Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Yielding the high ground is never good and right and just. Satisfying perhaps but the wrong move.
    To borrow from an excellent diatribe, I have no interest in teaching Nazis lessons in humanity. Nazis have no humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    To borrow from an excellent diatribe, I have no interest in teaching Nazis lessons in humanity. Nazis have no humanity.
    You know that dehumanizing the other is pretty much the first necessary step in waging war against an enemy and to justify violence? The nazis understood this very well. Radicals all around the world understand this, it is a staple in their handbook. Which leaves us with only one conclusion about you and yours really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yielding the high ground is never good and right and just. Satisfying perhaps but the wrong move.
    I mean I guess I get what you're saying, but you can't really yield the high ground to a nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    You know that dehumanizing the other is pretty much the first necessary step in waging war against an enemy and to justify violence?
    Yeah, Nazis are dangerous, I know.

- - - Updated - - -

The funny thing is you're lecturing me about dehumanizing people when that's the argument for rearranging some goosestepping son of a bitch's teeth in the first place.

Deleted
    I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but;

Peaceful ethnic cleansing in America by white people...
    that somehow doesn't compute.

You know that dehumanizing the other is pretty much the first necessary step in waging war against an enemy and to justify violence? The nazis understood this very well. Radicals all around the world understand this, it is a staple in their handbook. Which leaves us with only one conclusion about you and yours really.

So, shall we pull a Neville Chamberlain and appease the nazi who call for 'peaceful' ethnic cleansing.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    So, shall we pull a Neville Chamberlain and appease the nazi who call for 'peaceful' ethnic cleansing.
    Difference: The nazis escalated by invading other states and starting the violent ethnic cleansing. The person accused of being a nazi did not advocate for violence against people and did not start any violent action against others.

What he did however is introduce an idea to the marketplace of ideas and that idea does not sit well with people like you or wells. And your solution to this is not to compete with a better idea or come up with a refutal that you wouldnt even have to think up yourself.
    Your idea is to scare the competitor into silence by means of violent assault.

Now, the next time that man might bring security. Possibly not even funded from his own pocket. Now your genius plan to have some scrawny hipster suckerpunch him is fucked.
    People stand and fall and being the victim of violence makes them martyrs, their vulnerability and mortality makes them relatable and if that gets recorded on camera for the public to see that renders any of your despicable attempts to dehumanize them futile on top of that. Their ideas are literally bulletproof. If you really want to kill off bad ideas here is a new thought:

Try words and arguments.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-01-26 at 09:02 AM.

Difference: The nazis escalated by invading other states and starting the violent ethnic cleansing. The person accused of being a nazi did not advocate for violence against people and did not start any violent action against others.

What he did however is introduce an idea to the marketplace of ideas and that idea does not sit well with people like you or wells. And your solution to this is not to compete with a better idea or come up with a refutal that you wouldnt even have to think up yourself.

Now, the next time that man might bring security. Possibly not even funded from his own pocket. Now your genius plan to have some scrawny hipster suckerpunch him is fucked.
    People stand and fall and being the victim of violence makes them martyrs, their vulnerability and mortality makes them relatable and if that gets recorded on camera for the public to see that renders any of your despicable attempts to dehumanize them futile on top of that. Their ideas are literally bulletproof. If you really want to kill off bad ideas here is a new thought:

Try words and arguments.
    Yeah, okay. So we should debate him on whether or not Black Genocide is Right? or if we need a 'peaceful' ethnic cleansing. You don't need to argue that both of those ideas are horrific. You don't need to use words to say that. A quote from his article. "While they were, like all low IQ people, at one time useful as dumb labor, technology has long since made them non-economical. The world in general would be better off if they went extinct."

edit:

See this person dehumanizes others. To reiterate. Am I to debate whether or not a 'peaceful' ethnic cleansing is good for the country? There is no way to perform a peaceful ethnic cleansing. In order to do that, they would have to force people out of their home and force them out of the country. Force being the keyword.
    Last edited by eillas; 2017-01-26 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-pacwoman View Post
    I mean I guess I get what you're saying, but you can't really yield the high ground to a nazi.
    The battle isn't for the soul of Nazi's, it's for the guys in the middle. Brown Shirts used to beat people up for differing political opinions and in an ideological battle the one thing you can't emulate is the other guy. Don't fight on the other guys level, they will usually beat you with experience.

The battle isn't for the soul of Nazi's, it's for the guys in the middle. Brown Shirts used to beat people up for differing political opinions and in an ideological battle the one thing you can't emulate is the other guy. Don't fight on the other guys level, they will usually beat you with experience.
    So are we to roll over for the nazis?

So are we to roll over for the nazis?
    Not sure I ever made that argument. Just pointing out that punching them in the streets robs you of your own legitimacy.

Not sure I ever made that argument. Just pointing out that punching them in the streets robs you of your own legitimacy.
    I don't think punching nazis ever lose legitimacy

I don't think punching nazis ever lose legitimacy
    What does it achieve aside from letting them label you as violent? Of course it costs you legitimacy, check this sub forum and the constant topics about the left wing being violent. It's a pointless activity that achieves nothing but damaging your own cause. Nobody thought we would have to fight the ideological battles of the 1930's again but that's where we are at in our new post fact world.

What does it achieve aside from letting them label you as violent? Of course it costs you legitimacy, check this sub forum and the constant topics about the left wing being violent. It's a pointless activity that achieves nothing but damaging your own cause. Nobody thought we would have to fight the ideological battles of the 1930's again but that's where we are at in our new post fact world.
    I don't want to belong to any cause that does not treat nazis as the scum that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Oh no, an ass got punched in the face. How is this even news? People get punched in the face all the time. In fact, people like him should be punched in the face at least once per day to remind them who they are and what kind of society they want to bring in
    Because a society where people punch someone everytime they don't like their ideas or thoughts is great, too.

As horrible as it is when put to practice, having racist ideas or thoughts by itself isn't hurting anyone. Punching him won't change a thing. If he's actually doing harmful things, or you believe he truly wants to commit to his racist thoughts, then report him the the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Because a society where people punch someone everytime they don't like their ideas or thoughts is great, too.
    Pretty sure society remains quite fine if a single punch hits every once in a while some extremists. Most bar fights start off for less and end up in more damage.

Yeah, okay. So we should debate him on whether or not Black Genocide is Right? or if we need a 'peaceful' ethnic cleansing. You don't need to argue that both of those ideas are horrific. You don't need to use words to say that.
    This is where you are wrong. The truth, any truth, including that genocide is outragously wrong is to be argued. Repeatedly if necessary, but infinitely is more likely, as people resilient to that argument seem to replenish their ranks in every generation.
    A quote from his article. "While they were, like all low IQ people, at one time useful as dumb labor, technology has long since made them non-economical. The world in general would be better off if they went extinct."
    I am not arguing his case for him. If that argument is so fundamentaly wrong that it should be aparent to everyone else, you should have an easy time convincing everyone of that. Perhaps him too.
    See this person dehumanizes others. To reiterate. Am I to debate whether or not a 'peaceful' ethnic cleansing is good for the country?
    Yes. I'd try not to argue in such a manner that every generalisation about groups of people amounts to a dehumanization if I were to debate him.
    There is no way to perform a peaceful ethnic cleansing.
    If that is your position argue it and convince his audience that his positions are not only morally wrong but also not realistic.
    In order to do that, they would have to force people out of their home and force them out of the country. Force being the keyword.
    Ok NO. The use of force does not imply violence. A child knows this.
    Even if a historic event had sporadic cases of violence against people, it is common sense to describe the overall process as peacefull. Examples are the protests against Presidents and their policies, or civil rights movements for the better treatment of specific groups.

The use of force itself, legal or phyiscal, is neither illegal, unethical nor unjust. An event is not unjust or immoral because force is used.
    Forcing a person out of their property on grounds of their genetic heritage, depriving a person of their citizenship/nationality and also exiling them IS. All of those things. Even if signed into law it would be in most direct conflict with superceeding law.

Final Note:
    Consider this:
    "Terrorism

The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property in order to coerce or intimidate a government or the civilian population in furtherance of political or social objectives."
    You are outright endorcing and applauding that. I think that is not a healthy attitude.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-01-26 at 03:55 PM.

I don't want to belong to any cause that does not treat nazis as the scum that they are.
    You can treat them as scum, that doesn't involve you resorting to violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Well, people should.
    Trump is not even here a week and he's already pissing off everyone.
    So you give them nothing. Every time the left fucks up you give ammo to the right. The Trump administration will fall apart from within without outside interference, all you have to do is wait. By all means go out and protest, hold the man to account on the internet and your publications and challenge every moronic move the man makes, but do it within the confines of the law. The whole position relies on you being better than the Trumpettes, when you break the law you lose that position.

Try words and arguments.
    I dont think punching a nazi in the face will somehow turn everyone into nazis.