10+ Year Old Account
    @Kaelwryn, now that you're back to Au Ra girl, do you happen to have Filibuster's Hood of Healing? Saw thread on Reddit about it on Au Ra, but she had different horns. Curious how bad it looks with these horns.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yup, I'm too stingy for a 1440p screen even if my 1070 has the horsepower for it.
    Yeah, got 980 myself and been looking at other monitors, but their price usually puts thoughts in check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    1366x768. It's not great but it's the highest my Laptop supports. I wouldn't exactly say my complaints about it being cluttered are all together unfounded however :P.

It's nothing that can't be fixed, if given enough time, but during PvP isn't the best time to be fiddling with your UI. Sadly the only real options are to hide bits of it, or to scale elements of it down. Some space saving options for the party frame especially would go a long way to freeing up a ton of screen real-estate. As would being able to move the chat box, it would fit snugly into the corner there, without that extra inch or so it's indented by.

It's certainly customisable, however it's quite rigid in what it will and won't allow you to do. Like hiding TP/MP bars, for instance, or only having it display your buffs on party members. The big appeal addons have is in getting things just right for you, where the best you can hope for with the default one is good enough.

Rift still has the best out-of-the-box UI of any MMO I've ever played though, it was so flexible it made UI addons practically redundant from the word go.
    Have you tried the adjusting HUD options? You can swap everything placement even adjust items scale individually. And yes that includes alliance stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    [MENTION=536171]Yeah, got 980 myself and been looking at other monitors, but their price usually puts thoughts in check.
    Aye.
    Esp when you are busy saving for one of these.

Agreed. No one ever wants the yellow card anyway ._.

- - - Updated - - -

Oi. I always queued for Alterac to do that.
    I was told monks and dragoons like the spire

but i've never seen one hit less than half

I've seen like one warrior tank run out of tp and that's it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

but i've never seen one hit less than half

I've seen like one warrior tank run out of tp and that's it
    You use the spire when you AoE the arrow and the monk gets so hasty they burn out their TP gauge

I make it a point to throw enhanced arrows on my MNK main friend just to hear him get mad over TP starvation, it's hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yes, that's every run. You can just spam 51-60 over and over. It's what I do for weekly Scrip and how I farmed all my Lore sets for the jobs I wasn't getting Scrip gear for first. You also get 30 Poetics, which helps if you want to save them for use on weapon quests, or you can do what I do and flip them for accessories, turn in for GC seals and buy stuff like Titanium Mirrors to sell on the MB.
    Is 51-60 soloable with relative ease?

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Is 51-60 soloable with relative ease?
    I couldn't say, but just go in with a matched group. Most of the time you'll get through quickly and smoothly. Rarely you'll get some derps and hit some bad luck and wipe. But that's rare. Out of hundreds of runs, I've wiped in 51-60 maybe a dozen times? I'd say on average a full clear takes 20-25 mins, 15-20 if you're speeding(rushing to activate the Passage Cairn and beelining for it instead of getting all the chests you can).

So PSN updated and you can now preorder Stormblood on PS4 for £36.99, just the base version with the earring and RDM minion preorder rewards, no mention of the mount, bartz and RDM weapon version.

I got stormblood, kingdom hearts 1.5/2.5 and fire emblem echoes all pre ordered

pretty much set for awhile lol

- - - Updated - - -

so does amazon not give you a head start code or what?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Kaelwryn, now that you're back to Au Ra girl, do you happen to have Filibuster's Hood of Healing? Saw thread on Reddit about it on Au Ra, but she had different horns. Curious how bad it looks with these horns.
    I'm actually still a miqo'te, I took that a day or two before I switched. Sorry!

On the subject of spire (and ewer): Usually you won't need to put it on anyone but as an AST you should still be paying attention to your party's resources. Melee died recently? Throw em a spire. Huge trash pack? Give them that spire. Throw Your co-healer getting low on Mana? Throw them an ewer. BRD playing Foe Requiem? Give them the ewer so they can keep it up longer. Can even think about giivng a SMN ewer so they can throw out more ruin 3's outside of dreadwyrm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    As a DRG, I only managed to run out of TP when spamming the AoE moves.

Single target? Nothing lives long enough. Even raid bosses hop away to often, given me time to recover.

WARs are masters at burning TP, esp in low level, where spamming that cone attack is the only way of reliably holding aggro.
    @Kaelwryn: yes, after a death these cards can be useful, but peeps shouldn't die in the first place
    Last edited by Granyala; 2017-01-26 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to level everything to 30 to unlock all the jobs. So far have Nin, Brd, Whm. Grindy grindy. I wish there was an easier way of leveling when you have done all of the story quests and side quests already...it's either repeat levemetes ad nauseam or just grind fates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    As a DRG, I only managed to run out of TP when spamming the AoE moves.

Single target? Nothing lives long enough. Even raid bosses hop away to often, given me time to recover.
    Dragoons are prettty picky in regards to cards anyway. You can give us/them most of them if they use AoE (dungeon runs), otherwise, it's pretty much balance or bust.
    Even Arrow fucks up more than it helps. As DRG, TP regeneration is pretty much at a perfect equilibrium and haste will not only make timings in your rotation awkward, but also starve you out on TP. Hell, Arrow is probably the worst of them all, even for AoE/Dungeon runs where targets don't live for that long, because most of the time, they live longer than our TP bar lasts if we use AoE.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-26 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Decided to level everything to 30 to unlock all the jobs. So far have Nin, Brd, Whm. Grindy grindy. I wish there was an easier way of leveling when you have done all of the story quests and side quests already...it's either repeat levemetes ad nauseam or just grind fates.
    Hunt Log helps, and I'd run POTD, it's much faster and more fun, IMO.

Are these all your highest level jobs? Much better to focus on a single job all the way up to cap, because any jobs below it get the armory bonus for xp, which is huge. With one job at 60, everything below 50 gets double xp, while 51-60 gets a 50% boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragoon in my static seemed to always have some TP issues in A9S runs, plenty of trash packs to AoE and boss won't move anywhere. But usually it was enough that I popped TP-song after the Faust died, while boss had damage reduction up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I'm actually still a miqo'te, I took that a day or two before I switched. Sorry!
    *Throws in another Fantasia just to check how it looks.*

Make sure you complete the Hall of the Novice on at least one class too if you haven't already. It'll get you a ring for 30% extra XP below level 30. It's a pretty significant boost to your early leveling speed all things considered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt Live Stream Available for Purchase!

We’re pleased to announce that the Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt live stream is now available for purchase! Experience all of the fun from the comfort of your own home and receive the exclusive in-game bonus items!

Players looking to enjoy the Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt won’t want to miss this offer!

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...7d1038b30f0a23
    Last edited by Anzaman; 2017-01-26 at 05:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    *Throws in another Fantasia just to check how it looks.*
    I'll probably be back to Au Ra in a few days. As much I like miqo'te racial hairstyles, I'm just not feeling it. Debating on whether to go back to purple or red eyes at the moment, but once I go back I can post for screenshot for you still, if you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I'll probably be back to Au Ra in a few days. As much I like miqo'te racial hairstyles, I'm just not feeling it. Debating on whether to go back to purple or red eyes at the moment, but once I go back I can post for screenshot for you still, if you like.
    I'm on edge of going back to Au Ra as well - even tho my Miqo'te looks nice and all, it just doesn't feel as my character. It was nice energetic experience when it was new and all, but now that it's over.. it just feels off. Another officer in Free Company has been jumping between Miqo'te and Hyur for same reasons - ends up going back to cat. Not easy thing to change your character that dramatically after playing with it for years.

But feel free to throw a screenie if you can/want. Been curious about it since few days ago I saw the thread on Reddit and the hood looks somewhat nice on Miqo'te girl at least.

*Can click image to enlarge it.