Question on upgraded Fury of the Burning Sky

Im confused on if the toolitip is correct in game and if it was upgraded. My other question is with its upgrade will an 885 one beat 865 Bloodthirsty Instinct or 875 mastery Eye of Guarm?

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    Im confused on if the toolitip is correct in game and if it was upgraded. My other question is with its upgrade will an 885 one beat 865 Bloodthirsty Instinct or 875 mastery Eye of Guarm?
    Just look at the sim numbers and do a little simple math. DPS difference between the 875 and 890 Fury on the list is just shy of 3k DPS. At 885, that'd be 2/3 that difference, or about 455,920. That puts it about 1k ahead of 865 Blood Thirsty but just short of 3k behind 875 Guarm Mastery. That's based on the single target sim list. Fury will pull ahead as the number of enemies the proc hits increases. All the numbers are there, just have to run your calculator real quick.

Or, better yet, run your own sims, which is what you should be doing anyways. Guides will never tell you what is best for you personally. They just provide an idea of what you should be aiming for. But gear performance, stat weights, and everything else will vary form person to person.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-01-25 at 03:35 AM.

I asked because before the buff it is way at the bottom of the list... also TOTALLY forgot to mention Im BM. The post is a tad unclear on if the change has actually happened.

I asked because before the buff it is way at the bottom of the list... also TOTALLY forgot to mention Im BM. The post is a tad unclear on if the change has actually happened.
    If you're BM things are widely different since stat procs, like from Blood Thirsty, also buff your pets, making them better in some cases than procs that deal direct damage. Just run your own sims, single target and 3 target, with your different trinket combinations. It's going to give you a much more accurate answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    If you're BM things are widely different since stat procs, like from Blood Thirsty, also buff your pets, making them better in some cases than procs that deal direct damage. Just run your own sims, single target and 3 target, with your different trinket combinations. It's going to give you a much more accurate answer.
    no idea how to do so.

no idea how to do so.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+use+simulation+craft

WOW thats confusing! Long story short, not an upgrade.

Glad that you asked this question as I was going over it last night myself after I got an 875 FotBS. I wondered if it would be better than the 880 Eye of Guarm or 865 Bloodthirsty. I'm not sure the latest Simcraft build includes the buffs to Fury of the Burning Sky or not. Their last build is dated 01/17/17 so unless you added the buffs yourself, which I'm not 100% sure if is possible, then you'll not be getting an accurate sim as of the latest patch.

Checking the nightly builds page seems to be down right now and I can't download the latest simcraft build either.. *downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D*

Effinhunter said a bit earlier he was going to run trinket sims again tonight and post them tomorrow since the buffs to FotBS doesn't seem to have changed anything at all.