Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Entwined Elemental Foci Vs. Memento of Angerboda

So I got the 875 Entwined Elemental Foci today and I'm wondering how it compares to Memento of Angerboda in terms of frost dps and blood. I have an 870 Memento with a socket that I've been using for both specs along with an 885 Chrono Shard. It seems that the Elemental Foci is basically a memento with a 20 second buff duration instead of 8 seconds. I ran simcraft with both trinkets and according to it memento nets me about 20-25k more dps over the course of a fight. I guess I'm just wondering if the sims for the new trinkets are correct. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just check the proc values and the uptime on the Foci versus Memento. I'd assume that with a 20 second buff uptime the values would be lower than an equal item level Memento, but I'm not sure how they compare.

Has anyone posted a trinket Sim Chart yet showing the DPS rankings that includes the Nighthold trinkets?

Well, if you compare the PPM of both trinkets, the Momento sits at 1.5 PPM, while the Foci sits at 0.7 PPM for most dps classes. For some reason however, for tank classes, non-priest healers, balance druid and elemental shaman, the PPM on the Foci is halved to 0.35 PPM.

I haven't personally got the trinket so I haven't found the actual value of the stats but yes, but according to the scaling on AMR, the Momento's buffs provide more stats (Round(2.297781 * ItemBudget, 0) * ItemRatingMultiplier) compared to the Foci buffs (Round(1.969805 * ItemBudget, 0) * ItemRatingMultiplier).

So Im not sure about Frost, but for Blood the trinket procs far less and provides less stats than Momento. The only upside of it is the longer duration. I think I will be sticking with Momento unless I get a ridiculously high ilvl Foci.

Quote Originally Posted by Malka View Post
    Has anyone posted a trinket Sim Chart yet showing the DPS rankings that includes the Nighthold trinkets?
    I've been searching but haven't found one. Got the claw trinket from Skorpyon last night (870) and am trying to figure out what to use between it, Terrorbound Nexus (870) and Nature's Call (875)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerendfs View Post
    I've been searching but haven't found one. Got the claw trinket from Skorpyon last night (870) and am trying to figure out what to use between it, Terrorbound Nexus (870) and Nature's Call (875)
    I found the damage from an 870 skorpyon trinket was more damage then my 890 ursoc trinket on single target, if only the strength was close.

momento is a better progression trinket as it 100% procs on party/raid member death.

in those clutch kills (progression) where raid members are dropping your dmg just keeps going up.

There's a trinket list in the 7.1.5 guide for Unholy, which is in my signature below.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    There's a trinket list in the 7.1.5 guide for Unholy, which is in my signature below.
    But you haven't mentioned this trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Mourninglori View Post
    But you haven't mentioned this trinket
    All trinkets are included in the list

I have an 865 memento and 890 ursoc's paw. Got an 890 Foci yesterday. Decided to swap out memento cause of ~400 str. So far I'm not amazed by the procrate. It gives ~4460 of each stat iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by hoschelhoff View Post
    I have an 865 memento and 890 ursoc's paw. Got an 890 Foci yesterday. Decided to swap out memento cause of ~400 str. So far I'm not amazed by the procrate. It gives ~4460 of each stat iirc.
    It gives equal stats that of what Memento's proc would give at the same ilvl

Deleted
    It gives equal stats that of what Memento's proc would give at the same ilvl
    cant be true cuz my 885 memento proccs 5175~ stat..

So memento a foci share infernal cd right? Not worth using the both at the same time correct?

Deleted
    My 900 Foci gives me 4651 stats, will double check tomorrow. I wish it would favour my highest secondary stat (mastery), it always procs haste... Not to complain too much though, since my haste is shockingly low atm, 15%. It's getting a 5% buff though.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...op-asking-now)

Note thou. These are with the non-buffed trinkets right now. New list should be comming within the week

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Frost trinket list pas posted here (by me) the day it came out
    updated on 1-24 again

All trinkets are included in the list
    How up to date is the trinket list? Didn't seem to change at all when they announced the hotfixbuffs.

While i get convergence isn't great, I find I enjoy how well garg lines up with DT now (got shoulders). Kinda hoping it secretly bumped up near top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    How up to date is the trinket list? Didn't seem to change at all when they announced the hotfixbuffs.

While i get convergence isn't great, I find I enjoy how well garg lines up with DT now (got shoulders). Kinda hoping it secretly bumped up near top of the list.
    Until simc updates to have the changes I can't update the lists. Takes a day or two at the least to get things back up to date.

So I'm in a similar situation. Got a 875 foci when im currently running 860 Eye and 850 Chronoshard. Decided to swap the chrono for the str gain alone. Sim comparison shows chrono with a 15k dps increase still. Trinket lists show foci pretty high up for frost. im 30/20/30/2 statwise so i dont need any stat specifically. Not sure whats up, is it really that bad?