Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahha.. WHAT? that is too thin?

Well I guess when you compare it the the average Tumblr Whale it makes sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feminists that worry about shit like this don't understand what feminism is.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I've not actually seen this, I've seen plenty of Trump Youth bitching about these people, but I've not actually seen the original bitching to be bitched about. There may have been, but it has absolutely nothing to do with what's gone on here. It's like the out of character Tracer pose all over again, rewriting the narrative to attack feminism essentially.
    Not really anything to do with that. It's to do with the fact that the start of the controversy was with people bitching about how thin she was where it originated.

Then the actual bug was shown and one or the other was denied to have happened when both are true.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    She is wearing an arctic jacket on one picture and a skin-tight party suit on the other.

Wonder why she seems thinner....
    This, exactly. She has a giant fur coat on in the left. So obvious.

Mei is legit bugged. Look at her Hands on Hips pose, they don't actually even touch her hips, and just kinda float there. No need for people to OUTRAGE though. I mean, this has happened before.

Remember in WoW when Blizzard made Orc shoulder armor too small?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruderic View Post
    When's my morbidly obese landwhale char coming?
    What, Roadhog isn't big enough for you?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Mei is legit bugged. Look at her Hands on Hips pose, they don't actually even touch her hips, and just kinda float there. No need for people to OUTRAGE though. I mean, this has happened before.

Remember in WoW when Blizzard made Orc shoulder armor too small?

What, Roadhog isn't big enough for you?
    Roadhog is "normal" in terms of fat percentage and fatness when it comes to feminists lol.

Deleted
    Yeah, wrong gender and he doesn't quite look Jabba enough. At least give me something roughly similar to the Michelin tyre mascot!

Deleted
    Blizzard said it was a bug, so let's accept that it was a bug and not some sjw conspiracy. As has already been pointed out in this thread there are quite obvious graphical issues with the new skins, especially with certain poses (whilst in the hands on hips pose her hands don't actually touch her hips with the lunar skins).

As for why people complained in the first place - Blizzard has said time and time again that they want overwatch to be a game with a focus on diversity and representing as much of their playerbase as possible. That includes body types. Along with Zarya, Mei is really the only female character with a significantly different body type. People have enjoyed that representation and seen themselves in mei. So it's perfectly understandable that they were a little miffed to see mei suddenly have a skinny waist but still keep the big boobs and ass.

The trailer for the event seems to show what the new skins should look like - slightly smaller than usual without that big coat, but still a bit chubby. She represents a more average body type. Something which imo is dearly needed in the media as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Blizzard said it was a bug, so let's accept that it was a bug and not some sjw conspiracy. As has already been pointed out in this thread there are quite obvious graphical issues with the new skins, especially with certain poses (whilst in the hands on hips pose her hands don't actually touch her hips with the lunar skins).

As for why people complained in the first place - Blizzard has said time and time again that they want overwatch to be a game with a focus on diversity and representing as much of their playerbase as possible. That includes body types. Along with Zarya, Mei is really the only female character with a significantly different body type. People have enjoyed that representation and seen themselves in mei. So it's perfectly understandable that they were a little miffed to see mei suddenly have a skinny waist but still keep the big boobs and ass.

The trailer for the event seems to show what the new skins should look like - slightly smaller than usual without that big coat, but still a bit chubby. She represents a more average body type. Something which imo is dearly needed in the media as a whole.
    I agree with most of your post but.... Damn man, chubby is not average. I don't know where you're from but at least here this defo isn't the case.

Oh wait. Chubby is average in NA LUL

Jokes aside, I don't know man, but maybe go outside some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    All that running around shooting in the first season made her lose weight. Immersion.

Second one looks idiotic. Not skinny, just looks like some kind of dumb Asian hipster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I agree with most of your post but.... Damn man, chubby is not average. I don't know where you're from but at least here this defo isn't the case.

I'd say the average woman is more likely to have mei's body type than they are mercy's, regardless of how healthy that is. Although you know a healthy body type is not just restricted to being 100 pounds right? Chubby =/= unhealthy. It's when you get into the extreme end that things become objectively unhealthy. There's nothing wrong with having a body type like mei (her body as seen in the year of the rooster trailer).

Personally she looks about the same, when you have thicker clothing vs form fitting clothes of course your gonna look slimmer.

Don't worry, they'll flip once again when they discover she's a transgender or something, just like they did with Tracer.

Deleted
    As a feminist I think I can confer that I care not iota about this issue and agree that in one, Mei is wearing furs, the other she is wearing silk. I have Mei's approximate figure, and that is exactly how clothing works on me.

if anything they're moaning that she has an hourglass figure, as someone who has one, bite my big arse and get over yourselves.

Stop interviewing internet feminists with nothing better to do than moan about made up transgressions on the internet, they're bored angry people.

Being fat is unhealthy when do people push that image so much?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Storing crap in a hole is pretty easy and efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Depends on your definition of fat, for some Mei is fat... for others she isn't. Either way, her waist is too small in that ... it is an error in the programming that was overlooked.
    By most standards, she's definitely overweight. Maybe on the edge of obese.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Sometimes I wonder what Mei's actual physique is under those heavy winter clothing...
    1. To satisfy my curiousity
    2. To get accurate artwork and 3D fan models of her
    3. To end the debate of her size once and for all

I wouldn't mind if Blizzard released some kind of model sheet or comic page of what she look like in regular clothing.

but I want that ass that I can put a table top of and eat my lunch on.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post

I find most of the body types in Overwatch to be pretty good. Barring outliers like Roadhog/Torb/Rein/Winston, they all show healthy fit body types. Nothing disproportionate like a barbie doll or something. Mei is definitely overweight, but that's okay since she's a scientist that probably doesn't do much all day physically. Mercy/Symmetra are more along the lines of a curvy healthy. They have hips/waists but not rolls of fat. Tracer/D.Va/Widow have the slim fit look going on. Zarya comes in with hyper-athletic. Pharah you can't really tell to be honest, and Ana is fine for an old lady.

The guys are similar, muscle soldiers in soldier 76 and reaper, fit/active in mccree/young genji/young hanzo, and just generally healthy in Lucio/older hanzo/junkrat. (Besides the missing limbs :P)
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis