Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Battleground and Arena skirmish weekly rewards a bit undertuned?

Anyone else feel like this? Last week it was Wotlk timewalking and you got a free 875 item by doing piss easy dungeons real quick. I actually rng'd a 890 trinket on one my characters from the box it gave.

Battleground weekly however, you get a few.... tokens that you can use to buy old transmog stuff everyone and their mothers already had at this point, specially if they played in Wod. Then you get 1000k honor as a reward? Really? That's not even enough for one honor level. The quest should at least give something like 3-5k honor in my opinion to even become anywhere near the rewards from timewalking. Even then it's still not as good as you get nothing concrete as reward.

Agreed. I still do the quest every time it pops up, both on my main and an alt or two but the reward does feel a bit small compared to TW for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Deleted
    Since you mentioned the old sets, have they said anything about current sets being available next season in exchange for those tokens? I'm not talking about elite sets, but the normal ones you get randomly doing BGs?

I just can't get the gloves and belt for my transmog. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Since you mentioned the old sets, have they said anything about current sets being available next season in exchange for those tokens? I'm not talking about elite sets, but the normal ones you get randomly doing BGs?

I just can't get the gloves and belt for my transmog. -.-
    They said the normal sets will be available from the vendor as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    They said the normal sets will be available from the vendor as well.
    Oh great! This RNG is killing me.

Deleted
    They don't seem to really want people to pvp.

At least not as much as PvE, where their focus is nowadays.

I didn't even think to look at the rewards, just picked up the quest and started queueing. But, wow that's it? I wouldn't mind if they had to bump it up to like 6-7 wins if they at least gave a good rewards. That might be too tough though if you are queueing Alliance where winning is a little bit harder.

Deleted
    Hate to beat a dead horse, but seriously? Now it's "do 4 piss easy dungeons you were already doing anyway and receive a free 890 item". Next week it's "do 10 pointless skirmishes and receive your 4/5 of one honor level, nerd".
    Last edited by mmocfb2225cee0; 2017-02-04 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Hate to beat a dead horse, but seriously? Now it's "do 4 piss easy dungeons you were already doing anyway and receive a free 890 item". Next week it's "do 10 pointless skirmishes and receive your 4/5 of one honor level, nerd".
    Yeah its pretty bad. You don't even get a soldiers strongbox or whatever the rare quality box is for POSSIBLY an actual piece of good gear, which should be the standard for every pvp weekly quest. Honor should be 2k and there should be something else to spend these marks of honor on... im a DH so theres literally nothing to buy with them except mounts that I got in cata...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    You don't even get a soldiers strongbox
    Yeah so, I received 20 Mossgill from a strongbox.

I think those rewards could maybe, kinda, sorta, POSSIBLY NEED TO BE FUCKING FIXED. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Yeah so, I received 20 Mossgill from a strongbox.

I think those rewards could maybe, kinda, sorta, POSSIBLY NEED TO BE FUCKING FIXED. Thank you
    Yeah well the boxes are pretty bad either way I suppose. There should be some epic quality box that always gives gear.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Skirmish weekly to me seems useless, rather have it replaced by something else.

Mark of honor now are super easy to get since the WQ change so kinda dont feel special either.

I hope things will change a bit in 7.2 with the brawls coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Skirmish weekly to me seems useless, rather have it replaced by something else.

Mark of honor now are super easy to get since the WQ change so kinda dont feel special either.

I hope things will change a bit in 7.2 with the brawls coming.
    Instead of skirmish, they should put a rated arena weekend. Win 10-15 3vs3 ranked arena games and get a 875 item or something. Should bring some activity on the ladders for the duration of it.

PvP rewards in general are useless now. 855 gear with no set bonus and 90% of the time shitty stats, I've got all Glad pieces but boots and use none of them because it's so far outclassed by the easiest to get PvE gear. Honor and Conquest points need to come back and we need PvP vendors with proper sets, and this horrible RNG system needs to be thrown out.

Deleted
    Also whoever changed it so you had to win 10 arena games for the loot piece needs to be seriously frowned upon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    Also whoever changed it so you had to win 10 arena games for the loot piece needs to be seriously frowned upon ...
    It is almost like they sat down and said "how can we make sure the we make the bottom end of the ladder stop playing pvp". Sure, requiring wins might lower afks or bots; however, once you remove participation awards, you aren't going to have people who were participating for the sole reason of getting the participation awards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Instead of skirmish, they should put a rated arena weekend. Win 10-15 3vs3 ranked arena games and get a 875 item or something. Should bring some activity on the ladders for the duration of it.
    Yeah that would be pretty dope and it would increase arena participation.
    They should also on the battleground weeks give way more honor or something, like wtf is this "1000 honor" bs
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted
    Is this true? They finally did something to change this useless bonus event? I haven't been able to log in to see/test. WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOOX?!

This Week: Arena Skirmishes

All week, from anywhere in Azeroth, open the Group Finder (default hotkey: i), select the Player vs. Player tab on the bottom of the window, and then under Casual, choose Arena Skirmish and JOIN BATTLE. You’ll be matched up with teammates and provided with opponents to kill in the Arena. You can also queue for a Premade group or create your own group within the Premade tab.

Look for the following all week long:

Archmage Lan’dalock near Violet Hold in Dalaran has a quest for you.
    Quest requirement: Win 10 Arena PvP Skirmishes
    Reward: A PvP loot box
    Passive buff: +50% honor gains from Skirmishes

If you’ve been looking to make some Honor gains, this is the week to do it!

For me, a mark of honour

Deleted
    I actually think it should be rated arena as well. Win 10 and get a 880, to put the reward on pair with the current raid tier.
    The current reward is to low, and not really worth noticing tbh. The best part of it is the AP we get..
    However I do see a potential problem with pve players trying to do rated arena. They will get REKT, complain everywhere about it and abandon the quest.
    As a dedicated pvp player in even in doubt if I want to do the skirmishes - the reward is way to low, and I'm prestige (and honor level) capped anyway. So I will have to store the honor token in my bank until next arena season....