10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Seems reasonable to me, they're discontinuing PS3 support so they're not limited to that anymore, hopefully this means they can make things better in-game for everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Well, I just like to get Collector's Editions - got bunch of WoW and Diablo III ones piled on top of each other in my room.

What are your thoughts on the increased system requirements?

Minimum Requirements

Processor: Intel® Core™i5 2.4GHz or higher
    Memory: 3GB or higher (if 64 bit OS, 4GB is recommended)
    Video: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX750 or higher *
    Other: *AMD graphic cards are currently being tested and will be updated at a later time.

While Steam lists these for Heavensward:

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo 3GHz
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA® Geforce® 8800 or higher, ATI Radeon™ HD 4770 or higher

I mean, the jump from year 2007 GPU to 2014 seems quite big.
    Damn yeah crazy a bit. Hope my i7-6800hq holds up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get why minimum specs for CPU is always vague. i5 means nothing without generation. Along that a high clocked i3 can better a low clock (which 2.4GHz is) i5. Then again this game isn't really that CPU heavy in DX11 mode compared to a lot of MMOs anyways. Obviously can't go completely crappy CPU but it proves a shit load of people in order to get the CPU bottleneck going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I don't really get why minimum specs for CPU is always vague. i5 means nothing without generation. Along that a high clocked i3 can better a low clock (which 2.4GHz is) i5. Then again this game isn't really that CPU heavy in DX11 mode compared to a lot of MMOs anyways. Obviously can't go completely crappy CPU but it proves a shit load of people in order to get the CPU bottleneck going.
    Agreed mine may be mobile but is a very good quality issue is is it really strong enough or not. We need a new benchmark now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    To an extent. Get one or two pieces of gear ahead of where you need to be for the next dungeon. At that point the bonus tomes from being new should keep you chugging straight through. IE: You can afford another piece by the time you're done with the two dungeons in the next set, which should allow you to move on to the next set.... etc.

IIRC, I got body and legs... maybe one accessory... and was able to chug through without having to stop again to fix my ilvl.
    If you've got 51+ of POTD unlocked, 1 10-floor clear nets you 60 Lore and 30 Scrip, if you want an alternative to 'grind ARF to grind Xelphatol to grind new Experts'. All up to your personal style. I don't much like dungeons so I run POTD for my weekly Scrip.

If they're increasing the system requirements by that much then hopefully it's a sign that they intend to add more character customisation.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they ADD and don't change, I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't see them suddenly changing the base style too much. They've got the groundwork there already - they just need to offer more options to make some of the lesser played race/gender combinations more appealing.

I suppose the fact that we'll be getting zones with ground travel, flight and underwater portions contributes heavily for the increase in system requirements. Not too long before we start getting more information though I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Add nice clothes physics like in PSO2 please.
    kthx.

As long as they don't fuck up the performance of the game like Blizzard did with Legion. Though to be honest the genre as a whole is notorious for horrible optimization with FFXIV being rather good so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    If they're increasing the system requirements by that much then hopefully it's a sign that they intend to add more character customisation.
    Hopefully, GTX 750 has like 4x more memory than current 8800.

Rest in peace Draenei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    If you've got 51+ of POTD unlocked, 1 10-floor clear nets you 60 Lore and 30 Scrip, if you want an alternative to 'grind ARF to grind Xelphatol to grind new Experts'. All up to your personal style. I don't much like dungeons so I run POTD for my weekly Scrip.
    is that every run or first clear of the day ? Because i might just grind my gear that way once im 60. Then clear content once and move on.

I really, really loathe PvP in this game.

Wolves' Den isn't too bad in terms of win/loss ratio since even if your team is getting slaughtered the match tends to end pretty quickly. If it's dragging on it's because you stand a solid chance of winning - and sometimes your group slaughters the enemy team instead.

Frontlines, on the other hand, is a mess. Even with it 'only' being ten wins I've not seen my team win once since I put the title on. Though I did see us win before I had the title, ironically. >_>

Not entirely sure how 'morale' works either. I'm not seeing a difference in my stats...unless I'm missing something obvious?

10+ Year Old Account

Wolves' Den isn't too bad in terms of win/loss ratio since even if your team is getting slaughtered the match tends to end pretty quickly. If it's dragging on it's because you stand a solid chance of winning - and sometimes your group slaughters the enemy team instead.

Frontlines, on the other hand, is a mess. Even with it 'only' being ten wins I've not seen my team win once since I put the title on. Though I did see us win before I had the title, ironically. >_>

Not entirely sure how 'morale' works either. I'm not seeing a difference in my stats...unless I'm missing something obvious?
    I have heard morale is disabled and as for Frontlines are you queing as a freelancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I have heard morale is disabled and as for Frontlines are you queing as a freelancer?
    It's odd that they'd disable it.

And yes, I'm queuing as a freelancer - but I'm debating just sticking with Adders throughout. Longer queue times, maybe, but it seems whenever I'm not Adders, Adders win.

I love wolves den. The Feast can be chaotic but its fun, structured arena combat. Frontlines however is hot trash. its a 72 player mess where all the hardcore players picked twin adders and stuck to it so even as freelancer adders fills automatically so you get the two pvp loser factions. I plan to get the garo wins over the next 6 months and return to just pvp'ing in the fest as usual. Some might enjoy it, probably the twin adders folks, but for immortal flames? not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I love wolves den. The Feast can be chaotic but its fun, structured arena combat. Frontlines however is hot trash. its a 72 player mess where all the hardcore players picked twin adders and stuck to it so even as freelancer adders fills automatically so you get the two pvp loser factions. I plan to get the garo wins over the next 6 months and return to just pvp'ing in the fest as usual. Some might enjoy it, probably the twin adders folks, but for immortal flames? not so much.
    I still find it interesting that twin Adders are so good at pvp you would assume flames or maelstrom woukd attract the pvp type more given the whole freedom or power abd money angle of them respectively

Deleted
    You guys make me trying PVP :P But currently my agenda is to find the jobs that have most appeal to me.

Next expansion will certainly my prime time!

Don't see that happening unless they have a rebuild or were to swap to a whole new engine...which at that point, given the game's history, may as well be a whole new FF entry at that point. o.o

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Agreed... though I was going from the paradigm of a person who was fresh 60 and needed to do all the dungeons once anyway.

I also do a lot of POTD farming, although I go back and forth on which one I don't like. Sometimes I'm just as tired of POTD and dungeons feel fresh, sometimes the other way around.

POTD is a fine option. However the OP gets his tomes my advice was that you can probably just get one or two pieces ahead of the ilvl for whatever is after ARF and should be able to just plow through the rest... surviving on drops and bonus tomes to get the ilvl for the dungeon after that.