Thread: RIP Elite Sets

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Well, good for you nobody else reads the US PvP forums except for die hard elitist snowflakes. The echo chamber of 50 ppl has prevailed.

Congrats.
    You sound upset. I only kept very few of my elite pvp sets from before transmog was a thing, but I have no problem with not being able to get the other ones. It has nothing to do with wanting to be a unique snowflake, but the game benefits from having unobtainable/hard to get items. It makes it cool to see those items, even when it's on another player.

LOL

Ah, well. At least those who were against that will feel good (no sarcasm, good news is scarce these days, and even though I would put the sets into the open, I am OK with it not happening, and it's not urgent by any means).

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    You sound upset. I only kept very few of my elite pvp sets from before transmog was a thing, but I have no problem with not being able to get the other ones. It has nothing to do with wanting to be a unique snowflake, but the game benefits from having unobtainable/hard to get items. It makes it cool to see those items, even when it's on another player.
    Not really upset as I was never expecting this before today, but it feels like a really rushed backpedal at only 15 hours after floating the idea.

Not really upset as I was never expecting this before today, but it feels like a really rushed backpedal at only 15 hours after floating the idea.
    Because it was a stupid idea to begin with. All pvp sets in the game are still available as the non elite version for people who really like the look of the set without taking away from the prestige of the elite sets.

If anything, they should take away mythic pve sets when the tier is over to make it simular to the elite pvp sets.

Holinka is scared of everything now (it's him posting) so he's backtracking at the first sign of maybe-scandal. I mean, he just woke up and he is already apologizing.

There's a bit of satisfaction in that - although I'd like it way more if he just quit (no kidding, I don't even care what his proportion in the epic failures, I just want him to go the fuck away already).

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Because it was a stupid idea to begin with. All pvp sets in the game are still available as the non elite version for people who really like the look of the set without taking away from the prestige of the elite sets.

If anything, they should take away mythic pve sets when the tier is over to make it simular to the elite pvp sets.
    On the first page of this thread alone, 11 people were in favor of this change and only 2 (OP included) were protesting. It's easy to say it was stupid now that Holinka decided in your favor. We'll see what they'll do to keep rated PvP alive.

Oh what a shocker, Blizzard went back on their words after some hours of crying on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the first page of this thread alone, 11 people were in favor of this change and only 2 (OP included) were protesting. It's easy to say it was stupid now that Holinka decided in your favor. We'll see what they'll do to keep rated PvP alive.
    MMO Champion PvP forums aren't exactly known for their rated players.

There was a fair amount of people against it here, too. Half the thread was me addressing the same argument over and over and over and over and over and over again (What about PvE gear????!?!?!?! What about PvE gear??!?!?!)

I'm surprised I kept my sanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Oh what a shocker, Blizzard went back on their words after some hours of crying on the forums.
    Are you trying to say listening to feedback is a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    MMO Champion PvP forums aren't exactly known for their rated players.

There was a fair amount of people against it here, too. Half the thread was me addressing the same argument over and over and over and over and over and over again (What about PvE gear????!?!?!?! What about PvE gear??!?!?!)

- - - Updated - - -

Are you trying to say listening to feedback is a bad thing?
    Well, obviously when you're trying to increase the number of participating players you have to address people who aren't PvP-ing right now, hoping that maybe they'll change their minds. Maybe I misunderstood that, maybe Holinka was truly addressing the active PvP community alone, to see if they're happy with only one set per season or would rather want them all.

Listening to feedback requires you to wait a couple of days and make sure the idea floats around to all the player base, not base your decision on the feedback of likely biased sub-forum and the kinds of people who are active on said sub-forum between 00:00 and 03:00 p.m. on a work day.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Well duh, all the bads that congregate on mmo-champ were excited at the prospect of free gear they never earned lol.
    I really wish AJ wasn't dead and I didn't get permabanned from the WoW forums about 3 years ago for naming and shaming a cheater.

It is interesting to see how the "average of the average" player thinks though.

I really wish AJ wasn't dead and I didn't get permabanned from the WoW forums about 3 years ago for naming and shaming a cheater.

It is interesting to see how the "average of the average" player thinks though.
    I can see those crystals shining brightly on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    They did not go back on their words. They never said it was going to happen, they literally said it was an idea and would decide based on feedback. Feedback was negative so they dropped it.

I've always assumed that the players who wore/transmogged old Elite sets could only afford to buy a carry for that one season.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I've always assumed that the players who wore/transmogged old Elite sets could only afford to buy a carry for that one season.
    Ya, everyone with an elite set totally bought a carry. You're actually retarded af lmao.

Good that they're leaving such a decision up to an US-only forum filled with people who are already likely to believe the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    They could start with simple stuff. For reasons unknown, Legion doesn't even have any current tabards. It's a freaking tabard it's not hard to make. What does that mean?
    Don't worry, they "totally hear you" (post from the same thread):

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=4#post-72

"I'd like to clarify one point: we totally hear that you'd like a rating restricted tabard and illusion back. We're adding a new tabard for Season 3 that will have a rating requirement. ..."

Deleted
    The whole point of them is the prestige value, that's what makes them "elite". Letting everyone get them who didn't even play back in the relevant season is just idiotic and removes all worth from them.
    I have to disagree. With each expansion it's fairly easy to get old raid tiers as well, why should PvP gear be any different and be exclusive to that period of time?

7+ Year Old Account
    Rather had them ignoring feedback on this one instead of some more important things..

I think if you want to attract newer players you shouldn't gate a lot of the coolest looking stuff away. By this I don't mean casuals just new players.

Both sides have good points, but I don't see why PvP should be treated differently from PvE. Why do you get to go into a mythic from a previous expansion and just get your free loot while a PvE player can't? I mean 2.2k is still out of reach for most of those players.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I have to disagree. With each expansion it's fairly easy to get old raid tiers as well, why should PvP gear be any different and be exclusive to that period of time?
    And your answer to that is found approximately 469,301,209 times in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    Rather had them ignoring feedback on this one instead of some more important things..

I think if you want to attract newer players you shouldn't gate a lot of the coolest looking stuff away. By this I don't mean casuals just new players.

Both sides have good points, but I don't see why PvP should be treated differently from PvE. Why do you get to go into a mythic from a previous expansion and just get your free loot while a PvE player can't? I mean 2.2k is still out of reach for most of those players.
    To be honest, they should make mythic appearances disappear after the content's "prime" is over, more exclusivity and uniqueness is a good thing. Also they need to keep adding exclusive rewards to areas of the game. Leave the ones from the past in the past, let those people have what they earned.