Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    There's just shy of a 1% difference between cataclysm and SH in ST.

I'm not sure what you use as your measure for "garbage", but I feel like that's pretty close.
    Really? Even with the cast time? I think that's the one thing that puts me off Cata....start casting go make cup of tea come back for it to be finishing

Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    Really? Even with the cast time? I think that's the one thing that puts me off Cata....start casting go make cup of tea come back for it to be finishing
    It's not that long of a cast? Also it saves you a immolate cast.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

There's just shy of a 1% difference between cataclysm and SH in ST. .
    That is surprising to say the least.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had to double check....3 seconds doesn't sound like much but when you're in the thick of it seems like forever! I think this is my main gripe with destro and probably my lock in general....it feels very sluggish.

Might give it a whirl in tonight's raid and see how it goes!

Deleted

I'm not sure what you use as your measure for "garbage", but I feel like that's pretty close.
    Is this after the buff to cata? That would be really nice, as it would give us more of a "standard" spec for farm.

Deleted

if thats true , i would love it. Because i find how the CD is of SH to be very akward and difficult to use it in full potential if you need to gamble how long the fight last in your guild... use in on CD of wait until Service ...

on the other hand , do you use Cata on CD or wait until some adds spawn ? How long can you hold Cata to be not a dps lost ?

Wouldn't Cataclysm be the go to then? Most fights have more than one target, so I would think it would pull ahead in any non ST fight.

9% Chaosbolt buff result in 3% buff on ST... Destro needs a 10% over all buff on ST.

If stuff doesn't move it's fine, but a ground-targeted 3-second cast aoe with a 45-second cd is ... often frustrating.

The damage buff helps, of course. But I might have preferred if they reduced the cd to 30 seconds and cast-time to 2 seconds instead. Similar for RoF - maybe reduce shard cost and/or make it instant instead of the damage buff.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account

Is that simmed or with napkin math? At what ilvl? With which simcraft version?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Wouldn't Cataclysm be the go to then? Most fights have more than one target, so I would think it would pull ahead in any non ST fight.
    SH is also a aoe spell, as it affects aoe abilities and increases in duration with # of targets. It only takes 3 targets for cata to be ahead, but that's 3 consistent every 45 seconds targets that are stacked on each other enough for cata to hit all 3 of them.

So its really gonna depend on the fight. I imagine SH also has a higher ceiling for RNG as you could potentially get lucky and chain CB's for the whole thing which would significantly increase its value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Is that simmed or with napkin math? At what ilvl? With which simcraft version?
    Both napkin math and yesterdays daily build that includes the updates.

So how is destro doing in raid overall? In my case since I switch to demonology i manage to maintenance 360k of damage with my gear of 870 and with 30 traits

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    So how is destro doing in raid overall? In my case since I switch to demonology i manage to maintenance 360k of damage with my gear of 870 and with 30 traits
    Good, honestly think all 3 specs are looking good right now. Really a *play whatever you enjoy the most* situation.

Good, honestly think all 3 specs are looking good right now. Really a *play whatever you enjoy the most* situation.
    I am glad of heard that, more later I would try affliction when I complete all the traits of demonology but so far I have beeing in top with that spec in many pugs and manage to win even some people with high lvl, except shadow priest which are still broken in execute phase.

SH is also a aoe spell, as it affects aoe abilities and increases in duration with # of targets. It only takes 3 targets for cata to be ahead, but that's 3 consistent every 45 seconds targets that are stacked on each other enough for cata to hit all 3 of them.

So its really gonna depend on the fight. I imagine SH also has a higher ceiling for RNG as you could potentially get lucky and chain CB's for the whole thing which would significantly increase its value.

- - - Updated - - -

Both napkin math and yesterdays daily build that includes the updates.
    In SimC it's looking to me like 2.5% difference in ST, and breaks even with 2 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    In SimC it's looking to me like 2.5% difference in ST, and breaks even with 2 targets.
    With such a small difference between the two ymmv just with differences in gear. I have a lot of crit for instance and fairly low haste, and haste basically does nothing for cata so my setup probably props it up a bit.

With such a small difference between the two ymmv just with differences in gear. I have a lot of crit for instance and fairly low haste, and haste basically does nothing for cata so my setup probably props it up a bit.
    Ya from what I'm seeing if I am not worried about mythic progression sesms Cata would be my go to, cuz in a large amount of the fights except Krosus, Auger, and Gul'dan you have a multiple adds up for much of the time.

Method is running 2 destro and one of them top the meter in Chrono and 4th place in Trill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibanism View Post
    Method is running 2 destro and one of them top the meter in Chrono and 4th place in Trill.
    now we know why they are losing the world first race :P

my personal story with destro:

I turned into a casual player doing a few m+ and pugging. After 7.1.5 was introduced and I was short of forced to change to an atrocious playstyle, I started login much less.

Now I haven't logged in 3 days and I don't think am gonna log back in. I'd love to change to affliction since destro has become so annoying to play with but I just can't bare the AP grind to get my affliction up.

All in all, blizzard has done a terrible job with classes so far this expansion, AP is a very bad system and its forcing people to not even play casually anymore.