Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Make

America

Great

Again.

The good news is, the chances of torture happening are slim to nil. The US Military, the CIA... everybody has learned their lesson the last 15 years. Nobody is going to risk their careers and their legal safety, to torture again... in no small part because decades of research by the DoD, FBI and CIA, particularly since 9/11, has illustrated
    that torture does not produce reliable information, period.

What this about?

The Trumpkins and people for this wanting to be barbarians and hurt people who would hurt them. Mostly to make themselves feel better. I mean, they rationalize it as a deterrent (it isn't) or justice (the founders made their thoughts on torture rather plain with the 8th Amendment whether or not you think it applies to terrorists). It's all bullshit. They just want to instill fear into people who cause fear. Because they think that works (it doesnt).

It's just morally bankrupt people cheer-leading inhuman barbarism because they think that, just like every other time we've acted in such a way that undermined our moral authority, we won't come to regard future times in a manner that shames us. Boy, is that a stupid bet.

I'll make this simple. Vladmir Putin is a war criminal. If Donald Trump orders the torture of any other human being and that torture (against all odds) is carried out, without a shadow of a doubt, at this point, more than a decade after Abu Ghirab, he gets to join his best friend as a war criminal.

And his future mainstream Republican and Democratic successors - and there will be them, most prosecute the perps accordingly. Period. No pardons. No second chances. No national reconciliation bullshit. Bring down the hammer.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-01-25 at 10:00 PM.

Doesn't affect me so who really cares. I dont do terrorist shit and dont look like one so I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    You know that you look like the people from the politburo when stalin launched his political witch hunt, right?
    I'm on trumps side no matter what, through thick and thin.

Deleted
    Wasn't that whole CIA torture report saying torture gives no results a clue to how retarded this is.

I guess it absolutely works when people like Ayman al-Zawahiri emerge from the gulags.

Hey its not torture.

Its Alternative Interrogation.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Hey its not torture.

Its Alternative Interrogation.
    This is utterly brilliant.

Hmm I wonder how long it takes until US citizens disappear, this could be quite troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    So it means that you're no different than the commies or the fascist that encouraged torture for shit and giggles
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

And when he crashes and burns - and he will - you go down too, sport.

You're an extremist Hooked. And you know what the problem with extremists are? They always blow themselves up, one way or another.

Because people like you... people like Trump... cannot help themselves. Remember what I've been saying: the most reliable accomplice in destroying Donald Trump and all he stands for will be Donald Trump.

Orders like this one? Exhibit A. He ties his own noose.

I feel bad for you all in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This is utterly brilliant.
    Alternative enhanced interrogation, for when facts say that id doesnt help, in our reality it does!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Hmm I wonder how long it takes until US citizens disappear, this could be quite troublesome.
    When he sends the feds to Chicago most likely.

And when he crashes and burns - and he will - you go down too, sport.

You're an extremist Hooked. And you know what the problem with extremists are? They always blow themselves up, one way or another.

Because people like you... people like Trump... cannot help themselves. Remember what I've been saying: the most reliable accomplice in destroying Donald Trump and all he stands for will be Donald Trump.

Orders like this one? Exhibit A. He ties his own noose.
    Last time I checked Trump won the presidency in an electoral landslide, maybe you are just living in a bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They're only Christian when it suits them. Like when they bitch about gay marriage or abortion.
    hopefully trump fixes some of the damage done to society by laws passed during the Obama administration along those lines.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    When he sends the feds to Chicago most likely.
    That guy is already walking on razor's edge if he does send the feds into chicago he might actually trigger civil war like circumstances, if not outright civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    hopefully trump fixes some of the damage done to society by laws passed during the Obama administration along those lines.
    Your paladin's name is rather suited for this line of thought.

Last time I checked Trump won the presidency in an electoral landslide, maybe you are just living in a bubble.
    (1) He's ranked 48th out of 55th for margin of electoral victories. That makes him towards the bottom. Not a landslide by any stretch of the imagination.

(2) You know who also won by a similar margin? Richard Nixon in 1968. And how did that work out for ol' Tricky Dicky.

If you think Trump winning the Presidency means that he, or people like you, are above being held to account... you got another thing coming.

If anything your side's problems are just beginning.

(1) He's ranked 48th out of 55th for margin of electoral victories. That makes him towards the bottom. Not a landslide by any stretch of the imagination.

(2) You know who also won by a similar margin? Richard Nixon in 1968. And how did that work out for ol' Tricky Dicky.

If you think Trump winning the Presidency means that he, or people like you, are above being held to account... you got another thing coming.

If anything your side's problems are just beginning.
    whats hilarious is that people like the guy you quoted keep bringing up the election "we won we won weon" and to "get over it" in a seemingly odd attempt to scream down people trying to talk about current issues and problems. People have already moved on from the election, but it doesn't seem the "winners" have since they keep bringing it up when people discuss problems in the here and now..

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    whats hilarious is that people like the guy you quoted keep bringing up the election "we won we won weon" and to "get over it" in a seemingly odd attempt to scream down people bringing up current issues and problems. People have already moved on from the election, but it doesn't seem the "winners" have since they keep bringing it up when people discuss problems in the here and now..
    Yep. I mean who here remembers when Clinton, Bush and Obama's problems ended the day they respectively took the oath of office? And who here remembers how immutable their legacy was after their tenures ended?

Oh wait.

You know, when you make up stupid fake news because it sounds plausible(this, MLK bust, pissgate) you lose the last shred of credibility you have.

Truth is, this isn't a document that originated from the white house, which has been confirmed by the president. :P Get a grip.