Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

About the Eye of Aman'thul

Was the Eye of Aman'thul mentioned in any dialogue or quest before we found it from the Nighthold?

background lore and flavor text - you are searching for the pillars of creation.

Deleted
    Did Khadgar even know that the Eye would be there?

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    At some point in game I remember reading that Gul'dan was using the eye and the Nightwell to open the portal. So, someone knew. Unfortunately I cannot remember where or who in game said it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    even if he didnt, thalyssra and the others would've told him.

the nightwell exists because of it.

+ IIRC he was the one to find out what gul'dan was trying to do in the nighthold.
    not sure tho.

Formerly known as Arafal

Does anyone have a picture of it after it gets moved to Dalaran? All I can ever find is vague glimpses of it in Gul'dan videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of it after it gets moved to Dalaran? All I can ever find is vague glimpses of it in Gul'dan videos.
    It basically looks like the kirin tor symbol when its next to the other artifacts
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...all/603383.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    It basically looks like the kirin tor symbol when its next to the other artifacts
    What if the Kirin Tor symbol always represented the eye of Aman'Thul?

That's 3 pillars of creation lost to the night elves, - The Eye of Aman'thul, the Tidestone of Golganoth and the Tears of Elune - weren't they the ones that entrusted the Hammer of Khazgoroth to the HIghbmountain? I've already forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That is literally the point of making it look like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Should I describe the eye of aman'thul by saying it looks like eye of aman'thul?

7+ Year Old Account
    That'd be a nice twist.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    That'd be a nice twist.
    Well the silver hand most likely got their symbol from Tyr's silver hand.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Kirin Tor symbol was inspired by the eye of Aman'Thul.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    That's 3 pillars of creation lost to the night elves, - The Eye of Aman'thul, the Tidestone of Golganoth and the Tears of Elune - weren't they the ones that entrusted the Hammer of Khazgoroth to the HIghbmountain? I've already forgotten.
    No, the Hammer was stolen by Huln Highmountain from Neltharion's Vault.

-------

EDIT:

That is the eye of Aman'thul.
    Last edited by Alexandyr; 2017-01-25 at 08:42 AM.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Isn't the Eye the big circular thing in the floor that Gul'dan is standing on that swirls around him?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh it's fucking huge then.

Also that means we now have TWO unused alcoves in that place.
    Dalaran is coming to contain all the really powerful artifacts.. i don't think i like that either - it feels like simple writing - shortcut, rather than be expansive and have complex roles - oh let it all go to dalaran and dalaran be the centre - rather than have the blood elves have their amazing centre of magic now employed for the horde, and the night elves via the nightborne having theirs (whether neutral or for the alliance) - instead we have Dalaran getting everything, and it feels it's the case because it's easy and simple

Dalaran is coming to contain all the really powerful artifacts.. i don't think i like that either - it feels like simple writing - shortcut, rather than be expansive and have complex roles - oh let it all go to dalaran and dalaran be the centre - rather than have the blood elves have their amazing centre of magic now employed for the horde, and the night elves via the nightborne having theirs (whether neutral or for the alliance) - instead we have Dalaran getting everything, and it feels it's the case because it's easy and simple
    Cause the horde and alliance dont want to work together, so Dalaran has to do everything, just like in wrath

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post

EDIT:

That is the eye of Aman'thul.
    Ah, damn the eye is huge

Formerly known as Arafal

This has been happening for a while now. Why must all mage races work FOR Kirin Tor? I guess it works with Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes and Blood/High Elves but why must Night Elf Highborne and Draenei be also employed by Kirin Tor (and I mean before the Legion, so no, unification before greater evil was not necessary), they should be their own entities. Same goes for Horde races, especially after Purge and Cata events, why would Blood Elves want to work in Dalaran after Purge and why would Dalaran ever want to work with undeads after they murdered hundreds of mages near Dalaran crater? Yet all mages are being thrown into one bag - Kirin Tor.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Isn't the Eye the big circular thing in the floor that Gul'dan is standing on that swirls around him?
    Oh, then whats the kirin tor symbol? It popped up after we brought the Eye back to dalaran.