Guardian questions (Legs + talent choice)

Hi all,

at the moment I have 3 legendaries (guardian spec):

- Legs: Elize's Everlasting Encasement (already 940 - equiped)
    - Ring: Dual Determination (910 - equiped)
    - Chest: Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds (910)

Now I did a BiS check at AskMrRobot and it gave me the chest as BiS.

1.) What should I equip/upgrade next? The chest or the ring? I prefered the ring because of the additional SI effect and its lowered recharge time. The effect of the chest seems quite usless to me (skilled Ysera's gift).

2.) In addition, due to the legs (2 more stacks of Thrash), I skilled Rend and Tier (now 10% increased dmg and 10% less dmg taken) over Pulverize (9% less dmg for 20secs). Think this is ok?

3.) Is the 4 set bonus worth it? BiS list only gives 2 set bonus.
    Last edited by Thaledwyn; 2017-01-25 at 11:48 AM.

Legs are go to. Ekowraith is really good for survival, but gives no DPS benefit, it buffs thick hide passive too. I'd go with those 2 the ring is worse than the other 2.

If you're wearing the legs, always go with R&T UNLESS you can't keep up the 5 stacks of thrash on the target. (Frequent boss movement / immunities). For example in Emerald Nightmare you shouldn't use it on ilgynoth. In Nighthold none of the bosses pose this problem except maybe the last 2. On those I think play style matters most. If you fuck up pulverizes rotation a lot. Just go with R&T. Otherwise you can go pulv on those fights for more prio add damage.

The set bonus is one of the best we've had in a while. It's a really big boost for ironfur uptime. But it's bugged ATM. Aim for 4 set. But don't use it yet. The timers are bugged and actually remove ironfur uptime while wearing it.
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2017-01-25 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    Ekowraith doesn't just buff your talent choice, but Thick Hide aswell, since you have that from your specialization. I upped my chest a few days ago, simply due to the massive stat boost in addition to armor.

Thanks for the quick answers guys.

Didn't think of the thick hide passive we already had.

Is there a ranked list of all guardian legendaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaledwyn View Post
    Thanks for the quick answers guys.

Didn't think of the thick hide passive we already had.

Is there a ranked list of all guardian legendaries?
    Discord Stickies in the guardian thread of the druid discord channel.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Legs are go to. Ekowraith is really good for survival, but gives no DPS benefit, it buffs thick hide passive too. I'd go with those 2 the ring is worse than the other 2.

If you're wearing the legs, always go with R&T UNLESS you can't keep up the 5 stacks of thrash on the target. (Frequent boss movement / immunities). For example in Emerald Nightmare you shouldn't use it on ilgynoth. In Nighthold none of the bosses pose this problem except maybe the last 2. On those I think play style matters most. If you fuck up pulverizes rotation a lot. Just go with R&T. Otherwise you can go pulv on those fights for more prio add damage.

The set bonus is one of the best we've had in a while. It's a really big boost for ironfur uptime. But it's bugged ATM. Aim for 4 set. But don't use it yet. The timers are bugged and actually remove ironfur uptime while wearing it.
    I thought Pulv was better than Rend for ST even with legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    I thought Pulv was better than Rend for ST even with legs?
    Depends on how long the fight lasts.
    When you can get the fight to last more than 90 seconds and your thrash drops off less than every 120 seconds. R&T with legs wins.
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2017-01-25 at 07:18 PM.

Chest & legs - Mainly due to the massive armour on them and 10.5% dmg reduction from thick hide.

Regarding DPS / dmg reduction from Legs. The thing is, you could have used another Legendary...
    So it *just about* beats Pulverise after 30 secs ramp up, doesn't apply to any adds (unless they live for ages) and you can't wear a different legendary.

I would still use them for the DPS increase and the armour on them, but Pulv is generally better for most fights even with legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fizz View Post
    Chest & legs - Mainly due to the massive armour on them and 10.5% dmg reduction from thick hide.
    Is this extra buff visible in numbers somewhere? Because the spell book tooltip doesn't change after equiping the chest. :-/
    Or did someone test the additional armor?

1) Ekowraith with Ysera's is incredibly powerful. Mostly due to the added benefit of its Armor increasing with ilevel. Dual Determination is good for fights where you know you need extra SI charges, but it doesn't need an upgrade to 940 to really shine. Additionally, most likely if you're considering equipping Dual Determination (defense) over Elize (offense), then you'll probably be equipping Ekowraith beforehand anyway, so it seems the safer bet to upgrade.

2) Rend and Tear is superior to Pulverize for tanking with Elize, however you also have to consider the opportunity cost in equipping Elize. You gain ~1.1% damage reduction, a few more open GCDs, and whatever stats Elize has over your non-legendary legs but you lose the opportunity to use a second legendary. Prydaz, Skysec's, Ekowraith, Oakheart's Puny Quods, and Archimonde's Hatred Reborn are all far superior to Elize for doing your job as a tank. However, since you don't have any of those, Elize may be the better defensive option over Dual Determination.

3)The 4-set bonus is very worth it if you are trying to push difficult content, such as raid progression or higher Mythic+ runs than you're used to. It is a massive increase to your survivability. However, I tend to take it off for content I am already confident in such as AP Farming or Normal/Heroic raid farm runs and easier Mythic farm bosses.

Also keep in mind that Pump's guide and BiS list are written with damage in mind, rather than any useful tank progression.
    Last edited by videnfost; 2017-01-30 at 12:29 PM.

Thank you for the detailed answer.

Anyone has some info about this?:

Is this extra buff visible in numbers somewhere? Because the spell book tooltip doesn't change after equiping the chest. :-/
    Or did someone test the additional armor?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=210667/...ator-of-worlds
    Increase the effects of Thick Hide, Astral Influence, Feline Swiftness, and Ysera's Gift by 75%.

Thick Hide is 6%.
    6 * 1.75 = 10.5%

Ekowraith also increases the radius of thrash and swipe even further if you take balance affinity which is great for M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fizz View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=210667/...ator-of-worlds
    Increase the effects of Thick Hide, Astral Influence, Feline Swiftness, and Ysera's Gift by 75%.

Thick Hide is 6%.
    6 * 1.75 = 10.5%
    Sorry my question was a bit misleading. I ment, if the buff is visible ingame somewhere (changing talent / spell tooltips or something else).

Sorry my question was a bit misleading. I ment, if the buff is visible ingame somewhere (changing talent / spell tooltips or something else).
    Not that I've seen, but you can easily observe the massive increase in Ysera's Gift healing ticks.

Off-topic, who decided legs was a good abbreviation? For weeks I thought people were talking about pants. It got especially confusing when people said leg legs.

Which items should make the 4set?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seithan View Post
    Which items should make the 4set?
    The pants are haste and crit, so probably the worst tier item for bear (but beautiful for resto).

The chest is the only item with both mastery and versatility, so it's clearly the best piece. The cloak probably comes in second with its big chunk of versatility with a little haste. The remaining three items (gloves, helm, and shoulders) all have versatility or mastery as the lower stat for each piece, but the helm's mastery is still a substantial portion of its budget, and the shoulders pair mastery with a better defensive primary (haste) than the crit that accompanies the versatility on the gloves.

I'll be pursuing the cloak, helm, shoulders, and gloves, because I have a 940 Ekowraith. If I didn't have a top-tier legendary taking up that slot, I'd likely want the chest, cloak, helm, and shoulders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Ekowraith also increases the radius of thrash and swipe even further if you take balance affinity which is great for M+.
    This is the best part of Eko. I got it yesterday and was playing around with it on Star Augur. I was able to stand so far away from the boss that I could actually hit both the boss and the Void phase tank add at the same time because I had so much range. Its disgusting, I felt like a ranged DPS