Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    My bad, I meant the amount that actually voted for him, even though, correct me if I'm wrong, he didn't even win half the voters votes?

To be fair, neither did Hilary on two fronts, but he won over half in the way that counts.

- - - Updated - - -

I won't pretend to understand how the US voting system works (cause I haven't a clue), but I do think it's crazy that he got less actual votes from the American people, and still won. :/

State's Rights is why as stated earlier in the thread.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The instant this happens, I hope the citizens of Chicago take it upon themselves to murder every federal employee within striking distance.

Just saying.
    You guys are so peaceful and tolerant. I wonder why the left lost this time around...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    < on this one, just one word : LOL. You never worked in the agricultural field huh ? If you dont own already/inherit a mega-size-cereal farm, just shoot yourself in the feet, you will cut the time and money loss. And you will keep your sanity and health too.
    Well it was somewhat meant as a joke, but also serious that it could maybe, just maybe actually help to get some work to the city. But you are right, agriculture has become a whole other business then it was 30-40 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Or something. Who the fuck knows what this guy ever is talking about really. Either way, this is a ludicrous overreach.

I assume the GOP will remind him of States' Rights immediately.
    If you lived in a place that had that many shootings wouldn't you want someone to do something about it? Trump deserves a lot of criticism, this is something I don't think is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatizm View Post
    Seems like the stemming issue is not the guns then - but the state of poverty, culture and overall education of the populace? Perhaps focus should be directed towards dealing with those matters. While limiting guns may reduce the violence - they also reduce the means of defense for those -not- committing crimes do they not? Despite gun-bans throughout much of Europe crime and violence continues to rise at similar levels in certain areas when certain factors are exacerbated (see - France).
    Is this a long way for you to say you don't have actual data to support your initial statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    He sure as fuck has exceeded expectations, but in the best possible way. He's actually done what he promised to do in his campaign. I know it's a novel concept in American politics, but he spoke on all these things.
    Clearing out the swamp must have another meaning for you than most people.

I'm curious.

If cities are such squalid hellholes under Democratic government, shouldn't it be easy for the Republicans to win elections offering alternatives?
    Hint: organized crime

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Hint: organized crime
    EDIT: That looked like a slam on all dems being connected to crime, what I mean was when a city is thoroughly under the thumb of criminal organizations the only candidates who can win are under the thumb of said criminals. This is actually a failure of the feds, btw, so "sending them in" is actually appropriate, although I doubt he meant it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

So much for "small government."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    You guys are so peaceful and tolerant. I wonder why the left lost this time around...
    Just exercising their second amendment rights against big gubmnit.

Thought you lot were into that.

I'm curious.

If cities are such squalid hellholes under Democratic government, shouldn't it be easy for the Republicans to win elections offering alternatives?

If one were to look at the "squalid hellholes" in the US they would see they have been by and large Democrat controlled for nearly a generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Well I need to break down your statement because theres a lot in there. You are below the poverty line working 40 hours even by yourself, you ARE able to provide for yourself (relatively comfortably) if you have a reasonable standard of living, by yourself.
    This is not factually true in much of the US. Not even close.

If we're going to move the goalpost and insert a family into that scenario, you're attempting to come up with an arbitrary goal since at a certain number of children no wage will be high enough, and thats generally a lifetime of poor decisions you don't want to subsidize as much as you possibly can.
    Except that, in the "good old days" that conservatives like to talk about so much, you could. I brought it up as a point of comparison, because that used to be the case.

Your second question is wonderful, but the presumption in it is that it relies upon a company employing that person to support them despite their relatively low productivity, rather than asking why the taxpayer has any obligation to those people in the first place.
    So again, you're defending the fact that as an employee, you can literally work a full 40 hour work week and still be eligible for federal aid subsidized by taxpayers. Which, conceptually, is ludicrous to the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I am confused Trump said that law and order would be restored instantly on January 20th. Can one of the Trump cultist priests explain this?
    Women and LBGTQ said they would lose their "rights" too. What has changed for them since Jan 19th?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Women and LBGTQ said they would lose their "rights" too. What has changed for them since Jan 19th?
    well, considering that he cutted the funding for clinics that even mention abortion on their counseling... a lot
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Chicago always confuses me. Given the large democrat control over the city for as long as i can remember what barriers exist that they can't change that is preventing them from dealing with the issues at hand?

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Chicago always confuses me. Given the large democrat control over the city for as long as i can remember what barriers exist that they can't change that is preventing them from dealing with the issues at hand?
    because there's systemic poverty... and most of the crime is gang related. you want to curtail it? stop the fucking war on drugs, and make a decent job enviroment for them
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It's so terrible that he wants to stop people from getting killed...
    By declaring what I assume to be Martial Law? Man, if only there was easier way to do this...

I'll see you when he announces his SCOTUS pick at the very latest, lol.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ourt/96988374/
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/24/u...rump.html?_r=0

William Pryor sounds like a lovely fella.

10+ Year Old Account
    If one were to look at the "squalid hellholes" in the US they would see they have been by and large Democrat controlled for nearly a generation.
    My question was "why haven't the Republicans offered a viable alternative".

Isn't Chicago 20th in the US for the murder rate?

At this point, I just can't take him seriously as a person of power. I mean I KNOW he is, but the way he acts, reacts, speaks, it's like a comedy sketch.
    But it isn't Comedy... its real. This isn't a fun Reality TV show, this is American Lives at stake. This is going to be a Full scale Browncoat Occupation of our Country. And the Nationalists are foaming at the mouth for it. Like bloodthirsty wolves.

This is really happening people, this isn't a bad dream this isn't some fantasy novel we read in school, this is our lives. They are destroying America and we are letting them in the name of Democracy.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.