Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Only if you completely disregard EVERYTHING else. You clearly did not read the definitions I provided. What does the first one say? And the second? And the third? And the fourth?

I'm guessing you haven't actually read Marx at all.

Nice try.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-01-26 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    =Non-GOP states

- - - Updated - - -

INCREDIBLY bold statement. I'm thinking in 2017 this is a bit of an exaggeration.
    Considering they have polls still that show from the Southern states primarily, that 20 something percent say that slavery was a good thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Considering they have polls still that show from the Southern states primarily, that 20 something percent say that slavery was a good thing.
    I was living in a bubble where I thought we, as a species, was moving forward.

You have popped my bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    I was living in a bubble where I thought we, as a species, was moving forward.

You have popped my bubble.
    Sorry, had to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Times like this I'm happy I live in my liberal Massachusetts where we have the very thing the ACA was based on. Granted, I have private insurance through work, but still.
    As someone who used to live in Massachusetts. I had trouble finding full time work since no local business wanted to pay out for health insurance. Likewise could not make a living wage for largely the same reason.

Did you live in Eastern or Western Massachusetts? Because its been a long standing problem that West Mass tends to pay for things in Eastern Mass. So Massachusetts is great! So long as you're living in the half being paid for by the other half.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I would like to see these polls, who conducted them, where they were conducted, and how many people they spoke with.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2017-01-26 at 03:36 AM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    As someone who used to live in Massachusetts. I had trouble finding full time work since no local business wanted to pay out for health insurance. Likewise could not make a living wage for largely the same reason.

Did you live in Eastern or Western Massachusetts? Because its been a long standing problem that West Mass tends to pay for things in Eastern Mass. So Massachusetts is great! So long as you're living in the half being paid for by the other half.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to see these polls, who conducted them, where they were conducted, and how many people they spoke with.
    http://time.com/4236640/donald-trump-racist-supporters/

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you spent time in the South? Like, the deep South? You should visit sometime.

It's a different world down there, you'll have people openly state things like "I don't like Obama because he's black." Or because he's mixed. On camera.

Admittedly you'll find people like this in all 50 states but generally they are far less open about it and really I would say culture can be a contributing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And this part right here is what separates you and people like you from the those you mentioned previously. Having nothing sucks...having nothing and then having a catastrophe is downright disastrous. I recall an article saying 60% of people in New York are a paycheck away from homelessness. You realize that even in a good situation bad things can happen...bad things that can effect people who've done all the right things. Why some people think that they're somehow immune from a medical emergency that can damn near put them in bankruptcy is beyond me.
    Red states feel this pushes people to be extra careful in their jobs where as if you give them access to healthcare whenever they want it, they will become careless in their jobs and more accidents will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Red states feel this pushes people to be extra careful in their jobs where as if you give them access to healthcare whenever they want it, they will become careless in their jobs and more accidents will happen.
    "Oh boy! I got healthcare! I can cut my finger off now! Yay!"

Deleted
    I got the best plan, a tremendous plan. We're gonna do nothing at all.

Obamacare will fall under its own weight and it will be the blue states who will take the fall for it if they vote to keep it. The ACA is unsustainable, insurance companies don't want anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    "Oh boy! I got healthcare! I can cut my finger off now! Yay!"
    Well, why else would they deny people healthcare? No one said the red states are particularly smart. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    States can elect to keep Obamacare under the proposed plan.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/23/politi...eal/index.html

I like it. If states are given the autonomy to elect to keep Obamacare in its entirety (including current levels of expanded Medicaid funding), then I see no reason for Democrats to object to the plan.

What do you think?
    I always kind of figured that Federal Health Plans were supposed to be federal. But I'm weird like that.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Well, why else would they deny people healthcare? No one said the red states are particularly smart. =P
    That's true. They ran their own economies into the ground and still vote red.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    That's true. They ran their own economies into the ground and still vote red.
    Its kinda like those liberals in NY, NJ & CT who vote in Democrats for the great social programs then move south to NC, SC, GA and FL to escape the high taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Seems Rand Paul came up with some BS ''plan'' himself
    Trump promised better coverage for less money. Therefore, Rand Paul's idea will be dismissed out of hand, as it is neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump promised better coverage for less money. Therefore, Rand Paul's idea will be dismissed out of hand, as it is neither.
    Only way possible is to keep the ACA + doubling down on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Only way possible is to keep the ACA + doubling down on it.
    I honestly don't know how Trump thinks he will make something that's better than the ACA, cover more people, and cost less.

I know for a fact the GOP doesn't know how, either, because the best they came up with -- that which began this thread -- isn't anywhere close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I honestly don't know how Trump thinks he will make something that's better than the ACA, cover more people, and cost less.

I know for a fact the GOP doesn't know how, either, because the best they came up with -- that which began this thread -- isn't anywhere close to that.
    Single payer....you know a communist takeover

So, after all the bitching and complaining, they are just going to turn the problem over to the states, and not actually fix anything.

Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.