Question Question about Legendary Chest

Hi all,

Quick question. Yesterday I was lucky and received my 2nd piece of Legendary: the chest Achor, the Eternal Hunger (sorry I'm not allowed to post links yet).

At the beginning I was not very happy because the night before I got the Tier 19 chest from Normal NH. Also because the passive of this Legendary is not very tempting from the dps stand of point. But after simulating in Mr Robot I got that indeed the piece is extremely powerful due to the stats.

The question I have is that since I just have 1 piece of Tier (the chest) the Legendary is good, but if I got a second piece and gain the 2 piece bonus, does the Legendary is not useful anymore and makes more sense equipping the T19 chest + 2nd part?

Thanks and sorry if my question is stupid.
    Cheers and thanks for your time!

I was lucky and received my 2nd piece of Legendary: the chest Achor, the Eternal Hunger
    Lucky doesn't fit into Achor

It's good as item due the ilvl and stats but it's shit as legendary. Getting 2pc will probably give you more dps than this (especially when you don't have the aothg) but you should sim yourself to see if that's the true.

Quote Originally Posted by Naaz View Post
    Lucky doesn't fit into Achor

It's good as item due the ilvl and stats but it's shit as legendary. Getting 2pc will probably give you more dps than this (especially when you don't have the aothg) but you should sim yourself to see if that's the true.
    LOL well yes, but imagine the first legendary was Pridaz....so definitely the RNG God is not my best friend hahahaha

Thanks a lot for your reply. Right now MR Robot says my DPS goes up almost 100k so I will use it and will sim back if I get a 2nd piece of T19.

you get 100K dps from just 1 chest piece? that doesn't have a dps increase effect?
    I wouldn't trust mister robot that much.

Have you tried siming your char with simc?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    you get 100K dps from just 1 chest piece? that doesn't have a dps increase effect?
    I wouldn't trust mister robot that much.

Have you tried siming your char with simc?
    To be completely honest with you I tried to sim with simulationcraft but I really dont understand how it works. When the program takes the data of my character from Bnet I dont know how to change gear to make the simulation with a gear I dont have equipped.

I would really appreciate if you help me with that.
    Thanks!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirimdir View Post
    To be completely honest with you I tried to sim with simulationcraft but I really dont understand how it works. When the program takes the data of my character from Bnet I dont know how to change gear to make the simulation with a gear I dont have equipped.

I would really appreciate if you help me with that.
    Thanks!
    Download Simulationcraft Addon.

type /simc
    copy the text
    paste it in an empty tab (you don't need the rotation stuff, this is generated automatically)
    simulate

Change gearset and redo it, no need to rely on import.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    Download Simulationcraft Addon.

type /simc
    copy the text
    paste it in an empty tab (you don't need the rotation stuff, this is generated automatically)
    simulate

Change gearset and redo it, no need to rely on import.
    Thanks a lot! very clear and simple.

If you want to do a comparison on the same report (and I wish someone spelled this out like this to me way back) here's the format.

Do the standard import.

Scroll down on the SIMULATE tab down to where it shows your gear. (in this example I'll sim different chests)

Cut everything from after the chest= to the end of the line and replace with empty [line will read chest=empty instead of chest=achor_the_eternal_hunger,id=137014,bonus_id=1811 (that's the 910 legendary though cause I'm not upgrading mine unless I have to...but you get the idea)

now at the VERY BOTTOM of this Simulate page list the items you want to compare like this:

copy=achor_the_eternal_hunger [you don't have to name it the item...just don't have spaces in the name]
    chest=achor_the_eternal_hunger,id=137014,bonus_id=1811 [we cut this a minute ago, you can paste it in now]
    copy=Normal_Tier_Chest [see...I just named it what I wanted]
    chest=tunic_of_second_sight,id=138376,bonus_id=0 [can get this info from wowhead from the URL, just set your iLevel bonuses and such then look at the URL]

And that's it...now just Sim it as usual.

You can do those copy=/chest= lines for every item if you want and when you get done you'll have that report showing the different bars with the name being the copy=. That's how they do the trinkets and such.

That's basic comparison...relics are a pain, but once you get the foundation, you can do it for everything...you can even compare APL's if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    If you want to do a comparison on the same report (and I wish someone spelled this out like this to me way back) here's the format.

Do the standard import.

Scroll down on the SIMULATE tab down to where it shows your gear. (in this example I'll sim different chests)

Cut everything from after the chest= to the end of the line and replace with empty [line will read chest=empty instead of chest=achor_the_eternal_hunger,id=137014,bonus_id=1811 (that's the 910 legendary though cause I'm not upgrading mine unless I have to...but you get the idea)

now at the VERY BOTTOM of this Simulate page list the items you want to compare like this:

copy=achor_the_eternal_hunger [you don't have to name it the item...just don't have spaces in the name]
    chest=achor_the_eternal_hunger,id=137014,bonus_id=1811 [we cut this a minute ago, you can paste it in now]
    copy=Normal_Tier_Chest [see...I just named it what I wanted]
    chest=tunic_of_second_sight,id=138376,bonus_id=0 [can get this info from wowhead from the URL, just set your iLevel bonuses and such then look at the URL]

And that's it...now just Sim it as usual.

You can do those copy=/chest= lines for every item if you want and when you get done you'll have that report showing the different bars with the name being the copy=. That's how they do the trinkets and such.

That's basic comparison...relics are a pain, but once you get the foundation, you can do it for everything...you can even compare APL's if you want.
    Wow, I will try it out when I get home.
    Thanks a lot!