Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post
    I simply do NOT understand the hype for this talent in PVP and PVE in general, but mainly PVP.

I hear things like: "Oh well it's good with Fel Blade, it procs it a ton."
    and "it simply does a lot more damage." and "it allows you to use your other abilities easier instead of smashing demon bite etc."

My biggest gripe with Demon Blades was that: A. I played demon bite from day 1 so switching so late was harder than normal. B. CHAOS STRIKE NEVER CAME UP TO USE, I legit felt retarded, I felt like I was just smacking them waiting to get enough fury to chaos strike!!

So I just did 2 minute attack sessions on the dummy in the few hammer and came up with this:

Without Demon Blades (smashing demon bite)

-I was able to use Chaos Strike 34 times.
    -Fel Blade procced 9 times.
    -Using BOTH demon bite & fel blade to gain fury I was able to Chaos Strike 40 times.

With Demon Blades:

-I was able to use Chaos Strike 23 times.
    -Fel Blade procced 10 times.
    -Running demon blades and using fel blade as well to gain fury I was able to chaos strike 30 times.

So obviously the numbers do not show that demon blades is the superior choice....now, the DPS difference with demon blades and without is very minimal, at least running basic tests with basic attacks. So the real only reason I can see demon blades being more popular is that it is just simply easier to run, as you can simply auto attack and focus on other abilities more, which I do agree with, but coming from someone that is used to smashing demon bite (1 on my keyboard) frankly I don't care.

Please let me know if I made a mistake here.
    Well it obvious your dummy testing wraps this discussion up guys!

Seriously though, a few dummy runs literally proves -nothing-. That's not the way statistics and averages work.

Demons Blades is better simply because you can hit other GCD's while still generating fury, making it so we don't have to spend GCD's hitting our limp noodle attack when in meta which is virtually where all of our damage occurs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    I find it absolutely hilarious how bloody much complaining is done about Demon Blades.. The damage difference isn't massive. Use what you PREFER. Because honestly? In the end you'll likely do more damage with something you're comfortable with than with something you hate.
    That might be valid if the higher damage option wasn't the entirely passive one. EVERYONE should do more dps with demon blades, there is no skill ceiling/floor to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Didn't they say right around launch that they'd never want Demon Blades to be the best choice on its row because it was entirely passive? What happened to that? I effing hate that talent so much, but they've made it the only thing worth using until you higher gear.

Using fel rush as a gap filler is a tempting but often bad idea since if you get out of hit box and are not auto-attacking, you are also not getting DB procs and the starvation and soul-sucking dullness of filling with TG will continue until morale improves.
    Dblades gets BETTER with more gear, it scales well with crit and haste, and the set bonuses. And you absolutely should be filling downtime with fel rush, decent chunk of chaos damage on a .25sec cd and you should never go out of range with it (using momentum until now should have been more than enough practice)

I can sense strong feelycrafting in here.

Whether you like it or not, DBlades currently is the best choice for our standard build (222x311). It's simply stronger than the alternatives in most aspects unless you are fishing for EB resets via Soul Fragments w/ Demonic Appetite in Memeonic build. Prepared already got butchered some time ago.

DBlades isn't the problem, though.

The problem is that both Fel Mastery and Prepared are practically dead talents currently (in other words: very situational) which is even more problematic because of the (in-)direct Momentum nerf via Nemesis buff and rework of Blur artifact trait (less Momentum uptime). While 'Felblade + DBlades' and 'Blind Fury + Demonic Appetite' builds got great synergy with their other talents, 'Fel Mastery + Prepared (+ Momentum)' currently lack that synergy / are not strong enough combined. That means, weak Momentum is a nerf to FM/Prepared and vice versa.

They have to buff both Fel Mastery and Prepared in a way that they are viable on their own but especially in synergy with Momentum. Prepared has to go back to ~70 Fury generated and Fel Mastery needs to reduce Fel Rush recharge time by ~2sec (ditch the damage increase if necessary for balance). So that we can have an overall Momentum uptime increase back to around old Blur trait (~65-70%).

That changes would provide us with not only two but three viable specs for multiple purposes and completely different playstyles:

11x1xx -> ADHS-DH
    22x3xx -> rather stationary, less spammy DH
    33xxx3 -> Memeonic-Memebeam-DH
    Last edited by chooi; 2017-01-26 at 02:58 PM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Deleted
    From a pvp-perspective:

+ DB gives you a lot more gcd's for important stuff like chaos nova, imprison, catching up to your target with your mobility spells, etc.
    + probably a little more simple to play
    + potentially more dmg overall compared to demons bite (although it really shouldnt be that much in pvp)

- risk of fury starving (important here in my opinion: with demons bite you're able to accumulate fury for burst/cc windows better/faster on demand than with DB)
    - you're not able to skill other talents (in my case: prepared. This really helps out with your momentum uptime and your overall mobility/ability to stick to your target)
    - destroying totems might take longer because you may need to wait for an auto-hit or, in some urgent cases which demand instant destruction of the totem (counterstrike totem while bursting for example), you may even need to spend fury on chaos strike to kill the totem in time

take it with a grain of salt, since i only play around 2,1k-2,2k mmr and i'm really still kinda uncertain which talent in pvp is the best...