Enhanced Pyrotechnics works exactly like the tooltip says it does. If you don't crit, you get a stack. When you do crit, the buff is removed. Unlike Wax and Wane, it doesn't say it only affects the next Fireball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Wording aside, are you really sure that's the intended mechanic? It's fair to say, if it couldn't stack, it would be a special kind of garbage.
    Well, it's the mechanic the tooltip says it is supposed to have. Now, why they would ever consider that a sensible idea i have no clue. Both because it is way to weak to be usefull, and because it is completely silly to have a stackable buff that cannot possibly be stacked. Thus my suggestion that it only makes sense if it can stack off DoT ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    When you do crit, the buff is removed. Unlike Wax and Wane, it doesn't say it only affects the next Fireball.
    But it does only affect the next one. You either get a crit and lose the buffs or you don't get a crit and get a new stack of the buff. Wax and Wane will likely be the exact same, you either Moonfire and get a new stack, or you don't and the duration runs out.

You still don't seem to understand that the buff is applied after the damage, so yes it only affects the next cast of Moonfire. The tooltip is correct, what you're wrong about is losing the stacks because that makes no sense.

e:
    Moonfire does 100 damage, no stacks

Cast Moonfire
    Target takes 100 damage
    Gain stack of Wax and Wane X1

Cast Moonfire
    Target Takes 105 Damage
    Gain stack of Wax and Wane X2

Cast Moonfire
    Target takes 110 damage (maybe)
    Gain stack of Wax and Wane X3

AFK for a bit
    Lose stacks
    Cast Moonfire
    Target takes 100 damage
    Gain stack of Wax and Wane X1
    Last edited by Matchu; 2017-01-25 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Just want to bring up this point as someone who exclusively plays Memekin on NH atm: I don't see how actively AoEing mobs that need to die is "padding". Are you saying doing my role of AoEing scorpions is "padding"? Is doing Starfall's cleave on 2-3 targets (e.g., Botanist) considered Padding? Last Phase Star Augur, AoEing the small adds, the big add, and the boss all together, is that "padding"?

I think you need to redefine your definition of that word because you're not using it correctly. Padding would be using Starfall on Phase 3 Xavius, pulling more scorpions on Skorpyron (for the sake of padding), or similar instances.
    Yes. 100%. Starfalling only on Mythic Bot is not good because you have PRIORITY targets with the adds and the orbs. Same with Star Augur, you really gonna starfall the whole fight when its a single target fight for 70% of the time? And when the big add does come up, youre supposed to focus it down. Doing 50/50 damage to boss and add is not effective dps. That is 100% padding.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, it's the mechanic the tooltip says it is supposed to have. Now, why they would ever consider that a sensible idea i have no clue. Both because it is way to weak to be usefull, and because it is completely silly to have a stackable buff that cannot possibly be stacked. Thus my suggestion that it only makes sense if it can stack off DoT ticks.
    That's an interesting take on it.

In which case, we'll be done DOT'ing by the time the stacks would be beneficial. (With 30% Haste, it takes 1.50sec for the first tick...meaning on two-targets you literally would not benefit until you refresh.) Fair to say it's still pretty awful no matter how the potential mechanics work on it.
    Last edited by Cyous; 2017-01-25 at 06:19 PM.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

So, basically we are talking about a new kind-of "vanilla-mage" Scorch spell?

A stackable debuff that increases a % of dmg that you refresh as part of the rotation?

I rarely post on the forums but I felt the need to about this;

Can people please stop the back and forth complaints about individuals - report toxic posts and message moderators if needed, but can we all try to keep this thread in relation to the topic. It's a ridiculously helpful thread to a lot of people and we're starting to have to skip more and more posts every day to get to the 'real' content.

If one person is causing issue, we can ignore them but if you continually reply to them, you'll begin to get ignored too as you're just adding to the problem.

Keep it relevant, keep up the great work done so far, and enjoy lazoring! =)

*goes back into hiding*

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    But it does only affect the next one.
    Incorrect. It affects all spells until you get a critical hit. You do not lose the buff until that happens, you die, or it runs out after 15 seconds of not casting Fireball. You do not lose existing stacks on a crit, you only get an additional one.

You're also contradicting yourself on your Moonfire example. You say it only affects the next cast, then show an example where it affects all following casts. Next cast means the next spell you cast, and only that spell. Next cast doesn't mean "not this one".

Note that i don't disagree on this not making much sense. I never claimed that this mechanic is a good idea.

What is the deal with the January 25th hotfixes to Soul of the Forest?

Soul of the Forest will maintain its damage increase at 1, 2, and 3 stacks of Lunar and Solar Empowerments.
    Was it not giving us the buff at stacks greater than 1? Or was it giving us a buff larger than 20% per stack?

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post

Was it not giving us the buff at stacks greater than 1? Or was it giving us a buff larger than 20% per stack?
    Not sure. Not that it matters since most people only used SF anyways unless they had bracers

It was reportedly giving less % increase the more stacks you got.

10+ Year Old Account

It was reducing the empowerment damage per stack (first did mastery + 20%, second stack did roughly 10% less, third stack about 17% less).

Starsurge is everyone's main AP spender even on ST with cleave build, so it affected all SotF users.

It's also an indirect buff for ED users when surgeweaving with cleave build.

Idk about that. All the top ranking memekins never cast 1 SS unless they have bracers. I thought the basis is dot, wrath, and SF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Idk about that. All the top ranking memekins never cast 1 SS unless they have bracers. I thought the basis is dot, wrath, and SF
    I go into it in a bit of detail here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post44248468

Basically it may be a combination of it being very close and not discernible in-game with no ED and no 2pc/4pc, but certainly once you have 4pc T19 you will absolutely Starsurge on ST with cleave build.

Hi, just a quick question. Why is wrath suggested as filler and not lunar strike? I thought LS was better on a multitarget fight. And if its very close, will the fact that i have a ls-relic tip the scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Rohgraht View Post
    Hi, just a quick question. Why is wrath suggested as filler and not lunar strike? I thought LS was better on a multitarget fight. And if its very close, will the fact that i have a ls-relic tip the scale?
    Wrath is ST filler, LS is Cleave filler.

Main point to note is that LS cleave is only 5 yards, so targets have to be very closely packed for it to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it hard to get 30+% Haste (after 4 pieces of tier set) with only Heroic raiding and M+?
    I've been healing and dps-ing EoA weekly for that Band of Fused Coral, but no luck so far. What other sources for more hastes should I be looking at?
    This list is old, but I think the ring from EoA is still very good if I lack haste (24% currently).
    Last edited by Bugg; 2017-01-30 at 07:05 PM.

Having trouble surge weaving with Metronome and Whispers. Does anyone have a WA specifically for the ED rotation with these two trinkets?
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Having trouble surge weaving with Metronome and Whispers. Does anyone have a WA specifically for the ED rotation with these two trinkets?
    When Whispers proc just do your bloodlust rotation, like SS - SW - LS - SS or if you have enough haste (I'd say about 32% + couple stacks of Metronome) do SSx2 - LSx2. You can also squeeze Full Moon between surges.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    When Whispers proc just do your bloodlust rotation, like SS - SW - LS - SS or if you have enough haste (I'd say about 32% + couple stacks of Metronome) do SSx2 - LSx2. You can also squeeze Full Moon between surges.
    Does either of those trinkets slow down/speed up the duration of ED? or are those just boss mechanics that can do that