The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Because you can't kill anything you are just going to drop it and they instantly broke it. There is a lot to experiment with. If you killed stuff prior to the patch you can kill stuff now.
    Not without extensive research apparently. On Carol I just stood in everything and meleed faces, I never died and other things did. Now if I get hit with anything I'm at half health and it takes me a year to kill anything. So you're right, it doesn't make sense...but it's happening. So idk. I also don't feel like any of my talents are actually selected since they don't light up. I click on them and the get the blue outline, but otherwise they don't seem to work.

I really just feel like they sent the game back to the stoneage for me and it was one of my favorite games. I will eventually read up on this, but it doesn't seem like this was ready to launch.
    BAD WOLF

One of their intended goals with the changes was to slow the game down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Not without extensive research apparently. On Carol I just stood in everything and meleed faces, I never died and other things did. Now if I get hit with anything I'm at half health and it takes me a year to kill anything. So you're right, it doesn't make sense...but it's happening. So idk. I also don't feel like any of my talents are actually selected since they don't light up. I click on them and the get the blue outline, but otherwise they don't seem to work.

I really just feel like they sent the game back to the stoneage for me and it was one of my favorite games. I will eventually read up on this, but it doesn't seem like this was ready to launch.
    I play Captain Marvel a fair bit. The passives work, it's just all slightly minor feeling. Perhaps that is what you are actually experiencing rather than passives not working.

The effect is more or less the same for many heroes. Some heroes have been improved (Rogue), some terrible (Deadpool), some meaningless (Doom), etc.

I agree that this is no improvement. But this what was on TC for the most part. That took a long time too, so I would reckon the bulk of the system changes were/are ready. It's just a lot of (IMO) bad system changes.

Reading a lot of what people are saying about the update...regretting my decision to uninstall the other week less and less now, heh. Kinda a bummer that so many folks appear to dislike the update (steam reviews are not kind since it went live), I was kinda looking forward to it : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Reading a lot of what people are saying about the update...regretting my decision to uninstall the other week less and less now, heh. Kinda a bummer that so many folks appear to dislike the update (steam reviews are not kind since it went live), I was kinda looking forward to it : /
    It's still a game where you play a lot of alts and try to zip around areas collecting loot fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's still a game where you play a lot of alts and try to zip around areas collecting loot fast.
    Yeah, that wasn't terribly appealing to me for an ARPG to begin with but I was considering giving it another go with the overhaul. Oh well, Grim Dawn and Victor Vran should keep me covered on the ARPG front for now, slowly tinkering around in both and enjoying them quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, that wasn't terribly appealing to me for an ARPG to begin with but I was considering giving it another go with the overhaul. Oh well, Grim Dawn and Victor Vran should keep me covered on the ARPG front for now, slowly tinkering around in both and enjoying them quite a bit.
    I mean you kinda do play a lot of alts in other ARPGs too. Hammerdin, Bowazon, etc; D2, Cyclone Raider, Wand Occultist; Path of Exile, Solider/Occultist, Grenade/Warlock; Grim Dawn, etc, etc.

Going fast is important in other ARPGs too; POE, Diablo, TQ, etc. You are jst speed farming stuff in POE maps the same as areas in D2 or the mega dungeon in GD.

It's not that far a stretch to just assume playing Captain America is a different class/build than Spider-Man. I get it though- it's not exactly the same as other ARPGs. Not that far off if you think about it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    One of their intended goals with the changes was to slow the game down.
    That's horribly disappointing for an ARPG. Almost against the entire nature of the genre in this era.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Because you can't kill anything you are just going to drop it and they instantly broke it. There is a lot to experiment with. If you killed stuff prior to the patch you can kill stuff now.
    kinda ...yeah.

* they toned numbers down for probably every hero.
    * your hero now functions differently, Carol is either strength energy or fighting energy ...so you have to gear properly.
    * most hero specific uniques are tuned ....artifacts are all over the place. I was replacing every arti on my jean grey because of the lack of INT on em
    * stuff hurts ...a lot....aim for about 60% mitigation ...and about 35k health, you should be fine..not face tanking but fine.
    * or just play storm and win ....because CC is king when stuff hurts ...and irresistable stun ftw :>

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4

Goodbye life.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Here is the official Q & A link: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...ga-console-q-a

Mainly for those wondering, PC and console players won't be able to play together and​ you can't transfer data back and forth.

Originally Posted by Marvel Heroes

Will there be a closed beta? When will it begin?
    • The PlayStation 4 closed beta for Marvel Heroes Omega is scheduled to begin soon. Stay tuned for more details on our PlayStation 4 closed beta schedule.
    How can I access the PS4 Closed Beta?

• Players interested in joining the PlayStation 4 closed beta for Marvel Heroes Omega can select from a variety of Founder’s Packs for sale on the PlayStation Store to secure continued closed beta access -- and can be purchased online via the [official PlayStation Store website], through the PlayStation 4 console, or on the official Marvel Heroes Omega [website]. As an added bonus to everyone who takes the time to participate, all closed beta players, regardless of whether or not they purchased a Founder’s Pack, can look forward to receiving Daredevil, the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen, for free.
    Will there be any bonuses for PlayStation Plus members?

• PlayStation Plus members can also look forward to a variety of perks during the closed beta, including a free “Man Without Fear” costume for Daredevil, discounts on in-game currency purchases, and other limited-time exclusive access to select Heroes. We will have more news regarding Xbox Live members in the near future.
    Will there be an Early Access program?

• We have plans for a PlayStation 4 Early Access program, scheduled to begin on near the end of our closed beta. Founder’s Pack purchasers and closed beta participants who purchase Gs will have access to this Early Access window.
    Will there be a character wipe for the closed beta?

• We are currently planning for a player wipe near the end of our PlayStation 4 closed beta. Player progress will be reset along with any Eternity Splinter purchases, but any Gs purchased will be returned once Marvel Heroes Omega hits open beta.
    What about the Xbox One closed beta?
    * We also have plans for an Xbox One closed beta. Keep an eye on official Marvel Heroes Omega channels for more details and dates.

How many heroes will be available at launch?

• 38 Heroes will be available at launch, including Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Storm, Deadpool, and more! Players can also collect hundreds of costumes and Heroes from their favorite Marvel Teams, including the X-Men, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and more. Iron Fist and War Machine will be exclusive to the Founder’s Pack for a 6-month period.
    What modes will be available?

• Chapters 1-9: Take the fight to Doctor Doom and the trickster god Loki in our fantastic nine-chapter story campaign.
    • Operations: In just a matter of minutes you and a group of friends can defeat super villains and foil their schemes.
    • Midtown Patrol: Defend Midtown Manhattan from the unrelenting onslaught of villains and their minions.
    • Danger Room: Enter the famous X-Men training simulator, featuring randomized missions, bosses, and hazards.
    • Legendary Missions: Once you’ve completed the story you have access to missions to acquire Legendary Marks of Odin which allows you to purchase Legendary Items.
    • Heroic, Superheroic and Cosmic trials: To get the best loot, you have to play on the harder difficulties. These trials make sure that you are truly ready to tackle those challenges.
    Why will Marvel Heroes on Console launch with less content than what Marvel Heroes on PC has now?

• By narrowing our focus and scope, the Marvel Heroes team can ensure the best possible experience on console at launch. Don’t worry, we plan regular additions and updates!
    Will my progress/characters/anything transfer over to PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

• There is no plans for any transfers to be given from PC to Console.
    What kind of support and content do you have planned for consoles?

• We have a team dedicated to bringing content onto all platforms. Our first patch on the PlayStation 4 will focus on resolving any major bugs and taking in feedback. The major patch we have planned is first is to focus on the social aspect of our game. . We will more updates for you on our forums, website, and social media in the near future.
    Will PC and console players be able to play together?

• Due to the differences from our PC version to our console versions, the ability to play across platforms is not available.
    When does Closed Beta begin for PS4? How do I gain access to the Closed Beta?

• Players can expect a Marvel Heroes Omega closed beta program before the title officially enters open beta later this spring. Expect more news and details on official Marvel Heroes Omega channels.
    Why is the PS4 release separate from the Xbox One release?

• While we like to think big at Gazillion, the fact of the matter is that we are a comparably smaller studio. Staggering our releases on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will ensure we deliver the best possible experience for players on both platforms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the other day mentioned on The Secret World thread how alot of mmos/pseudo mmos were making their way to consoles in 2017 and Marvel Heroes was more or less confirmed. Well theres that. Since i cant transfer progress im likely playing characters i havent leveld on the PC version.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was all but dead, since we'd heard nothing. Now I know they were just busy getting shit done. This is exciting. I'll probably buy the founders pack.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I thought this was all but dead, since we'd heard nothing. Now I know they were just busy getting shit done. This is exciting. I'll probably buy the founders pack.
    Oh I know I will lol, first character I'm buying is Deadpool

Loved playing him on PC.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Downloading the Deadpool early access pack for Ps4 right now, Can't wait to play

Think I might buy into the closed beta as well. Pretty decent ARPG for what it is. Thought at first it was some other thing. Although tbh Open Beta later this spring. Could easily be just a month away.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-21 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Think I might buy into the closed beta as well. Pretty decent ARPG for what it is. Thought at first it was some other thing. Although tbh Open Beta later this spring. Could easily be just a month away.
    True but ill pay for Deadpool anyway so its whatever

Loved it back in the day (played it in early alpha and release). I think its fucken insane how much the other bundles cost and how much they all cost total.

Getting them all gives you timed exclusive access to Iron Fist.

Can you still unlock all heroes via just playing the game and collecting mats to do it?

I'm stoked for everyone getting this on PS4. I'm well over 1k hours on the PC and it's probably one of my favorite ARPGS.

What I'm not stoked about is PC basically getting scraps from the console development.

Even our weekly post was just about the console.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Can you still unlock all heroes via just playing the game and collecting mats to do it?
    On PC, yes. I've not caught onto if the splinters are making it into Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    On PC, yes. I've not caught onto if the splinters are making it into Omega.
    Cool beans thx.

I just won a beta code on one of the devs streams and I'm downloading it currently. I have about 600 hours on the PC version and more money spent than I'd like to admit, I was pretty jaded when I saw it was coming to PS4 since I knew PC might end up taking the backseat, but games like these are usually pretty decent on consoles for couch play, so I'm pretty excited and unlike a lot of people, I don't mind starting over and diving head first into a new version if it's fun.