I'm glad to hear that guys.

If I had a bit more time (maybe for my next full game), I would make sure that this one did as well. But I think another quick basic game is the better strategy.

7+ Year Old Account
    A wild Senna appears.

Hey everyone. Life happened, and I had to leave quite abruptly. I'm back now (kinda). Not sure if I can sign up for a game because the amount of time I can post is minimal, and I don't want to screw up another game. I might sub in if needed.

How's everyone doing?
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

7+ Year Old Account
    @Senna1251 Glad to hear you're back and ok. I know many of us were worried about you. Take your time and remember hanging out in dead threads to make fun of all the players can be just as fun as playing! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    A wild Senna appears.

Hey everyone. Life happened, and I had to leave quite abruptly. I'm back now (kinda). Not sure if I can sign up for a game because the amount of time I can post is minimal, and I don't want to screw up another game. I might sub in if needed.
    Post count is an overrated metric for contribution. The content I've seen you put in your posts should make up for any lack in frequency.

- - - Updated - - -

@listo95:

Random question time. Do you order physical albums, or buy all of your music digital?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    Post count is an overrated metric for contribution. The content I've seen you put in your posts should make up for any lack in frequency.

- - - Updated - - -

@listo95:

Random question time. Do you order physical albums, or buy all of your music digital?
    If it's a group I like I buy a physical album since it helps them on the charts in South Korea. If it's a group I don't follow 100% but I love the album I will buy the physical album. Otherwise it's all iTunes or download. When I get home I can get some pics of how large my collection is currently.

- - - Updated - - -

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aov1r9FsNfXGjjmwlp2CfWi09TmD is my current collection. It consists of 60 albums, 1 photo book and 1 light stick.

10+ Year Old Account

@listo95:

All true Kpop fans buy albums physically.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    If it's a group I like I buy a physical album since it helps them on the charts in South Korea. If it's a group I don't follow 100% but I love the album I will buy the physical album. Otherwise it's all iTunes or download. When I get home I can get some pics of how large my collection is currently.
    /nods. Amazon, some other vendor?

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aov1r9FsNfXGjjmwlp2CfWi09TmD is my current collection. It consists of 60 albums, 1 photo book and 1 light stick.
    Hah. I was not expecting to see one of the albums I ordered. Also, holy crap, my OCD cannot handle your layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    All true Kpop fans buy albums physically.
    I am not likely to be what one would consider a K-Pop fan, true or otherwise.

I am, however, an album / hardback novel collector in general. Anything I like enough, I order.
    Last edited by Reticence; 2017-01-26 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god no Ret. I personally use kpopmart.com since those sales count towards the charts over there. Also which album?

Ah. Next time, perhaps. Those appear to be cheaper, too.

And the FTIsland one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am, however, an album / hardback novel collector in general. Anything I like enough, I order.
    Are you interested in buying some kpop albums or something or just curious?

But yea what Listo said, no one uses Amazon that I know. There are a lot of sites specifically for selling kpop (or asian) albums Yes Asia is decent if you're buying over a certain amount but not too much at once. They have free shipping over I think its like $30 or $40 orders, but thats because the shipping cost is built into the items. So at just over free shopping its usually cheaper, but then it gets more expensive if you're buying a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah. Next time, perhaps. Those appear to be cheaper, too.

And the FTIsland one.
    Ah good album. It was #6 in my top 10 albums from 2016. But which version did you get is the question! They had a truth and false version. I have the truth version. Also a note, a majority of albums have a photo book and come with a photo card.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Ret... How the fuck did you discover FTISLAND?

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Are you interested in buying some kpop albums or something or just curious?
    I already placed an order, so I was mostly curious for the future. I was hoping for an online vendor that better serviced imports, but for more than just K-Pop. Like Japan, Germany and Finland, for example.

My musical tastes are wide and varied.

Ah good album. It was #6 in my top 10 albums from 2016. But which version did you get is the question! They had a truth and false version. I have the truth version. Also a note, a majority of albums have a photo book and come with a photo card.
    I preferred the look of the False version (cooler colors), but I ordered Truth due to availability.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of sites that do Kpop do Jpop, Cpop etc like Yesasia

but they stick to asian music they won't do music from germany and finland as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already placed an order, so I was mostly curious for the future. I was hoping for an online vendor that better serviced imports, but for more than just K-Pop. Like Japan, Germany and Finland, for example.

My musical tastes are wide and varied.

I preferred the look of the False version (cooler colors), but I ordered Truth due to availability.
    Yeah like Ana said there really aren't any sites besides like Amazon that I know of that would have that wide of an array of music. And again I ask how did you discover them?!

Also Ret... How the fuck did you discover FTISLAND?
    An interesting circumstance of fairly unrelated things converging over time. Or pure chance, take your pick.

Several weeks ago, I was invited to join a tabletop campaign set in an alternate Earth. As if it wasn't completely fucking obvious, I'm a writer by hobby, so I tend to dive in the deep end when it comes to character creation, and I really enjoy making characters that push the boundaries of what I know. I played around with a few different concepts, but in the end I ended up with a character from Seoul.

I'm also a music nerd, and between that and the writing bit I tend to compile mood music playlists for the characters I come up with. I have a pretty eclectic library, but I didn't really have anything from any Korean groups, and I wanted to actually try and find something closer to home that I thought he would listen to.

It took some effort. I don't dislike K-Pop, but I find a lot of the mainstream stuff frustratingly catchy for how little I actively like it. The more I got off of the beaten path, though, the more I started to like what I was finding.
    Last edited by Reticence; 2017-01-26 at 07:51 AM.

The more I got off of the beaten path, though, the more I started to like what I was finding.
    Oh no that's how they get you.

Run. RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Also HI @Anakso!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kpop brings Anakso out of the darkness. Lulz.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2017-01-26 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Ret you don't have to do this but if you maybe want some more music in that playlist I could recommend Day6 and B.A.P. Day6 is more of a pop rock band I guess you could say. B.A.P has a large variety of music so I'm sure you could find something for it. If you want it closer to rock type music Bang x2 would probably work for it. Also not mainstream but Kanto's lonely is amazing although a bit repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Kpop brings Anakso out of the darkness. Lulz.
    Like clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Oh no that's how they get you.

Run. RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!
    D:

Well Ret you don't have to do this but if you maybe want some more music in that playlist I could recommend Day6 and B.A.P. Day6 is more of a pop rock band I guess you could say. B.A.P has a large variety of music so I'm sure you could find something for it. If you want it closer to rock type music Bang x2 would probably work for it. Also not mainstream but Kanto's lonely is amazing although a bit repetitive.
    I definitely fell more on the rock/indie side of things.

I don't think I hit any of those in my random searchings. I'll give them a listen sometime.