Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Is it me or DH needs a nerf?

I havent played much since 7.1.5 came out etc.

I've been watching a few streams though especially now that people are progressing on Nighthold.

Every stream I see DH seems to be miles ahead on DPS both on aoe and ST and openers.

Is that a thing? If yes is it acceptable?

Deleted
    They use a guide I made for them with specific legendaries in mind that allow that. Other builds / legendaries don't and DH are just as strong as others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes they need a nerf...

F*** I hate demonhunters lol
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nah - just check the DH forums. You'll see that they've been shafted by Blizz and need buffing badly.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I havent played much since 7.1.5 came out etc.

I've been watching a few streams though especially now that people are progressing on Nighthold.

Every stream I see DH seems to be miles ahead on DPS both on aoe and ST and openers.

Is that a thing? If yes is it acceptable?
    I mean... yeah, DH is entirely front-loaded, so they do very well on the opener. They are built around Meta, and do huge damage during this window. Once it's gone, their single target damage is pretty mediocre. All in all, it averages out but if you're just looking at openers then of course DH is going to be ahead.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evassac View Post
    They use a guide I made for them with specific legendaries in mind that allow that. Other builds / legendaries don't and DH are just as strong as others.
    A guide you made? Or just a build which is widely known as the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock

Thankfully the dev dont base their nerfing on the feeling of players but based on actual facts.

may be hard numbers will do better:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11

Demon hunters are nowhere the top.

Then if you care to look boss by boss:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/11

other classes are actually very close. and again the sample of log visible is really small.

finally, I suggest you look at addons like Detail!, because visually you might think that someone is like far away from the second dps, but when you look at numbers which this addon gives you, it is 5% difference and looks graphically massive. however 5% is nothing, for a boss in mythic, getting a debuff that makes you move away from the boss while you used your CDs can be detrimental etc.

So thanks for the bait thread, but you should be more constructive in the future and post actual numbers, raid type, and logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Laronda View Post
    A guide you made? Or just a build which is widely known as the best
    No, they all trace back to his guide. You could say, he invented the demonhunter.

Yes they do need a nerf. They are ridiculous AoE and very strong single target. Can't have the best of both worlds.

Won't happen though. This xpac is all about DH, like DK we're constantly OP in WotLK

EDIT: I think it depends alot on your set up. You see we have 5, yes 5 Havoc DH's, 2 Frost DK's and 2 rets. (casual guild) and they smash everything. When it comes to my time to shine (multi-dot - spriest) I don't even get chance, and Nighthold is full of swarming little adds that get smashed in a few seconds.
    Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2017-01-26 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    One thing I think might mess up the statistics right now, is that most guilds (That I know of), are putting the tier set on the DHs first, as they were simmed to get the most benefit from it. This means, that most DHs will have 4-set bonus before a lot of classes, which roughly increases their damage by 8% compared to before. Also, if you look at the statistics for each boos, you actually find that DHs are number 1 on two fights (Krosus & Chronomatic), which implies that their "Overpowered" AoE really isn't there when it is small packs of adds (3-4). Looking at HC bosses (As most people are on that right now), it can be see that taking the bosses in order, the following classes are number 1: Warlock, DH, Rogue, Druid, Mage, Warlock, DH, Priest, Priest, Paladin.
    Now you may ask, where is the WW monk, Hunter and DK?! They are actually in a mediocore place (Mostly top 5 of all specs).
    And oh yea, looking at the damage done (Statistics again), all classes are fairly close, execpt for some fights were SPriest takes off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    No, they all trace back to his guide. You could say, he invented the demonhunter.
    Some even say that he is the hero we need to finally put a stop to the Burning Legion... even Illidan read his guide.
    Last edited by Nayami; 2017-01-26 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    Why would you even care what you see on stream... ST is good, AE got nerfed and is still ok/good

Like Kae said, DHs most dps is during the opener, cause of meta and dmg cds. If you see a DH on Stream miles ahead during the opener that is probably because he has the legendary belt (30% more dmg when enemy is >90%), thats it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post
    Yes they do need a nerf. They are ridiculous AoE and very strong single target. Can't have the best of both worlds.

Won't happen though. This xpac is all about DH, like DK we're constantly OP in WotLK

EDIT: I think it depends alot on your set up. You see we have 5, yes 5 Havoc DH's, 2 Frost DK's and 2 rets. (casual guild) and they smash everything. When it comes to my time to shine (multi-dot - spriest) I don't even get chance, and Nighthold is full of swarming little adds that get smashed in a few seconds.
    Other classes have better AoE than us (we have great burst AoE, not sustained) and we're mediocre on single target. So no, not "constantly OP".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Thankfully the dev dont base their nerfing on the feeling of players but based on actual facts.

may be hard numbers will do better:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11

Demon hunters are nowhere the top.

Then if you care to look boss by boss:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/11

other classes are actually very close. and again the sample of log visible is really small.

finally, I suggest you look at addons like Detail!, because visually you might think that someone is like far away from the second dps, but when you look at numbers which this addon gives you, it is 5% difference and looks graphically massive. however 5% is nothing, for a boss in mythic, getting a debuff that makes you move away from the boss while you used your CDs can be detrimental etc.

So thanks for the bait thread, but you should be more constructive in the future and post actual numbers, raid type, and logs.
    Did you really used the MYTHIC Nighthold logs to support your opinion? At the moment of me writing this comment, every spec has less than 25 parses on mythic. Lol.
    Last edited by mmocb0712db3e4; 2017-01-26 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    DH have massive openers, but they fade below other dps the longer the fight goes. I think it's probably because they are currently being balanced around having new legendary and Eli trinket, when more DH's get those two then we might have something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Other classes have better AoE than us (we have great burst AoE, not sustained) and we're mediocre on single target. So no, not "constantly OP".
    alright sugar tits. no need to be so defensive.

I barely even use meta, usually only when there is a need for the 100% leech. I guess I should look into that.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    yeah they are definitively too strong. Burst and single target is out of control. PvP aswell.

No, it's unacceptable that DHs are not OP in the DH expansion.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Check the logs. Only thing that matters. They do not need a nerf. Some other classes need a buff on the other hand