Thread: Sha of Anger

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So, I was just trying to get a Sha kill on my lvl 100 paladin.

There was nobody else in the zone and nobody was joining the group I made except for hoppers. I decided to wait next to it for a lvl 110 to come along and kill it.

After 10 minutes of camping, an alliance monk finally showed up, and, I kid you not, destroyed Sha in two shots, before I even realized it was being attacked. This is beyond insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Fixed spawn point is the ideal solution right now, but perhaps they should consider future problems too. With our exponential power increase, in a couple of years these world bosses will die from 2 or 3 hits even from low geared players. If we get to this point, even people who camp on the spot will be missing tags.
    They could make MoP world bosses stay at 1 HP for 30 seconds and give their "final speech" or something. But I highly doubt stuff like this will get much attention any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Sha only has 8 million health. I crit for 1.5m today, imagine how fast he'll die a year from now when we're all dealing double or triple the DPS.

Really, two things need to be done.

1) Scale health by number of players attacking, same as all Legion bosses
    2) Change Sha to always spawn in the same location so people have a chance to get their tag in

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Sha only has 8 million health. I crit for 1.5m today, imagine how fast he'll die a year from now when we're all dealing double or triple the DPS.

2) Change Sha to always spawn in the same location so people have a chance to get their tag in
    #1 was done when Sha was introduced (the mechanic of HP scalling is from MoP and world bosses where first to use it afaik) its just that the mob has 8M hp base (when no one attacks it) and scaling doesnt do much. If they wou;d increase base Hp we would come to 2 new problems:
    1. lvl 90 ppl cannot kill the boss (unless HUGE - like 40 man - groups [more then needed when current for sure])
    2. lvl 110 ppl start complaining they cant kill it solo before mind control again - OMG BROKEN BLZ FIX PLOX

Mob hp is good as it is, spawn point should be normalized to one (or not able to engage for like 20-30 secs) - this is only fix we should advocate IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I kill it with a single ray of frost. How am i supposed to tag it if one ability kills it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I have 310 on all my characters and even I sometimes miss it.

Really its a community issue people with small dongs have to compensate somehow.

I just tag it and wait I know how annoying it can be to miss it once or twice.
    Pretty funny how you turned your entitlement into a small dong issue. Suck it up and deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am further reducing the spawn timer is the way to go. Not just for Sha, but for all the world bosses. It needs to be brought down to 1 minute (yes, I'm serious).

20 minutes seemed absolutely fine in WoD, but we are inexorably heading towards one-shot territory, which will be a huge problem even if people camp the exact spawn spot, as the first player or three to tag will immediately kill the boss. It's gonna be the same issue as the Kosumoth orbs and every quest objective with a "long" respawn and a queue of players waiting endlessly for their turn.

Changing the spawn time shouldn't require too much dev time. Ofc, there's also the option of making them scale to 90+ and basically require a full raid to take down regardless of level cap, but I think that goes beyond the scope of what collectors want/expect from these bosses and it would ultimately not be fun to do just for a 1 in 2k mount. As much as I'd like fighting them with a raid maybe once or a couple times a year, from a collector perspective I think it would have horrible consequences (one of which being a need to do it on reset day if you want to get it on your alts, since it would be unlikely to find that many groups later on).

So, I was just trying to get a Sha kill on my lvl 100 paladin.

There was nobody else in the zone and nobody was joining the group I made except for hoppers. I decided to wait next to it for a lvl 110 to come along and kill it.

After 10 minutes of camping, an alliance monk finally showed up, and, I kid you not, destroyed Sha in two shots, before I even realized it was being attacked. This is beyond insane.
    Yes, I have a feeling 110s will do ANYTHING to prevent 100s or around that level from tagging, using all cds, potions, bl is to be expected, however 2-shot seems really weird.

I've seen monks while farming oondasta, they're fast, but I can't believe 3,5 mil in 1 global, let's say it took him 10 sec, more realistic.

Onto your last post, I agree, when galleon and oonda were fixed from 2h to 15 min respawn, I said I was happy of it, but that it was a band aid fix (remember it was done during legion pre patch, quite late) at that point, a fix would've been 1 min.

I capped sha and the other 2 and only need oonda now, but definitely I agree with 1 min respawn on all, would people get annoyed if they missed sha and in 1 min it's up again? Doubt it!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post

I agree on option #2 and faster spawn timer.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Yes, I have a feeling 110s will do ANYTHING to prevent 100s or around that level from tagging, using all cds, potions, bl is to be expected, however 2-shot seems really weird.

I've seen monks while farming oondasta, they're fast, but I can't believe 3,5 mil in 1 global, let's say it took him 10 sec, more realistic.

Onto your last post, I agree, when galleon and oonda were fixed from 2h to 15 min respawn, I said I was happy of it, but that it was a band aid fix (remember it was done during legion pre patch, quite late) at that point, a fix would've been 1 min.

I capped sha and the other 2 and only need oonda now, but definitely I agree with 1 min respawn on all, would people get annoyed if they missed sha and in 1 min it's up again? Doubt it!
    I think their original mistake was to make the drop rate this low. There was a time in WoD when they could have increased it, and I advocated that myself, but the ship has sailed on that, too many people punched in the hundreds and thousands of kills and paid millions for them on the BMAH.

I wish they would realize any cool reward is basically an incentive to engage in the gameplay that leads to it, not just a legendary rare drop for the sake of playing world building with the playerbase. Is there a reward? Make sure the gameplay is decent.

Sorry, it's what you've signed up for trying to farm the mount. It's the unfortunate reality in farming rare spawns and it always has been. Just be thankful that you can try every 15 minutes and only have to kill it once a week.

And good luck! I got my Heavenly Onyx Serpent half way through MoP on an alt's first kill of Sha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    Sorry, it's what you've signed up for trying to farm the mount. It's the unfortunate reality in farming rare spawns and it always has been. Just be thankful that you can try every 15 minutes and only have to kill it once a week.

And good luck! I got my Heavenly Onyx Serpent half way through MoP on an alt's first kill of Sha
    yea, not possible unless you're on a dead realm... you camp 1 spot and u it spawns in another and you're screwed basically

I think their original mistake was to make the drop rate this low. There was a time in WoD when they could have increased it, and I advocated that myself, but the ship has sailed on that, too many people punched in the hundreds and thousands of kills and paid millions for them on the BMAH.

I wish they would realize any cool reward is basically an incentive to engage in the gameplay that leads to it, not just a legendary rare drop for the sake of playing world building with the playerbase. Is there a reward? Make sure the gameplay is decent.
    Yes, agree, coming from someone who got lucky on rukhmar (30 kills while farming gear to be able to solo horridon and ji-kun in wod, as in 640 item level) and love rocket (142 kills), 1 in 2.000 or so drop rates are disruptive more than motivating.

If it were for me, no mount would have drop rates lower than 1 in 200 (sea turtle, headless hoerseman being the outliers, once I thought even ultraxion had that but now I think it's 1 in 100) or 0,5%, so these 7 mounts are absolutely beyond those limits: galleon, sha, nalak, oondasta, rukhmar, timereaver, love rocket.

And I agree, too many people capped\did thousands of kills on them to change drop rates now, we envy people who get galleon in 475 kills + 475 rolls and sha in 800 kills + 800 rolls like they got incredibly lucky, while before these drop rates were introduced 500 runs for a mount was terrible unluck!

A friend of mine even told me joking: "you're too lucky, going to remove you from real id" when between february and may 2.016 I capped 3 world bosses\retired mounts, so now people even get envious when we get the chance to spend 953k to ensure we win one of these mounts because they haven't been as lucky to get them spawn on their realm!
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2017-01-26 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    yea, not possible unless you're on a dead realm... you camp 1 spot and u it spawns in another and you're screwed basically
    Well there's a few spots, sit in the middle of them and you'll have half as far to travel when he spawns at a spot you're not camping.

Really there's nothing more Blizz will do to make it any easier, he already spawns 100 times a day and you can only do one kill a week. If you can't get one kill out of that many opportunities a week then you're doing something horribly wrong then just whinging for things to change.

If you're sitting on him for 20 minutes at a time then bitching when someone else kills him, then just stop camping mounts 'cause you'll never get anything.

Being on a dead realm doesn't help. Pandaria is CRZ. Unless you're on a server that isn't CRZ'd (there are a couple RP-PvP realms), you're pretty much screwed.

Making Sha spawn in the same spot would do it. Dropping the spawn timer to like 2 minutes would work too.

Yes, agree, coming from someone who got lucky on rukhmar (30 kills while farming gear to be able to solo horridon and ji-kun in wod, as in 640 item level) and love rocket (142 kills), 1 in 2.000 or so drop rates are disruptive more than motivating.

If it were for me, no mount would have drop rates lower than 1 in 200 (sea turtle, headless hoerseman being the outliers, once I thought even ultraxion had that but now I think it's 1 in 100) or 0,5%, so these 7 mounts are absolutely beyond those limits: galleon, sha, nalak, oondasta, rukhmar, timereaver, love rocket.

And I agree, too many people capped\did thousands of kills on them to change drop rates now, we envy people who get galleon in 475 kills + 475 rolls and sha in 800 kills + 800 rolls like they got incredibly lucky, while before these drop rates were introduced 500 runs for a mount was terrible unluck!

A friend of mine even told me joking: "you're too lucky, going to remove you from real id" when between february and may 2.016 I capped 3 world bosses\retired mounts, so now people even get envious when we get the chance to spend 953k to ensure we win one of these mounts because they haven't been as lucky to get them spawn on their realm!
    At least we'll be able to farm the rocket with lower level characters now, that should count for something.

I don't think I'd ever get a mount I can farm from BMAH, because according to Murphy's laws it's going to drop for sure on a random, even unintended kill once I've done that. I'm still a little leery that I'll get a second mount from Nalak every time we go to ToT and a friend wants to kill it.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2017-01-27 at 01:52 PM.

Headless horsemans mount didnt used to be so rare, same as brewfest kodo/rams. Sadly I have 3 kodos and 3 headless horsemans mounts sitting in alts bags that I wish I could give to friends.

Ive given up trying Sha/Galleon. Spent nearly 2 hours not getting a kill.

Has anyone suggest to use the HP scaling on the amount of people who tag the boss? It might solve the issue easier as opposed to a flat HP buff or increased spawn timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Single players two shot him. What would tag scaling fix?
    It actually would solve the problem. Most rares on Broken Isles have about 7-10MIL and scales up really high depending on how many hit him. What normally takes about 2 or 3 hits actually takes a good 1-2 mins when it scales. It'll still die fast but no where near as fast without the scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Ive given up trying Sha/Galleon. Spent nearly 2 hours not getting a kill.
    I do Galleon on 12 characters per week and I've never missed a kill. You do need to sit there with part of your screen visible so you react within a couple seconds, though.

As gear improves Pandaria world bosses will be literally 2-shottable, and then it'll be a serious problem for bosses other than Sha. At that point the end solution will be to only allow his health to drop by 5% per second or something. But we aren't quiiite there yet.

I did lose one Nalak on a melee character when he was killed before he made it down to the ground. Made sure to keep my ranged ability keybind in mind after that.