Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    How can you know it beforehand?
    Because I know the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    If widespread voter fraud was occurring on the Republican side, rather than the Democrat side, you can bet the Democrats would be calling for investigations.
    The thing is, no one is really calling for an investigation at all except Trump to begin with. Even in Congress, Dems aren't and Republicans are telling Trump to shut the fuck up. Trump is the only one complaining due to his inflated ego, even though he fucking won, but it's ultimately the state legislators that have the ability to abuse the hell out of the situation which is what makes this frightening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If the DNC can take the House and Senate back in 2018, that's who we'll have in 2018. And he is easily defeatable in 2020 because he's nuttier than a fruitcake. We just can't forget what happens when we get complacent. The GOP rolls in the crazy train.

Can anyone beat McConnell? I believe he's up in 2018 - good time to roll out a solid contender.
    He's from one of the deeper red states... and despite that, has had rather small margins. If there really is a backlash at the midterms - which appears to be common lately - he may actually fall.

Because I know the left.
    Sure you do mr. flat earther.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    He's from one of the deeper red states... and despite that, has had rather small margins. If there really is a backlash at the midterms - which appears to be common lately - he may actually fall.
    ACA repeal may be his downfall which is hilarious.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The thing is, no one is really calling for an investigation at all except Trump to begin with.
    Conservatives have been calling for official investigations into it for years.

Conservatives have been calling for official investigations into it for years.
    Like who? Even the GOP congress has been calling voter fraud claims a crock of a shit. It's only been state level GOP actors doing any bitching about it before Trump because it's an excuse/justification to continue the same efforts they're putting forth in Wisconsin and North Carolina, and apparently now Virginia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    ACA repeal may be his downfall which is hilarious.
    Keep dreamin'.

Keep dreamin'.
    You do realize that even despite being from a deep red state, McConnell's victory margins have been razor thin? If the ACA repeal finally begins, it's entirely possible for his seat to be one of those taken down as his constituents have high dependency on it for health coverage and even survival.

Red state congressmen are already starting to see angry backlash as is.

Keep dreamin'.
    Actually, a full ACA repeal could be a problem. If there's no reinstatement of a mandate to cover those with pre-existing conditions, which was popular, then a lot of people will see their health insurance costs go up dramatically. Personally, I'm fine with such an outcome, but I know plenty of Trump voters who are old, sick, and sure did seem to love their welfare health care they were getting from the ACA.

I come here for the tears. It never fails to disappoint. Thanks guys!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Actually, a full ACA repeal could be a problem. If there's no reinstatement of a mandate to cover those with pre-existing conditions, which was popular, then a lot of people will see their health insurance costs go up dramatically. Personally, I'm fine with such an outcome, but I know plenty of Trump voters who are old, sick, and sure did seem to love their welfare health care they were getting from the ACA.
    My premiums went from just a hair under 7k per year for my family to over 21k this year for a worse plan.....Pretty fucking heinous. THAT BEING SAID a full repeal of obamacare is stupid and I really dont think that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    I come here for the tears. It never fails to disappoint. Thanks guys!

- - - Updated - - -

My premiums went from just a hair under 7k per year for my family to over 21k this year for a worse plan.....Pretty fucking heinous. THAT BEING SAID a full repeal of obamacare is stupid and I really dont think that will happen.
    Providing your own entertainment? brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Providing your own entertainment? brilliant.
    Huh? I simply gave evidence of Obamacare fucking me over. How is that checks your profile location...never mind not worth my time.

Huh? I simply gave evidence of Obamacare fucking me over. How is that checks your profile location...never mind not worth my time.
    My location does not change the irony in your post.

From what I've read, he mostly wants the investigations to focus on the states where he lost the popular vote, because of course that's where the illegal votes are coming from, and by his metrics (people who are registered to vote in two states) his top advisor Bannon and his own daughter count as "illegal voters".

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    My location does not change the irony in your post.
    That daft huh? Go figure.

Voter fraud is an issue that needs to be tackled. I am sure there was fraud on both sides, and doing what you can to stop it is a good thing. Should be Bi Partisan support for it, but politics is politics.

That daft huh? Go figure.
    Ah, insults instead of arguments, I'm sure you must be very proud of your new President.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Voter fraud is an issue that needs to be tackled. I am sure there was fraud on both sides, and doing what you can to stop it is a good thing. Should be Bi Partisan support for it, but politics is politics.
    It's not being fought against because previous investigations turned up that it happens but it's such an extreme statistical minority of votes that it's not worth overhauling the whole system to combat.

If you want to combat voter fraud, then give every citizen a free national ID to vote with. The problem is that states don't want to do that. In fact, some states have already been caught and are involved in legal battles over the claim of fraud being used to push voter suppression efforts by targeting minorities and only allowing IDs that they're the most unlikely to possess.

You won't see any opposition to a free national voting ID, but good luck getting state legislators to agree. They'd rather fraud remain as this boogeyman they can use to justify attempts to rig the system. Trump is just going off about it because his ego.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Caligula didn't last long, though. And they found a reasonable replacement for him, probably the only sane emperor of that dynasty. (Other than Augustus, who was a fucking genius.)
    Christ, that means that if we follow in Roman footsteps, the guy that will replace Trump's replacement will be a Nero.
    Rip