Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    California has 23,000 men in the California National Guard, their army more or less. National Guard units were made to swear allegiance to the US Constitution after the US Civil war.

California has natural defenses like Mordor which is interesting, but at most California could raise 100,000 trained soldiers and a probably a million untrained militia. I give California about a week fighting against the US.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

as if Trump would just let them leave? Hahahaha.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I also like how he considers a river that naturally flows into California to be California leeching from other states.
    If Cali left the US then yes it could be interpreted as leeching water by some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    You really don't Trump won't cut off the flow of water into Southern Cali, regardless of the eco consequences?

As for rainfall and snowmelt. . . lol, after living for 20+ years in Southern Cali and always hearing we were in an almost perpetual state of drought and the only thing even partially saving us was water from the Colorado river I am pretty sure at least Southern Cali would be screwed if Trump decided to redirect or stop the floe of the river. I mean it is not like there is a huge canyon that could be used as a reservoir . . . oh wait there is.
    If he didnt want to displace thousands of Americans when that river inevitably backs up and overflows its banks, he wont. Or the river will just gradually change course, which will effect the economies of towns that sit nearby. You cannot just simply block a river and shit wont happen.

I mena seriously, that's one of the dumbest statements I've ever read.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    If he didnt want to displace thousands of Americans when that river inevitably backs up and overflows its banks, he wont. Or the river will just gradually change course, which will effect the economies of towns that sit nearby. You cannot just simply block a river and shit wont happen.

I mena seriously, that's one of the dumbest statements I've ever read.
    Not really if you acctually think about it for a moment. If it is blocked somewhere in the Grand Canyon initially you would have enough time to make changes downstream and be able to use down stream damns to retain water in the areas past it while changes are made, all while turning the flow into Cali to a trickle compared to now.

But I think this might be enough fantasizing about unrealistic shit for one night. Typing all this out with only one hand (had a freak kitchen accident last Nov. and all most cut off my left arm) takes a long time, but I figured I would jump on the bandwagon with everyone's unrealistic or hyperbolic shit. Back to watching the last 2 episodes of Girls und Panzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    People laughed at texas for wanting this under obama and now we get to laugh at california for it under trump. It will never happen.
    Difference is Trump is targeting California because he lost the popular vote and trying to impose his will on them through the federal government. To equate these two is insane. Trump is a fascist who believes he has unlimited power. This man is fucking dangerous and will get a lot of Americans killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Overall it seems like he never intended to do even one with how unprepared he was when he actually eked out a win. Even he thought he was going to lose. At this point, I don't think he cares about a second term anymore just loot before he gets the boot because the only way he could possibly get a 2nd term with this kinda start would be either the democrats throwing it again and the republicans too afraid to challenge him or his pulls a putin and cheats his way in.
    idk, i think he has a agenda. none the less its this reoccurring scenario every 4 year where 2 people sling shit at each other and we vote for one of them to lead us. even further that the candidates were even more of a joke this time around. I voted for neither but i like the unexpected and that same ole shit has gotten boring which is why i am happy he won. The way i see it is Obama did nothing more or less then the ones before him, Trump will show us what change really means no matter if its for good or as a lesson on how messed up our political system is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    Not really if you acctually think about it for a moment. If it is blocked somewhere in the Grand Canyon initially you would have enough time to make changes downstream and be able to use down stream damns to retain water in the areas past it while changes are made, all while turning the flow into Cali to a trickle compared to now.

But I think this might be enough fantasizing about unrealistic shit for one night. Typing all this out with only one hand (had a freak kitchen accident last Nov. and all most cut off my left arm) takes a long time, but I figured I would jump on the bandwagon with everyone's unrealistic or hyperbolic shit.
    You'd fuck over a lot of Arizona, considering you cant block Cali's access without blocking southern Arizona's access

it will never happen, but IF it happens, gonna ask all politic from europe to retweet and say the exact same tweet/things trump said. Just to see if he like to hear that he say to others =)

But it will never happens

EDIT : also i dont think mexico will like to have their river out too. Like, seriously.
    Last edited by telygroar; 2017-01-26 at 01:34 AM.

If CA wants to break off fine by me, Trump being the reason is irrelevant.

Fun fact - you can't leave the US peacefully, and if it isn't peacefully then you don't have the strength to leave.

When a dufus like Trump ends up at the top - it is time to FIGHT, not run away little girls.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by halflaloafofkungfu View Post
    idk, i think he has a agenda. none the less its this reoccurring scenario every 4 year where 2 people sling shit at each other and we vote for one of them to lead us. even further that the candidates were even more of a joke this time around. I voted for neither but i like the unexpected and that same ole shit has gotten boring which is why i am happy he won. The way i see it is Obama did nothing more or less then the ones before him, Trump will show us what change really means no matter if its for good or as a lesson on how messed up our political system is.
    I know he has an agenda once he won. His picks and policies already show that, let alone his first few days in. His overall agenda is to sell out the working class in this nation and their children to the highest bidder while exploding the deficit and dismantling as much of it as he can on the way out making sure it is harder to stop them after he leaves. Whether he claims this is his direction or not is beside the point but the fact of his actions show them going this way putting business and the rich above all.

I can't really say Obama did nothing either. I see him as the Janitor president. He might have been something decent but what actually ended up happening was he spent his entire presidency cleaning up Bushes mess while the republican party threw bitch fit temper tantrums trying to block him and then blaming him for Bushes mess even while they blocked him from cleaning it up.

Overall, he actually did a lot of good, it just wasn't enough good to overcome the hole Bush dug us in while Trump looks to be on track to dig that hole deeper than even Bush did.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fun fact - you can't leave the US peacefully, and if it isn't peacefully then you don't have the strength to leave.

When a dufus like Trump ends up at the top - it is time to FIGHT, not run away little girls.
    Who is going to fight Trump, all the people who are anti-gun? lol

Well last I heard they had an about face are are now buying firearms and other supplies.

Coincidence really, program on NPR tonight talking about all these rich guys from Silicon Valley are now buying up firearms, food, water, and expensive "luxury" bunkers.

So if the two states that were formerly independent are looking to leave, how about us in the other (Vermont)? We have liberalism AND guns! Maybe Canada will take us, we are famous for maple syrup after all.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Wonder how many of em used to laugh at Texas for the same thing.
    exactly this.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/01/2...trump-new-york

First Brexit now Calexit.

Would California be better of as a separate country? What would you want if you were a californian?
    Yes please, vote them off. Just make sure to cut them off of the power grid and allocate the Colorado River water to them based on shoreline length.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrinabuzz View Post
    So if the two states that were formerly independent are looking to leave, how about us in the other (Vermont)? We have liberalism AND guns! Maybe Canada will take us, we are famous for maple syrup after all.
    The guns part will make it a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Wonder how many of em used to laugh at Texas for the same thing.
    It'll be funny after all these years of threatening to do it if California of all states had more balls to actually do it.

The reason Texas gets laughed at is because Republican policies lead to worse outcomes. If several progressive US states were to just leave and either form a separate country or, even better yet, join Canada then it would be a step up and a better future for its people.

Obviously not going to happen just like Texas seceding wasn't going to happen.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    California has 23,000 men in the California National Guard, their army more or less. National Guard units were made to swear allegiance to the US Constitution after the US Civil war.

California has natural defenses like Mordor which is interesting, but at most California could raise 100,000 trained soldiers and a probably a million untrained militia. I give California about a week fighting against the US.
    About the same odds as the American rebels against the British empire. If Trump pisses off enough countries it's possible California would get the same international support that the original Americans got.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    About the same odds as the American rebels against the British empire. If Trump pisses off enough countries it's possible California would get the same international support that the original Americans got.
    Hell, he keep it up, he might piss off enough states that they try and join them. He is already the single most hated president elect in US history and working hard to dig that grave deeper.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.