Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I think Blizz blew it with the design concept regarding the artifact this expansion. Even on your main, doesn't it strike you as rather unimaginative / boring that your rewards (especially at max level) are just artifact power over and over and over again?

Perhaps when playing on your alts, the lazy design approach just strikes you even harder the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time around?

Alt is NOT a problem.. the only problem with this "AP issue" is if you end up in a situation where you need to swap your main, that's the only time I see the AP-grind could become an issue as u probably havent invested as much "AP time" in your alt.

Besides that, and alt is supposed to be a bit behind your main.,. that's kinda the whole concept of having an alt! Bit joke, but you understand what I mean... Play the alt, have fun, grind the AP as good as u can and enjoy the free 20 AK-levels!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    There are some unlocked by mythic 5 mans, right? I doubt I ever get them on all alts. Same with certain class hall items. Shoulders requiring exhalted with Nightfallen. Did that on my two mains (Priest and Paladin, love those set), but it will have to be an amazing set to grind that again (possibly tempted for the druid set). Then again, as I said...still 12+ months to go and plenty of time for all those things eventaully..maybe..
    Yes but you need to unlock the skin through the raiding portion to use the other ones. I have the +15 and the world boss one done but they are still technically locked becasue I have not completed the balance of power chain yet.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My alt hunter hit 110 yesterday and I'm at 27 ranks today, please just shut the fuck up about this already. Even managed to get to ilvl 842 from timewalking dungeons + a world boss. What do you want, alts fully geared and ready within a week?

I felt it was extremely alt unfriendly at the start (the rep for world quests), but after that it has been fine. I don't worry about AP, and I think the AK chance is completely garbage and WAY too damn soon in the expansion for that. Though, it is pretty nice having all 3 golden traits while still only having 805 relics and only 2 relic slots.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    You should ask yourself: Why do you LOVE alts?
    I love alts. I'm a pvp'ing altoholic. What I love to do is taking different classes into arena and see how semi-casually high I can go with them. I also used my alts as professions bots so I'm self reliant when it comes to enchants etc. I also get bored by just playing one character.

Now in order to do that, I'd need to do a ton of profession quests (f these), get gear (used to be a non-issue in wod), get ap (up to 54 come season 3, really, blizz?) and grind those pvp talents. Jesus.

It was pretty bad until 7.1 and 7.1.5; now it's a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I think Blizz blew it with the design concept regarding the artifact this expansion. Even on your main, doesn't it strike you as rather unimaginative / boring that your rewards (especially at max level) are just artifact power over and over and over again?

Perhaps when playing on your alts, the lazy design approach just strikes you even harder the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time around?
    seems liek you playing wrong genre of games if you dont enjoy grinds- try some arcage rpgs not mmorpgs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Alt is NOT a problem.. the only problem with this "AP issue" is if you end up in a situation where you need to swap your main, that's the only time I see the AP-grind could become an issue as u probably havent invested as much "AP time" in your alt.
    there is no such situation unless somebody is in super ultra hardcore guild or is one of retards who swap fotm classes each raid. both of those have no real implication on game so its no issue whatsoever. you can easily get to 35 in 1 week of playing stop making non exxistent problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    They murdered the fun of playing with an alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    Before Legion launch i had all classes at 110 since in WoD there was a real incentive to have them (gold from garrisons).
    I find Legion leveling to be horribly dull and there's little reason to have more than 3-4 110s at best. Oh well, more time to play other games i guess!
    Is this a joke?
    I have 14 chars leveled to 110 with the class hall campaign finished, and i am still not done, precisely because of the insane amount of gold you get from class hall gold missions, which is far more gold that the gold i did in WOD.
    Yeah leveling is boring as hell after the first time, two times most, but this was also the case in past expansions, but the alt-golding incentive is alive and kicking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Is this a joke?
    I have 14 chars leveled to 110 with the class hall campaign finished, and i am still not done, precisely because of the insane amount of gold you get from class hall gold missions, which is far more gold that the gold i did in WOD.
    Yeah leveling is boring as hell after the first time, two times most, but this was also the case in past expansions, but the alt-golding incentive is alive and kicking.
    I guess you haven't played during WoD. Everyone and their mother made millions during that expansion if they had a few alts. The amount of gold you get now is trivial compared to what you'd get back then, not counting the insane amount of transmog gear that sold for many more hundred thousands after Legion launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    I guess you haven't played during WoD. Everyone and their mother made millions during that expansion if they had a few alts. The amount of gold you get now is trivial compared to what you'd get back then, not counting the insane amount of transmog gear that sold for many more hundred thousands after Legion launch.
    No, in average with a full garrison you made 500G per day and char (passive gold income). With the current order hall gold missions you make about the triple.
    The greatest difference is simply that the income in WoD was completely passive, which no longer applies to OH. With 250OHR per gold mission they are fairly expensive.
    So you need to actively play and grind OHR on the alts, which in itself also gives gold income in return, but you definitely leave the comfort zone and the gold per time spent ratio is significantly worse than in WoD.

I loved alt and no stopped playing them.
    But the reason is more about how horribly boring the leveling has become and how terrible the writing in Legion is. I loved leveling, now I can't stand the idea of drudging through even the relatively low amount necessary to get from 100 to 110.
    I thought WoD was the worst leveling experience in WoW, but gawd how Legion managed to be even far worse...

Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    im more annoyed by damn quest chains (nightfallen, mostly and artifact chain - btw these give also lots of AP power at the end, specially at 20+ AK).. than AP power.
    Same here. AP on alts is probably not an issue right now if you can buy AK for your alt using your main, but the damn class quest chain being gated behind follower missions is stupid now, especially since you need to complete it for your third relic slot.

Don't get me wrong, I love the class quests. I just want to be able to go on an alt and finish its class quest at my own pace, without being forced to wait days for my followers to complete a number of missions that each take over 12 hours to complete. I don't mind the quests themselves, or having to participate in Mythic dungeons, but time gating is a huge no-no for me at this point in the expansion.

I'd like to see the follower missions out of the class quest chains in the future, at least if you've already done your class quests on your main.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love the class quests. I just want to be able to go on an alt and finish its class quest at my own pace, without being forced to wait days for my followers to complete a number of missions that each take over 12 hours to complete. I don't mind the quests themselves, or having to participate in Mythic dungeons, but time gating is a huge no-no for me at this point in the expansion.
    The duration for the order hall missions was reduced with 7.1 already. You can have completed the missions necessary within 24h of dinging (they went from 8-12h to 4-6h).

Legion has killed my motivation to play alts as well. Even though I have the urge to do some pvp healing for example, I don't. Way too much work. Way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    The duration for the order hall missions was reduced with 7.1 already. You can have completed the missions necessary within 24h of dinging (they went from 8-12h to 4-6h).
    Was that with 7.1? I remember levelling a DH after 7.1 and I remember most missions being at 12 hours. I could be remembering wrong of course, maybe I levelled it before the patch hit or I was unlucky enough to get those duration increasing abilities that I couldn't counter.

But it's nice to know that they're shorter now, so thanks. I might actually level something then. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    You see, its not the +35 per say, I do that on my main every day and one alt also every day. Its there's no way I can do that on all alts so I simply log off after finishing on main ... The 'alt' joy-gaming-experiance has been greatly diminished ... You?
    I still enjoy playing alt. Although I do hate the AP grind. I only do them when I feel like I have nothing to do and just want a change.

Even my "main", if you can can it that is below 20 in their AP level. AK is 25 but I cannot be bothered to grind that AP on a regular basis.

Deleted
    After leveling my 7th character to 110 I start to run out of time if I want to do all available emissary quests on all characters and some additional activities (dungeons / LFR). If I have a vacation, that's not a problem, but in working weeks, I cannot finish all activities which I would like to do on all my characters. I wonder how much time the next characters will take, because I still have to level one character because of professions, and a bunch to complete the order hall campaigns which I have not done before.

AP is not that much of a problem because I only run casual content on my alt characters (and my only harder endgame content on my main are occasional lower m+ runs), and with the catchup of the first 20 levels of research, I get along fine.

60 hours of work and commuting a week + chores + other RL things don't leave much time for alts. -.-
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-01-26 at 02:26 PM.

I've always enjoyed playing alts, but there's no doubt that you can't really do it effectively anymore. You can play maybe one alt.

I do think it's interesting that they ripped the paragon system out of Diablo 3, but... in Diablo 3, paragon points are *account wide* for all of your characters. In the WoW incarnation, you don't even get to share your Artifact Power across artifacts the same character!
    Last edited by Krom2040; 2017-01-26 at 02:58 PM.