Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If the guild is still trying to "recruit" for mythic, then cutting edge is very difficult.

I would jump ship.

u can make a alt char and still help them out on their heroic raids (thats like 2 hours a week max?), and go progress with your main? thats whas people in your situation often do.

And i dont know if u have an idea what mythic progress guilds expect from their guys, its insane (stuff like heaving 5 chars eqipped and farmed up, only to be able to even apply). Raiding 5 -7 hours at 7 days aint fun for a long time. If u find a casual 2 day 6 hours / week guild that clears mythic at some point in time, and have some decent logs, they will accept you, and you can still do heroic raids with your mates.

Here's my whole thought on it and why it might be different than most. Lets say its like your guild... they do heroic and pretty much have it on farm now. You want to do mythic but the guild doesn't want to or doesn't have the numbers to do it. Two things... is everyone in the raid group decked out in full heroic gear from the raid or is it just you and maybe a select few. This is where my opinion differs from most... if you are in a guild and a raid team... its is the guild and raid team that gets put first. You might be decked out in complete heroic raiding gear but if there's a few in the team that aren't then the team isn't complete. Too many people play this game and only think about their character, their progression. Its a MMO where you play with groups of people to do things that require a group... most people join a guild and get all the stuff they need and then up and leave cuz the guild isn't doing heroic or mythic do to a few more still missing out on the gear needed to be compatible with that next level of raiding. Have you become good friends with those in the guild you're currently in? What's valued more... getting better gear/having a harder challenge while raiding or when you log on actually having fun talking with those you play with and helping improve those that still need it. For me its enjoying those I play with and helping to improve those that need it. I've always put the guild first over my own characters, everything from putting enchants in guild bank, running LFR on alts to get runes for gbank, crafting gear, gems, etc and if a piece of gear drops that would be a minor upgrade for me but a better one for someone else, then give it to them. Or do I join some guild where the only talking I do with people is during raid night and once raid is done go and do my own thing. It is a social game, a team game with individual improvements sought as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Here's my whole thought on it and why it might be different than most. Lets say its like your guild... they do heroic and pretty much have it on farm now. You want to do mythic but the guild doesn't want to or doesn't have the numbers to do it. Two things... is everyone in the raid group decked out in full heroic gear from the raid or is it just you and maybe a select few. This is where my opinion differs from most... if you are in a guild and a raid team... its is the guild and raid team that gets put first. You might be decked out in complete heroic raiding gear but if there's a few in the team that aren't then the team isn't complete. Too many people play this game and only think about their character, their progression. Its a MMO where you play with groups of people to do things that require a group... most people join a guild and get all the stuff they need and then up and leave cuz the guild isn't doing heroic or mythic do to a few more still missing out on the gear needed to be compatible with that next level of raiding. Have you become good friends with those in the guild you're currently in? What's valued more... getting better gear/having a harder challenge while raiding or when you log on actually having fun talking with those you play with and helping improve those that still need it. For me its enjoying those I play with and helping to improve those that need it. I've always put the guild first over my own characters, everything from putting enchants in guild bank, running LFR on alts to get runes for gbank, crafting gear, gems, etc and if a piece of gear drops that would be a minor upgrade for me but a better one for someone else, then give it to them. Or do I join some guild where the only talking I do with people is during raid night and once raid is done go and do my own thing. It is a social game, a team game with individual improvements sought as well.
    So much bullsh.. in one post I don't even know where to begin

7+ Year Old Account
    Time to move on. The people in your current guild that are true friends will understand, the rest aren't worth your time.

You've known these people for 3 months, they have no attachment to you and you likely have none to them. Say thanks and leave to do your own thing.. Are you so incapable of making decisions for yourself that you must start a thread here to discuss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    u can make a alt char and still help them out on their heroic raids (thats like 2 hours a week max?), and go progress with your main? thats whas people in your situation often do.

And i dont know if u have an idea what mythic progress guilds expect from their guys, its insane (stuff like heaving 5 chars eqipped and farmed up, only to be able to even apply). Raiding 5 -7 hours at 7 days aint fun for a long time. If u find a casual 2 day 6 hours / week guild that clears mythic at some point in time, and have some decent logs, they will accept you, and you can still do heroic raids with your mates.
    This is very untrue, mythic raiding is far from as taxing as this scenario unless you're in the world race.

I ran a 2 day a week guild 6 hours a week, US 140th and cleared content well before the next tier, people required to play 1 class and just know how to play it and research the fights/read forums before hand due to such a small raiding schedule.
    Most guilds I've been in even better are the same but adding in an extra day, most mythic guilds are only a 3 day a week deal.

Not really sure why half the people here seem so negative towards moving on to something you prefer. If you haven't done mythic and aren't applying to a top 200 guild, there's a 0% chance of them doing split runs. Even in the 100-200 range there aren't nearly as many as in the top 100. It's a non-issue that you won't have to think about and any self-respecting guild that does raid beyond their times or do split runs will say so on their WoWprogress page/website.

The only thing you can do to ensure a good atmosphere is to see if the guild has kill videos with commentary or a public forum. Beyond that, there's nothing you realistically can do to ensure an environment you desire. Just apply to a guild with good hours/days for your liking and hope for the best. If it doesn't work out or you have a bad feeling, app to a new guild. Don't be "that guy" who jumps guilds as soon as he hits a new milestone (new boss kill, new item drop) though. Eventually it'll bite you in the ass.

You'll be fine. Mythic raiders are the same as heroic raiders, but more dedicated and they put more time into planning/executing the raid. You likely only have to watch a few more videos and be able to listen to your raid leader and not be a spastic. If you can do heroic effortlessly, you can do mythic just fine, but don't expect any top ranks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    This is very untrue, mythic raiding is far from as taxing as this scenario unless you're in the world race.

I ran a 2 day a week guild 6 hours a week, US 140th and cleared content well before the next tier, people required to play 1 class and just know how to play it and research the fights/read forums before hand due to such a small raiding schedule.
    Most guilds I've been in even better are the same but adding in an extra day, most mythic guilds are only a 3 day a week deal.
    well op clearly stated he wanted to do progress raiding? but nvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Oh really? where's the bullsh..... the fact that I think that the game is a social game. Sorry but I do, I enjoy the guild I'm in even though we've lost a bunch lately and had to reform our raid team to try and get back to where we were. I've made plenty of friends in it and consider getting the whole team better than just my character. If you consider that crap than sorry for you.

well op clearly stated he wanted to do progress raiding? but nvm.
    Progress raiding and racing for World top 10 are two different things, though. Majority of guilds that progresses mythic raids and eventually clear them after few weeks to a month or two (or slightly later) don't ask as much as you thought.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-01-26 at 09:08 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Guilds aren't going to change to accommodate one player, no matter how good that one player is. Changes within guilds tend to come overtime as players themselves change - most attempts at forcing it through to achieve some new goal don't often work.

It means if your guild isn't what you want anymore, you pretty much have to leave. I run the raid team in a guild that raids mythic, but in a very casual manner, we keep a larger roster so people can drift in and out, we can often have raid nights in which we have less than 20 pulls in our 3 hour raiding window because we talk a lot and such. From time to time there are people who want a much more hardcore feel, just assuming (despite the great lengths I go to in order to stress just how casual we are) that because we raid mythic we are automatically more hardcore than their old heroic guild etc. Some people adjust their mindset, others realise that 20+ others can't change their mindset just for them and so they need to find somewhere more fitting.

It happens at all levels in a guild though, I always have to try and keep my finger on the pulse because if the majority of members are wanting something more hardcore, something more serious, then its actually me as the raid leader who needs to move aside. I can't commit to it, or rather, I don't want to impose the requirements of it on my life. Just being honest with the situation is, and not being afraid to leave people behind, is the best thing for anyones own enjoyment in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've only been with them for 3 months, leave for a Mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Oh really? where's the bullsh..... the fact that I think that the game is a social game. Sorry but I do, I enjoy the guild I'm in even though we've lost a bunch lately and had to reform our raid team to try and get back to where we were. I've made plenty of friends in it and consider getting the whole team better than just my character. If you consider that crap than sorry for you.
    The bullshit part was that you pretty much said:
    low progress guild = 100% social, nice friendship relations
    high progress guild = 0% social, 0 friendship relations

which is a bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Progress raiding and racing for World top 10 are two different things, though. Majority of guilds that progresses mythic raids and eventually clear them after few weeks to a month or two (or slightly later) don't ask as much as you thought.
    progress raid means server first, world top 50 or guild will disband.

casual myth raid = top 500 with max 3 days, but this isnt progress raiding, this is a casual guild that clears content a month or so after it was cleared first.

Bring an alt to the guild and tell everyone I love this guild so much that I always will keep my alts here.
    It's a played out method, but helps soften the tension.

progress raid means server first, world top 50 or guild will disband.
    Either you are trolling (which I believe you are), or you have a very different definition of progress raiding than most people. Progression raiding means just that - progressing in raid, kill bosses before next content available. Otherwise, according to you, then, what would a guild in World top 50 to, say, 200 be? So, don't we progress in raid? Majority of those guilds - mine, for example - don't have as many requirements as you listed: currently raiding 3 days / 10 hours per week, no specific alt required, clearing things without problem before next major patch - we do have extended raid schedule (extra day(s) and extra hours) during first two weeks of each tier to ensure we have a good start, though, but that's about it.

(And yes, you can be in World top 50, 100, 150, 200 or even lower and still be realm first. I just took a quick look down the list in US realms and found a number of those)
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-01-26 at 10:57 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

The bullshit part was that you pretty much said:
    low progress guild = 100% social, nice friendship relations
    high progress guild = 0% social, 0 friendship relations

which is a bullshit
    Where did I give 100% social or not social. I said the guilds i've been in are more social. OR that is what I look for. Then there are also plenty that join guilds and get what they want and then leave when the guild isn't as "progressed" as they are. I've been in guilds that consider themselves progression guilds. They have little "groups" within the group that always do stuff together than the rest are left alone until its raid night. Or hell even the guild I'm currently in... we started late in Legion because a lot have real life issues going on. We then finally got into Raiding as a guild this expansion about a month after EN opened up. We finally cleared norm and had it on farm, were doing Heroic and had downed it all up to Xavius. We haven't even tried him when our #1 tank, #1 healer and top 3 dps all decide to leave the guild because even though they said they were happy with us almost having it down decided to join a different guild that was bigger and further along than us. I joined the guild right before HFC opened, they have been together for years before that and then instead of at least bringing in people to replace them they up and leave so they can be better.. screw the guild and the other half of the raid team, they wanted theirs and got it. Hell the GL didn't even give the guild to one of us that stayed but gave it to his alt that he rarely plays. So we're stuck having to reform a raid, have very few that can invite new people to the guild, no one that can change or update the message and are basically having to start from scratch because these great "social" leaders and players decided to screw over half of their team. SO sorry but i've seen more bullshit from high-medium progress guilds than guilds that raid just for fun. Those of us that are left do stuff together, we don't only invite the "elite" of the elite, etc. Every day the few of us are on its talking, planning, helping. When those "elites" were on, they talked amongst themselves, did stuff only with their group, if they were missing a player for mythic +, rather than invite some of the lower tier end raiders in the guild they'd grab their friends from other guilds that they know were up there with them. Then turn around and complain when some dps in the raid group weren't on par with them, yet never helped them get better. True you could just queue for mythic +'s on your own but why not do it with the people that you raid with....

Deleted
    Obviously if you want more out of the game, you should look for a guild that can give it to you. That's fair play. Nobody is going to begrudge you for it, especially if it's a guild that has no intention of doing Mythic difficulty. You didn't use your current guild. It happens all the time - people want something different or they're no longer happy or they just want something that their current guild cannot provide. Leaving a heroic guild for a Mythic guild does not make you an asshole. Just leave in a graceful manner and be honest about why you're leaving and people will be OK with it. You might get a couple of jerks making comments but don't worry about that.

Plus if you've only been in it for a couple of months, it's even less of an issue. I mean if you'd been in that guild for years on end I'd say you need to put more thought into how you'll leave if you care about keeping ties with that guild or remaining in their community on a social level, but if you've only been there for a short time it's not a big deal in my opinion.

You should probably begin from stating a post with no paragraphs is completely unreadable... Is that what they call verbal diarrhea? (I mean the guy you quoted ofc).

Anyway as referring to the "all for the guild" mentality there is only so much boosting for free one can stomach when realizing skill wise some people are just "dead weights" as described.

I was in such a guild back in WOTLK, I was a healer trying to bust my ass off to keep people alive who insisted on standing in the fire while doing so low dps we were hitting enrage timers. After half a year or so I just couldn't take it anymore and went to talk with the officers about the people who literally deny us the kills by being, well, find some diplomatic description of "useless". The officers replied "we're a casual guild, we want to raid with our friends, we won't judge people based on performance". I replied: "then I will go somewhere where performance matters", and I left, they might have been butthurt about it, but I follow that rule since then and it works for me.

1 caveat though: when performance matters, you need to find people with similar performance to yours. For example I know myself I'm not world top raider material and I don't try to squeeze myself into world top 100 guilds only to cause mutual disappointment in the end. I don't enjoy boosting others but neither would I enjoy reverse situation, feeling I'm the one being boosted because everyone around outskills me by a mile.

If you didn't step into mythic and are considering it, sure, go for it. Just start from the middle of the pack mythic guilds instead of insta applying to server top 5 (assuming a healthy pop server not one with 5 mythic guilds total). Trying to make a big leap might fail, but making a small step will probably be a success.

And you won't know if you like / dislike mythic raiding if you never try.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Yea, I get the be careful what you wish for I would be trying to join a semi-hardcore which would be 2 day 3-4hr a night so 6-8hrs a week, but with a solid progression mentality. I'm not super hardcore, but want something that would challenge me and a 2 night mythic guild would be perfect fit for me. I'm not looking for that 3-4 day type of hardcore progression, but that slow and steady that makes progress every week or 2.
    First of all, 3-4 days a week is not hardcore, it's a standard. 2 and less is rare, and really low amount. More than 4 is usually in the hardcore territory involving split runs and raiding on alts.

Second, you don't measure how "hardcore" and "progression oriented" is a guild based solely on the amount of raid days. There are hardcore progression oriented 2-day a week raiding guilds (albeit rare), and there are guilds with 4 raids a week where progression is slow and people make a lot of mistakes so they basically try to bruteforce encounters more than "progress" through them.

What I was doing when looking for a suitable guild is check wowprogress and check when did a guild kill specific milestone bosses. Atm it would be things like completing mythic Emerald Nightmare or killing mythic Odyn or Guarm (as mythic Helya was basically only killed by hardcore guilds). Early dates of first kills mean more hardcore and going for kills asap, slower kills mean the guild often needed more gear or nerfs to overcome the content therefore don't expect them to be too hardcore.

And never check the self applied label, atm 90% of the guilds will label themselves as "semi-hardcore", that label is meaningless.