Question about Skittish and MD.

So for US tomorrows +7-9 Affix is going to be Skittish. I haven't done Skittish yet so I was wondering exactly when do we MD on each trash pack? As soon as the tank loses agro, or as soon as we engage the pack as normal?

Just curious what to expect as for I am sure MD plays a vital role during Skittish.

Any other tips greatly appreciated !

Deleted
    I'm SV so I can't offer precise advice but as SV I've found I'm most likely to be brutally murderlized in the first few seconds on a trash pack with skittish. This might be due to crazy burst from butchery and a tank's inability to keep pace with that threat generation though. I'd love to get MD back. An SV hunter with MD + Butchery would be a great asset to a skittish group.

If it still works the way it used to then threat transfers to a new target when the new target's threat reaches 110% of the original target (if in melee range of the mob) or 130% of the current target (if at range). The help on pull should be the most beneficial to helping it stick to the tank.

My advice to my fellow SV hunters on a skittish week, if running butchery, spread them out, don't use back-to-back, the tank has no chance of keeping up with that damage output. Start the fight with Caltrops, then explosive trap before building up to your first butchery. You'll probably need Aspect of the Turtle often in a skittish week. If/when you do pull aggro, your caltrops are down so disengage & kite. Keep using caltrops & rangers net to slow your pursuers, Cheetah to keep distance and Turtle when all else fails.

Deleted
    As a tank, I can give some insight. use it directly on pull, as often as possible. Use it on trash and bosses as well.

Skittish means you loose a fixed amount of aggro per second. This makes it likely for DPS to catch up. The more aggro you get right from the start the more room you have later.

Deleted
    Skittish is that tank do much less threat. So MD on pull is ideal. MD threat is for 30 sec and after that pack is dead. Its not much but its enough to melee not take agro after 1-2 hits.

Ever hear of feign Death? Nothing else is needed.. Rest are DPS loss.

Even after MD and Feign you are still dying then you are bad and not moving out of stuff or tank needs to take a 101 class.

Your MD isn't just for you, it helps the whole group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    Ever hear of feign Death? Nothing else is needed.. Rest are DPS loss.

Even after MD and Feign you are still dying then you are bad and not moving out of stuff or tank needs to take a 101 class.
    What a snarky angry response to a question that wasn't even asked. Nobody said anything about avoiding dying. The question was about the best way to use MD during skittish affix. MD does more than help the hunter avoid dying.

As MM, this is what i do, and on extended pacts, throwing a tar/stun arrow and another md off cooldown is great help for the tanks ( my tank uses the arrow to force a stun then the dps threat gets high/ evil spell)

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    What a snarky angry response to a question that wasn't even asked. Nobody said anything about avoiding dying. The question was about the best way to use MD during skittish affix. MD does more than help the hunter avoid dying.
    haha not a snarky response and never was meant to be. Was curt yes. I have played all specs over the years and consider myself adequate at performing those roles. It hence boggles me why people want to even overthink stuff. If you are on cutting edge and pushing every bit then yes sure but then I feel you would already know all such tactics.

So long the tank knows how tab target works and his spells (intervene, leap, stampeding, charge etc) he shouldn't even be asking for a MD or tricks. And I meant using FD in the best possible way meaning if you really get aggro press FD, jump back up and shoot more aggresively since you have been wiped off the threat table.. Turtle or disengage does neither and hence should not be the preferred option. I never said anything against not MD.

haha not a snarky response and never was meant to be. Was curt yes. I have played all specs over the years and consider myself adequate at performing those roles. It hence boggles me why people want to even overthink stuff. If you are on cutting edge and pushing every bit then yes sure but then I feel you would already know all such tactics.

So long the tank knows how tab target works and his spells (intervene, leap, stampeding, charge etc) he shouldn't even be asking for a MD or tricks. And I meant using FD in the best possible way meaning if you really get aggro press FD, jump back up and shoot more aggresively since you have been wiped off the threat table.. Turtle or disengage does neither and hence should not be the preferred option. I never said anything against not MD.
    Do you even know what Skittish is

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Do you even know what Skittish is
    I don't think english is his first language, he obviously is having trouble grasping the subject of this thread.

@OP
    Use MD early and often, give the tank as much extra threat as possible to help keep your melee friends alive.

There is a faulty logic that says nothing matters in this game unless one is on the very cutting edge. Usually the poster sporting this logic will throw out something like 'unless you are in a top (arbitrary number) guild' or 'unless you are pushing mythic +(arbitrary number)', as if using arbitrary numbers makes something objective. This faulty logic is a plague on MMOC threads any time someone is asking how to do something better.

The whole nature of an MMO is to push content that you have not done yet or to do it better than you have done it before. Sure there is repetition, but the repetition exists to give you something in pursuit of your bigger goal: progression. MMO's that lack new content to push and new bars to achieve are called failed games. Whether a player is in the best raid in the world or in the worst raid in the world and whether they are doing +2's or +15's, the whole idea behind continuing to play is to improve (gear, skills, teammates, etc) for the purpose of being able to do more stuff more effectively. Not that every single person has that drive, but that is the basic foundation for MMO game design.

Please don't take this personally. It is the ~50th time I have seen this same idea expressed in the last week and it bothers me so.

As far as this thread, I completely disagree with your philosophy in regards to role responsibilities. It sounds like you do M+ levels you outgear so you just burn through them. I like pushing for higher levels that require more effort on everyone's part and what you are suggesting, especially for skittish, would suck in that scenario. The most fun I have had in M+ were runs at higher levels than our gear comfortably supported and/or with tough affixes. I would not run with someone with your attitude. What to you is overthinking is to me required to have any reason to play. If I cared that little about improvements I would not be playing.

Stop digging.