretty annoying.
    http://poe-profile.info/profile/Redb...eRaider#Breach

While I traded to buy/roll some of the items most of that char is self found/rolled. Helm/Chest/Boots/Gloves are self rolled in less than 100 chaos, Paua ring is self found. Belt, Ammy and Opal I bought. While lucky it's far from impossible to get good gear without trading if you manage your currency right and use the recipes available.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Not that I can't see that reaction but honestly, would those even play in such a league in the first place?
    Hell yes. I have been playing SSF for a few leagues now. Found some decent stuff here and there and eventually, when I get bored of the character I re-roll. Sometimes I play another SSF character, sometimes I don't. When I don't, I sell.

It would be a huge economic imbalance if players could play SSF with a higher drop rate of items &/or currency or simply more access to crafting materials/ability and turn that stuff over to the normal league via trade.

For SFF to be a separate mode with different loot and crafting rules GGG would have to create a whole sandbox for these people. Because they could NEVER mix with the regular player base otherwise.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-01-24 at 05:18 AM. Reason: typo

While I understand the acronym including "solo", would it be so bad to allow partying within the self found league and simply disable trading?

In regards to the coming XB1 port, ultimately I see it a good thing that GGG is expanding the player base but too many kinks would need to be worked to prevent frustrating experience. The #1 issue I am seeing is the loot.

Will XB1 version include some built in filter? Will the game contain the same quantity/quality drops? Will trading be as "mandatory" as it is in PC? If so, how will that work with a controller? IMHO, the XB1 version of POE will need the RoS smartloot treatment to really work but instead with a heavier focus on crafting.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hell yes. I have been playing SSF for a few leagues now. Found some decent stuff here and there and eventually, when I get bored of the character I re-roll. Sometimes I play another SSF character, sometimes I don't. When I don't, I sell.

It would be a huge economic imbalance if players could play SSF with a higher drop rate of items &/or currency or simply more access to crafting materials/ability and turn that stuff over to the normal league via trade.

For SFF to be a separate mode with different loot and crafting rules GGG would have to create a whole sandbox for these people. Because they could NEVER mix with the regular player base otherwise.
    I would welcome this. But it's just a personal thing, it's just how i like to play this kind of games. Plenty of reasons for not doing it this way also. I suppose that this is a starting point with some tuning so all items/skillgems are actually obtainable in SFF. Then if enough people plays it and there's a persistent playerbase, they could make a flag to make a char permanently SFF and use a different ruleset.

That wouldn't impact current game since anything you do with that char would stay in it's "bubble" and never get out of there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I think the idea is to really make a 100% "equal" play mode (and I really like that idea )

Allowing groups wouldn't make it the same for everyone. There's bonus loot (both quantity and quality) while in groups, and then you get the issue of loot distribution, how do you set it up? Unless it's 100% locked to each player (including white items, they can serve as craft base) then someone could easily be boosted in a group while other "solo" players would get much less than they do. And even if you solve this issue, then someone grouped with an aura bot will get a HUGE boost compared to someone playing really solo.
    Agree with this. I prefer this mode to become a real alternative with hard choices so it will have the least impact on normal leagues which people are fond of. The game is good as it stands now, this is an additional mode that can evolve over time or die if not enough people plays it.

The least impact it has on normal gameplay, the better.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    While I understand the acronym including "solo", would it be so bad to allow partying within the self found league and simply disable trading?
    Yes. The party bonuses are significant. Not to mention you could simply multi-box and have a buff bot grant an advantage solo players do not have; safety, damage, item rarity+, quantity+, item passing, map access, boss leaping, benches, etc.

To avoid this GGG will have to head down a rabbit hold of SF w/Grp, SSF, S w/trade, etc. It would never end.

The game is meant to be a multiplayer, online community dependent game. Many including myself do not always play the game this way- but that is the basic design of Path of Exile (which is more like an MMO than older ARPGs.) at the end of the day. Everything else we ido as a player base is just indulgence.

Will XB1 version include some built in filter? Will the game contain the same quantity/quality drops? Will trading be as "mandatory" as it is in PC? If so, how will that work with a controller? IMHO, the XB1 version of POE will need the RoS smartloot treatment to really work but instead with a heavier focus on crafting.
    We don't know how loot will be handled in the Xbox version, but POE has had a default item filter for a while.

A menu interface is nothing. They can redesign those to be controller-friendly just as hundreds of other games have done before. There is nothing about the trade window that requires the specific input of a KBM. People already play POE on PC with gamepads.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-01-25 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

This is why I was sad to read that characters could just jump back to regular at any time. The game's drop rates are balanced around trade. Why make an entirely new league w/o trade if you aren't going to adjust the balance to match? As a SSF player, this league is pretty pointless, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Why make an entirely new league w/o trade if you aren't going to adjust the balance to match?
    To allow SSF players to compare them selfs without a honor system with their own ladder. There are plenty of people who want to play SSF for the added challenge and not just to get a single player game with increased drop rates.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Yes, it's bad cause you'll end up with what you have in D3 where you HAVE to party to be competitive on the "solo" leader boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    To allow SSF players to compare them selfs without a honor system with their own ladder. There are plenty of people who want to play SSF for the added challenge and not just to get a single player game with increased drop rates.
    But now you have a league that isn't balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    But now you have a league that isn't balanced.
    I'm sorry but yes it actually is, with all the buffs to drop rates and cards added with Perandus mod available through Zana SSF is totally viable.

I have to say 90% of my league gametime is Solo Self Found (because I hate farming and trading without Auction House, I love Auction House) and when I hit that well known "wall" of:
    - not lucky enough, bad gear, dies in merciless
    - build requires some expensive/very rare uniques
    I 99% time pick a new build, because I am not interested in farming, also I don't have time for that
    1% is when I look at my stash, see some exalts, many chaos orbs and then I decide to buy ONE unique to push a little bit more
    then I pick a new build

So SSF league is like "we've got it already" if it's gonna be without 10x increased magic find I wish SSF would have 10x or more increased magic find + no option to convert from SSF to non-SSF. Oh well, I'm just an casual, hardcore years behind me.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2017-01-24 at 10:42 PM.

This sounds great. I was pretty shocked and disappointed when after many hours of awesome gaming I figured out that the true endgame of PoE is little more than a currency economy. Official SSF support is a great solution. I'll probably give PoE another go. I also wonder how people are going to receive this and how much prestige really is going to be given to SSF. Will be nice to see lots of SSF friendly builds popping up too.

what, where is my ps4 support

damn you microsoft
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, the SSF sounds fun but it's not really for me, at least not in this game. The RNG is just too horrendous.

Plus I find trading fun. After playing for years I've finally gotten to the point where I can reliably get semi-rich just by knowing how to price items. It just feels nice to buy something for 5c, craft something on it and re-sell for 50c... though I don't flip that often, but I'll grab a underpriced item when I see one.

Like the best part of leveling a new character on HC is when you finally hit like level 70 and get to go on poe.trade and buy a full new set of gear. Or when a friend asks me to do it for them :P

Only annoying part is my less committed friends spamming me with price-checks constantly.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2017-01-25 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    So SSF league is like "we've got it already" if it's gonna be without 10x increased magic find I wish SSF would have 10x or more increased magic find + no option to convert from SSF to non-SSF. Oh well, I'm just an casual, hardcore years behind me.
    Same here. Anyway i wouldn't care much about 10x drops but more a different rulest dealing with recipes and currencies. Like using currencies to target specific items and similar; i also think some map rules needs to be revisited a little.

Completely agree and hope the future of SFF is a one-way ticket, with no character migration. I don't see how it's useful actually, since you can already play SFF in normal leagues and trade/party whenever you want to.

Anyway it's a really good satrt seeing SFF officially supported; depending on popularity the system can evolve over time - most stuff can only be seen after having real data about the new leagues.

EDIT: side-question to veterans: planning to create a new char - starting as duelist, want to dual wield daggers. Any pointers or suggested skills/path to follow? I'm reading forums and messing with the tree.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-01-25 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I don't see how it's useful actually, since you can already play SFF in normal leagues and trade/party whenever you want to.
    It removes the honor system around it and gives you proper recognition for your efforts instead of comparing you to everyone. Basically you can't cheat when it's officially supported.

10+ Year Old Account
    It removes the honor system around it and gives you proper recognition for your efforts instead of comparing you to everyone. Basically you can't cheat when it's officially supported.
    You can still cheat, just not by trading/grouping.

People find exploits all the time

Not to mention the overlays that they don't even punish people for.

Well, i agree fully with this - i'm not against SFF leagues at all. I just wonder if given enough popularity of the SFF leagues, GGG will add more things to the system like a new permanent ruleset with the caveat of locking you char in SFF and never be able to take it out of the SFF leagues.

I would welcome something like this. Hell, i welcome already the idea of the same game with just a different "world bubble".

Also since you're one of the veterans, would you mind giving me an answer or advice about my question above (dual-wielding daggers duelist)?

But they could have done that with a flag on character creation and kept the character in the current league(s). For a ladder, just filter based on that flag. Why make an entirely new league if you aren't going to do anything with it?

Also, I never said SSF was not viable, I said that it wasn't balanced. Both trade and SSF cannot be balanced if they are using the same drop rates. SSF, as a league, should have its own drop rates that are balance around SSF, just as the core game's drop rates are balanced around trade. I also believe that playing SSF should be a permanent choice for a character. I can't think of a single good reason to allow a SSF character to "opt-out" and go back to standard.