Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Demonic build is the most fun I've had DPS in a while.

Coming from someone who mains a Monk (and also FDK) and has raided and M+'d as WW a lot, I must say, the Demonic build (3 3 3 3 3 1 3, I went Master of the Glaive over Demon Reborn after the meta added time nerf) is super fun.

Especially coming from WW where AoEing is just NOT FUN at all. Having to tab target in a game where tab targeting is AIDS is just super frustrating. Also having FoF miss half the targets because it only has like a 3 inch reach is also NOT FUN. I love that Eye Beam has like a 20 yard range and I can snipe all the mobs.

I'm still undecided on either Bloodlet or First Blood. I like the FB makes BD cost less Fury (so I can CS more while in meta form) and do more damage on 1 target, but the DoT on GT is too good for M+ where I can DoT multiple targets up and then go to town with Eye Beam.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been messing with my DH a lot more since 7.1.5. I also main a WW monk and am really considering changing mains. Monks 880 and DH is 860 so i have some work todo to catch up if i do swap.

I've been using 332x323 working pretty well so far in mythic+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    I've been messing with my DH a lot more since 7.1.5. I also main a WW monk and am really considering changing mains. Monks 880 and DH is 860 so i have some work todo to catch up if i do swap.

I've been using 332x323 working pretty well so far in mythic+
    I think Soul Rending for this spec is the best choice at 104 since you'll be spending a lot of your time in meta form. It's basically a full heal every couple of seconds.

Also, I see a lot of people taking First Blood over Bloodlet, is it better for M+?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I think Soul Rending for this spec is the best choice at 104 since you'll be spending a lot of your time in meta form. It's basically a full heal every couple of seconds.

Also, I see a lot of people taking First Blood over Bloodlet, is it better for M+?
    Bloodlet is garbo compared to First Blood atm. The only moment you would consider taking Bloodlet in that tier is if you've the legendary bracers and you're doing a constant 3 target cleave.

Also, there's no point using Bloodlet with a Demonic build because Death Sweep with First Blood hits like a truck. (Critting for 1.5M+ per Death Sweep np)

10+ Year Old Account
    I must agree. Being lucky enough to get the helmet legendary first, I swapped to demonic. I've not had this much fun on a melee ever. Trash dps in M+ is absolutely insane and boss damage is still quite competitive considering the fights are short enough Nemesis really shines as well.

I've been using: 3323323 but have heard talk of Momentum over Nemesis. It feels hectic to me, is it considered better just because of more uptime on trash for M+?

I've mained a Shadowpriest this whole xpac and am now furiously trying to catch my DH up so I have options. Too much fun!
    @Saverem First Blood for sure, not only is it better dps wise, but really smooths out the single target rotation as well IMO.
    Last edited by royals; 2017-01-24 at 12:43 AM.

I'm surprisingly falling into the same catagory, was a WW main but since 7.1.5 tried the demonic build and very much enjoying it on my DH what had pretty much sat untouched since I got it to 110 due to how much i couldn't stand the Momentum/Fel Mastery/Prepared build that dominated before

Are any of you pulling off demonic without the helm?
    Maybe I'm just sucking at it. But I find I need to demons bite alot and aren't in near constant meta.

Take netherwalk, meta already provides 30% leech. 100% leech usually does more overhealing and isnt very useful and in higher mythic+s the 30% leech is enough to heal you up on unavoidable dmg. I find in higher mythic+ and raids im rarely below 50% health and if im dead i've been killed in a gcd.

Also to note netherwalk is very useful in various fights.

Chronomatic Anomaly, you can netherwalk through all the orbs to get to the add quicker, to get better dps.
    Trilliax, you can netherwalk through the Laser Beam to better positioning, Across the pools, or to soak a scrubber if you don't have the absorb shield.
    Star Augur Etraeus, you can netherwalk on the Big Add's 2nd or 3rd cast to help healers out.
    Spellblade Aluriel, you can VR to drop flame patches well out of the raid and netherwalk across all the patches.
    Tichondrius, you can netherwalk up to him during the void bolts, to begin dpsing him right away.

Here is a macro that Cast Netherwalk if its not active or cancels it if active.
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cancelaura Netherwalk
    /use Netherwalk

Quote Originally Posted by squirtlesquad View Post
    Are any of you pulling off demonic without the helm?
    Maybe I'm just sucking at it. But I find I need to demons bite alot and aren't in near constant meta.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...st/#bracket=-1

First two bosses I did well for my ilvl with demonic (No helm). You can get between 40-50% meta uptime, just depends on soul frags.

Lets say I would change talents to demonic build, and I have the helm for one legendary. Would you go with waist (Cinidaria, the Symbiote) or ring as the second legendary? I am guessing the answer is probably the ring for increased fury (Anger of the Half-Giants).

Also would 3323113 be a good option for this build?
    Last edited by Rawbiz; 2017-01-24 at 11:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawbiz View Post
    Lets say I would change talents to demonic build, and I have the helm for one legendary. Would you go with waist (Cinidaria, the Symbiote) or ring as the second legendary? I am guessing the answer is probably the ring for increased fury (Anger of the Half-Giants).

Also would 3323113 be a good option for this build?
    Ring all day erry day.

I prefer 3323333 myself, but 3323133 is also fine if you want momentum. Master of the Glaive just kinda does.. Nothing for you as demonic spec. You get a bit of a slow, but other classes can do better slows, or at least hit more targets with them. Demon Reborn might not seem like a lot, but it's basically a free Eye Beam for going meta, and you also get stun available again if you need it

Without Raddon's, I don't find it that much fun. Yeah, it's cool but not that much.
    With, I guess (since I don't have it) it can be very fun.

Also, Demonic build in >M+10 is somewhat equally competitive with ST build without Raddon's, depending of dungeon. HOV 12+ this week for example, you don't AoE, you tank getting destroyed. You CC mobs old way and ST benefits from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Ring all day erry day.

I prefer 3323333 myself, but 3323133 is also fine if you want momentum. Master of the Glaive just kinda does.. Nothing for you as demonic spec. You get a bit of a slow, but other classes can do better slows, or at least hit more targets with them. Demon Reborn might not seem like a lot, but it's basically a free Eye Beam for going meta, and you also get stun available again if you need it
    Yeah just checked it out and it looks cool/makes sense. One thing tho, how does your opener look like with an extra charge of eye beam for meta? Do you FR in, eye beam, meta, eye beam? Otherwise you would "waste" one charge because of the reset.

Rush in, Bite to EB, DS, Bite, An, Bite, An, DS, Meta and then I EB immediately if I can to extend the meta 8 secs right off the bat.

(number of Bites and An's between initial DS's will vary based on crits and such but my goal is to end the Demonic meta with 2 DS's as many AN's as I can and enough Fury to EB again right at Meta while DS is still on CD from Demonic.

That's just me...not sure if it is "prefect"

(3 3 3 3 3 1 3, I went Master of the Glaive over Demon Reborn after the meta added time nerf
    MOTG is probably the worst talent in that row for DA. I use Unleashed Power extensively (-20s stun CD, no stun cost)

Stunning anything gives a 30% chance per mob to drop a soul, eating a soul restores 25% of your max HP + 35 fury and reduces the CD on eyebeam and stun by 5 seconds which is nothing short of amazing. 3-3 build is basically soul farmer 2017
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-01-24 at 03:46 PM.

so finally got around to simming both specs for my toon (889) today...and it is a 3k dps loss to play demonic on a pure patchwerk fight.

I can live with that 3k loss when I enjoy it so much more (I'm a no AotHG guy).

So here's looking at you Nighthold.............................................see what I did there.......oh wow, and there too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amythist View Post
    I'm surprisingly falling into the same catagory, was a WW main but since 7.1.5 tried the demonic build and very much enjoying it on my DH what had pretty much sat untouched since I got it to 110 due to how much i couldn't stand the Momentum/Fel Mastery/Prepared build that dominated before
    Ha! I actually did the same. DH was like my 3rd 110 and he sat collecting dust until 7.1.5 replaced the momentum build which I hated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Rush in, Bite to EB, DS, Bite, An, Bite, An, DS, Meta and then I EB immediately if I can to extend the meta 8 secs right off the bat.

(number of Bites and An's between initial DS's will vary based on crits and such but my goal is to end the Demonic meta with 2 DS's as many AN's as I can and enough Fury to EB again right at Meta while DS is still on CD from Demonic.

That's just me...not sure if it is "prefect"
    Didn't they make it so EBing while in meta no longer adds to its duration?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    so finally got around to simming both specs for my toon (889) today...and it is a 3k dps loss to play demonic on a pure patchwerk fight.

I can live with that 3k loss when I enjoy it so much more (I'm a no AotHG guy).

So here's looking at you Nighthold.............................................see what I did there.......oh wow, and there too.
    That 3k DPS should easily fall within the margin of error when you get unlucky with FB procs.

Deleted
    The build is super fun in M+, but it is insanely OP. I can legit solo mythic+9 trash with this. I can "dps tank" fortified mob packs as long as they don't oneshot me for extended period etc. It is super op.

Didn't they make it so EBing while in meta no longer adds to its duration?
    They made it so you can only extend Meta's duration 1 time via EB during Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    They made it so you can only extend Meta's duration 1 time via EB during Meta.
    It feels superawkward to dps single target boss and having Eye Beam cooldown ready with like 15 sec of Meta left (from opener). I'm usually saving that Eye Beam after Meta ends so I can have that extra 8 sec again but it is just clunky after the nerf.

if possible save soul fragments so u can EB again asap