Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    An ethnic minority with separatist aspirations within Israel.
    "the insane" is right...

You do know Israel should not exist in the firts place? It should be Palestine, as it was before 1948 when the state of Israel was founded by the Brits. Because "reasons" (all of wich are invalid since by that logic we would all still live in the Roman Empire, All Hail Caesar and stuff)

I hope they get erased from this world, reverted back to pre-48.
    You know, when illegal jewish immigrants were allowed in Palestine and the jewish terrorists blew up a hotel https://www.facebook.com/GazaIPN/vid...4419382266600/.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    Speaking on behalf of all sane israelis -

You say "Israel is a myth, the jews should go back to Europe, where they came from". That's all well and good, besides the fact that people need to work and live, and that takes special permits that are not easily given.

Suppose Israel is "cancelled" and instead a palestinian state is formed. Obiously no jews would be allowed (Abbas said this himself) or want to stay there. Where will we go? What will we do? There is no where in the world where we can live and work and provide for ourselves and our families. It's not as if european countries are known to accept strangers with open arms. I've known several people who were banished from europe for working illegaly.

No, Israel won't disappear and regardless if it's right or wrong, it is here to stay.

Regarding the settlements - obviously I don't think it's a good thing, but I really don't think it's at the heart of the issue. The palestinian conflict started way before the word settlement was ever brought up. Now jerusalem is debateable, but after that tel aviv will be debatable. It's clear to me that the settlements are not the core of the conflict. The core of the conflict is that one side wants the other gone. For good. From all territories. Not just "jerusalem and the vicinity".

All you have to do is look at history. "The occupation of gaza is at the core of the conflict. Once israel withdraws from gaza, there will be peace!" - We didn't get peace. "Gush Katif is palestinian territory! once israel withdraws from gush katif, there will be peace" - we didn't get peace. What makes you think the settlements are any different? The settlements are just a stepping stone to jerusalem, and from there tel aviv, haifa, etc.
    Canada offered land. The zionists didn't want it because bible and all that retardedness.
    Besides, Palestines let the jews live there and it worked pre-WWI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    How are they "a minority"?
    Well, zionists made this extermination camp. Locked up most Palestines and then cut off any supplies (water, food, medicine, electricity,...)
    That's how they become a minority. You know, like they did in WWII.

Deleted
    Speaking on behalf of all sane israelis -

You say "Israel is a myth, the jews should go back to Europe, where they came from". That's all well and good, besides the fact that people need to work and live, and that takes special permits that are not easily given.
    I have never heard this sentiment before, really not even once. It is not just Israeli that need to work, i think Palestinians want to work, live and provide for their families too.

Suppose Israel is "cancelled" and instead a palestinian state is formed. Obiously no jews would be allowed (Abbas said this himself) or want to stay there. Where will we go? What will we do? There is no where in the world where we can live and work and provide for ourselves and our families. It's not as if european countries are known to accept strangers with open arms. I've known several people who were banished from europe for working illegaly.
    When you mistreat people for over 70 years they tend to not like you very much, that is the first thing that springs to mind. Then you start again with the whole family routine.. While no one but you is opting for peoples mass migration, if you follow the rules you will not be banished from Europe. Working illegally in Israel will get you banished just the same.

No, Israel won't disappear and regardless if it's right or wrong, it is here to stay.
    /facepalm
    Regarding the settlements - obviously I don't think it's a good thing, but I really don't think it's at the heart of the issue. The palestinian conflict started way before the word settlement was ever brought up. Now jerusalem is debateable, but after that tel aviv will be debatable. It's clear to me that the settlements are not the core of the conflict. The core of the conflict is that one side wants the other gone. For good. From all territories. Not just "jerusalem and the vicinity".
    Yes it is the issue and you know it, if the lands that are illegally occupied where given back that would make for a good start, of course it can't end there, it is just a start. That you think that this is the core of the conflict doest seem odd to me, you do want them all gone, so yea, that kind of makes it the core of the problem...

All you have to do is look at history. "The occupation of gaza is at the core of the conflict. Once israel withdraws from gaza, there will be peace!" - We didn't get peace. "Gush Katif is palestinian territory! once israel withdraws from gush katif, there will be peace" - we didn't get peace. What makes you think the settlements are any different? The settlements are just a stepping stone to jerusalem, and from there tel aviv, haifa, etc.
    Right, we "give back this land, and to compensate us we take even more somewhere else", its really no wonder these peoples are pissed off.

Good for them. I think we can all agree that it's great to see such a young nation thriving and even expanding. Hope to hear more from Israel in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    "the insane" is right...

You do know Israel should not exist in the firts place? It should be Palestine, as it was before 1948 when the state of Israel was founded by the Brits. Because "reasons" (all of wich are invalid since by that logic we would all still live in the Roman Empire, All Hail Caesar and stuff)

I hope they get erased from this world, reverted back to pre-48.
    You know, when illegal jewish immigrants were allowed in Palestine and the jewish terrorists blew up a hotel https://www.facebook.com/GazaIPN/vid...4419382266600/.
    Huh, the last time you posted about denying rockets even existing in Gaza I thought you were just being sarcastic, but you were really just a retard all along.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-01-28 at 10:01 PM.

Funny you should mention that. I went to America on vacation a few months ago.

Border control made it very clear that if I work or stay longer than my alotted time (6 months) then I will be persecuted.
    Don't they say that to everyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Huh, the last time you posted about denying rockets even existing in Gaza I thought you were just being sarcastic, but you were really just a retard all along.
    Take a glimpse at the link he posted, it's like the Palestinian version of Stormfront, go and reason with a knobhead that feeds on that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    It is our business when we basically fund their entire fucking campaign. I bet anything, that if the US didn't pretty much make the weapons and fund the Israeli military, Israel we be back to Palestine within a decade.
    You may want to read up on the Merkava or the Uzi.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandis View Post
    As many others you greatly exaggerate the importance of the US military help to Israel. While that help is very much appreciated, it is by no means essential, as it only constitutes about 1% of our GDP and 10% of our military budget. In addition that money has to be spent on buying the military equipment from the US itself, which isn't necessarily the cheapest option, that further diminishes the value of that aid. Also don't forget that agreement limits the deals we can make with other countries, for example a few years back by the US request we had to cancel a very lucrative weapons deal with China, that cost us a lot of lost revenue. People tend to forget that Israel is also one of the top weapons manufacturers in the world. I'm sure we'd be OK even without the US military aid. The main help we get from the US is the political/diplomatic one

You mean to not existing? I'm not sure what kind of history they teach where you are, but the state of Palestine has never existed before, unless of course you mean the Jewish state that was given that name by the Romans around 2k years ago.
    The Jews didn't have a state until 1947.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    You may want to read up on the Merkava or the Uzi.
    But Israel has the option to buy F-35s, if they ever work that is. They always get planes from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The reason peace negotiations have failed has nothing to do with governmental intractability and everything to do with the Palestinians having absolutely no leverage whatsoever. The Israelis have effective control of all the territory, significantly greater military capability, and the backing of the most powerful nation on Earth, while the Palestinians have, what exactly? What concessions could the Palestinians even offer in negotiations if they want their land back? And if they have nothing to offer, why would the Israelis talk to them at all?

I imagine that if you polled Palestinians, most of them would be in favor of continuing the terror attacks, not because they are all evil terrorists at heart, but because from a very pragmatic, realpolitik standpoint, without posing SOME kind of threat to Israel there's no way they'd be able to force them to negotiating table, much less extract any meaningful concessions.
    The reason Palestinians have no leverage is that they haven't offered anything to anyone that would make anyone take them seriously. When you let terrorists roam free on your land and even encourage the rocket launches against Israel, there are very few decent governments that are going to be willing to shake hands with you.

You can twist it however you want, but if your side conducts consistent terrorist attacks, then you are the problem, not your target - whatever the history of the conflict is. "Forcing them to negotiating table through violence" sounds like something a Nazi state would do. Or ISIS, which is closer.

Take a look at any totalitarian regime, they all act the same. They all need an external enemy, to justify the suppression of freedoms. Israel is Palestine government's best friend! The conflict ending would be a death blow to Abbas and his buddies, hence it will never end with the current state of affairs.
    Last edited by May90; 2017-01-26 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    That's about as naive a position as the other extreme: "This is the land belonging to whoever lives there, and nothing should be able to change it".
    No, not really. Nations and empires are built on conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Oh hun... A piece of firework is not a rocket.
    We should however give them real rockets so they stand a chance at driving out the occupation. But that said, war is never the best way to solve things.

#BDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    No, not really. Nations and empires are built on conquest.
    That's a thing of the past though. Nowadays, if you go on a conquest, you are likely to be economically killed quickly, as all the major powers will embargo you. The world as a whole recognized that rampant empires waging territorial wars across the globe do not make anyone's life pleasant.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

well if they dont do it, no one will do it for them.

leave them to work out their own salvation on these matters i say

I guess it's a matter of 'This was our home first" But why doesn't Europe just absorb the Palestine people" like they did the refugees. Plenty of room for everyone, probably better land as well. Give them all a little farm land and a tractor and off they go. Then all this conflict is done with. Come on Europe, step up and help out the people!

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    That's a thing of the past though. Nowadays, if you go on a conquest, you are likely to be economically killed quickly, as all the major powers will embargo you. The world as a whole recognized that rampant empires waging territorial wars across the globe do not make anyone's life pleasant.
    You can recognize it all you want, it wont stop it. Conquerors no longer need to ride chariots or tanks through countries to take them over. They just make them debt-slaves. There's no need to physically lay claim to land anymore, it's already been done. No more land left to conquer