Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    So some PP locations don't offer one type of care so clearly they're all just abortion mills? Seems like a pretty shaky argument at best.
    Refinement: What's wrong with abortion mills? There are too many people on this planet as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Many eugencists(particularly from Sanger's era) were though. Sanger was very much an idealogue who was taking her views to what she saw as the logical extreme.
    No one cares what someone who is now dead wanted to do. People care about what people alive want to do. Eugenics is not racism. It can be used by racist OR non-racist people, but it is not racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    No one cares what someone who is now dead wanted to do. People care about what people alive want to do.
    Then why did you jump into this conversation if you don't care about any of it? You can also only speak for yourself. I don't need to justify why I talk about anything or anyone to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Again, prenatal care is a made up term. It's not a medical procedure, it's a term that describes all different kinds of procedures and examinations.

Planned Parenthood giving you a physical while you are pregnant is prenatal care. Planned Parenthood checking you for STDs while pregnant is prenatal care. A cancer screening while pregnant is prenatal care.
    Prenatal care is just as much of a made up term as any other term, because all terms are made up. What's your point?

No one cares what someone who is now dead wanted to do. People care about what people alive want to do. Eugenics is not racism. It can be used by racist OR non-racist people, but it is not racism.
    Especially when Eugenics was correct. (as in the theory of the genetics)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Refinement: What's wrong with abortion mills? There are too many people on this planet as it is
    Although I wouldn't necessarily say there are too many people perse, I would say it is to the advantage of any Nation to provide a way for those least able to raise a child to "opt out" so to speak. Allowing easier access to abortion results in less money spent by the state propping up families that can't fully support themselves. Having people in low income brackets poppin' out babies they can't support is a drain on both the people and the governments involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Nothing as long as it's not done by coercion. That's the tricky part, figuring out if you are being coerced!

7+ Year Old Account
    Although I wouldn't necessarily say there are too many people perse, I would say it is to the advantage of any Nation to provide a way for those least able to raise a child to "opt out" so to speak. Allowing easier access to abortion results in less money spent by the state propping up families that can't fully support themselves. Having people in low income brackets poppin' out babies they can't support is a drain on both the people and the governments involved.
    Absolutely. Brb donating to PP

liberals being caught in lies once again. Acts like planned parenthood takes cares of baby care if you decide to keep the child...instead is proven to just be for abortions. I could care less if they stay in business, but it's time to stop being funded with my tax dollars. I don't like the idea of children being killed with my dollar.

According to many Environmentalists there are TOO many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Then why did you jump into this conversation if you don't care about any of it? You can also only speak for yourself. I don't need to justify why I talk about anything or anyone to anyone else.
    No one cares about dead people because they are dead. They can no longer do anything to alive people. If you care about dead people, no one cares if you do.

No one cares about dead people because they are dead. They can no longer do anything to alive people. If you care about dead people, no one cares if you do.
    Eh as long as you're not conflating that argument. I can care about dead people because of how or why they died. Ie, I can care about the victims of 9/11 not knowing any of them personally because of how and why they died just as easily as I can care about the people who died in all of the ISIS/Talaban videos.

Quote Originally Posted by lasheric View Post
    liberals being caught in lies once again. Acts like planned parenthood takes cares of baby care if you decide to keep the child...instead is proven to just be for abortions. I could care less if they stay in business, but it's time to stop being funded with my tax dollars. I don't like the idea of children being killed with my dollar.
    Good thing they aren't being killed with you're dollar, stupid making crap up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    According to many Environmentalists there are TOO many people.
    Well I wouldn't argue that it isn't true how we're currently laid out. The Earth could support vastly more humans than it currently does, but our real problem is lack of a global resource distribution system moreso than our population. Unfortuntely to solve that problem would really require a type of world Government. It's also made worse by the fact the West's populations tend to be declining and the rest of the worlds tend to be increasing. So some area's need more people and some need vastly less, but since they're all different countries, we can't exactly move tons of people from China into Canada, or some such.

I don't like the idea of children being killed with my dollar.
    Lot's of women's children are being killed by your "tax dollar" everytime we go to war. Until that stops, no reason to defund abortion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hypothetical: kill a fetus vs an orphan goes hungry?

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Eh as long as you're not conflating that argument. I can care about dead people because of how or why they died. Ie, I can care about the victims of 9/11 not knowing any of them personally because of how and why they died just as easily as I can care about the people who died in all of the ISIS/Talaban videos.
    They are still dead. It can't be changed. Alive people need help, not dead people.

Prenatal care is what you go to the doctor for. Not a place that hands out condoms and birth control. Its a fucking loaded question. Designed to make morons think PP lies about what they do.

I am pro-lifeish.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    Prenatal care is just as much of a made up term as any other term, because all terms are made up. What's your point?
    You don't visit a doctor and receive "prenatal care" and they complete a specific task like they do if they are giving you a defined medical examination.

Prenatal care just refers to care that is given to pregnant women as it relates to the health of the baby and mother, and encompasses a wide variety of exams, screenings and services.

Just because Planned Parenthood doesn't offer "complete prenatal care" doesn't mean they aren't offering some types of services that are considered prenatal care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

They offer more than abortions. Services like STD testing and treatment, testing and treatment for UTIs and other urogenital disease, cancer screenings, birth control, and counseling are what most PP centers offer. Even without prenatal care, this is more than pregnancy crisis centers offer, which amounts to telling you Jesus hates abortions and to talk to your pastor. Since catholic organizations are buying up hospitals, abortion and these other services are vital because hospitals with policy written by celibate theologians can and will refuse to provide them on the grounds of what they decided a magic ghost wants.

Prenatal care, however, is offered by most providers who will not claim ghosts tell them they can't monitor pregnancies. Unless you have a miscarriage.