Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    U.S. President Donald Trump wants a new 20 percent tax on all imports from Mexico to pay for a wall on the southern U.S. border, White House spokesman Sean Spicer told reporters .
    A very hefty tax percentage on literally all imports from Mexico. He is going full apeshit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Right. I believe Germany and France will exit the EU or completely reform it kicking out nations like Greece. In turn, they will open up trade with the US. I fully expect an improved alliance between the US, UK and Australia. With many nations signing up to join.
    Trump doesn't want anymore bilateral trade deals, he stated this again today. Also the EU reform / collapsing would take a very long time to deal with and recover from no one would know for sure the outcome. That is a lot of wishful thinking here especially with Trump taking turns pissing everyone off, but the short and long of it is in this situation Europe has to worry about itself first.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Especially if said American voted for Trump.
    A couple of things:
    1. America didn't vote for Trump
    2. Any America that voted against Trump when the choice was Clinton was FULLY aware of the reality of Trump
    3. Don't attack Americans citizenry as a whole for what is fundamentally a failure of their systems.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, it is not a problem for China. 1.1 trillion is a very small price to pay, to have your currency be the default currency of the world. The fact that remaining 18+ trillion are owed to American citizens or to the US government it self, would literally be 18 times worse for Americans.
    As far as i can tell they currently aren´t anywhere near to becoming the number two in world reserve currency.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Trump doesn't want anymore bilateral trade deals, he stated this again today.
    This is how you end up with no trade deals at all. If countries aren't getting something out of the deal they won't sign up for it. America has nothing they can't get elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    A very hefty tax percentage on literally all imports from Mexico. He is going full apeshit.

RIP trade with Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Indeed, just now - one of his close staff has declared all out war on the entire US media ... telling them to 'shut up and listen for a while'...

What is surprising me is not how much crap he is causing - just how fast it is happening.

I'd made the false assumption that as a businessman he would read agreements he signed before signing them, however - his lawyers can't check the language of presidential orders - so he signs them without knowing what they really do.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Do you really think Europe would abandon the US? You're from Sweden so I know you're from a country that relies on alternative facts to keep its population from overthrowing its government, but the US is all that matters. France and Germany will follow Britain very soon and the rest of you will follow suit too because you have no other choice. You think because you have a vote in the UN your country has an equal saying in the world. It doesn't.
    Yes, they would. US's power relies on our consumerism. If US starts empowering China, by it replacing US in trade deals, US has nothing to fall back on. Giving Mexico to China is stupid as it can possibly get. Nearly as stupid as not realizing the power having the UN grants US, is part of what gives US it's international reach. Getting rid of it, doesn't give US an advantage, as the only superpower left, withdrawing makes us weaker, not stronger.

We are not Germany in 1930s, our standing in UN grants us a lot of power. We are not being oppressed by League of Nations without a word in the mater. The UN headquarters are in NYC, we are the UN...

I understand if Russia or China wanted to dissolve the UN, but US doing it, is not just cutting off your own nose... it's sticking it up your own ass while you are at it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

This is where China invites the Mexican President instead, I bet they'd be willing to invest alot of money at Mexico for a port.

And frankly, Mexico is not unimportant for the US as an export market, killing relations with China and Mexico is utterly stupid, its your 3rd and 4th largest trading partners.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2017-01-26 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    This is where China invites the Mexican President instead, I bet they'd be willing to throw alot of money at Mexico for a port.
    China is VERY forward thinking - check out Chinese investment in Africa. That's the long haul style.
    China is also being considered by a few as a replacement for the US in the TPP.

Australia is heavily dependent on China for trade, and may, within a few years - have to decide between the US and China 'security and trade blocs', which up to this point wasn't a required choice.

This is where China invites the Mexican President instead, I bet they'd be willing to throw alot of money at Mexico for a port.
    They're building a canal in Nicaragua to bypass the Panama canal. I'm sure they'd love a port or 2 in Mexico. Maybe one in the Pacific and one in the Atlantic.

What the fuck is happening in trumps head? How can he do something so batshit insane? Is he mad or something?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They're building a canal in Nicaragua to bypass the Panama canal. I'm sure they'd love a port or 2 in Mexico. Maybe one in the Pacific and one in the Atlantic.
    That thing is on halt as far as i´m aware.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Well, china is already establishing relations in peru and chile so yay US
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    What the fuck is happening in trumps head? How can he do something so batshit insane? Is he mad or something?
    Yes. He thinks he can bully nations into creating 1 sided trade deals with the US when no sane leader would ever sign onto a trade deal that did not benefit their nation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Well, china is already establishing relations in peru and chile so yay US
    China will be the new superpower.

Deleted
    As Trump wants Mexico to pay his bulwark of racism, i would look for new partners ASAP.

China wants to create a new global trade power. Lets join them.

And there's not a whole lot the US can do about it if the relations to Mexico is ruined, it's no different than US ports near China. Not sure if he expects Mexico to succumb to his demands, the US wouldnt even if it were the lesser power.

And there's not a whole lot the US can do about it if the relations to Mexico is ruined, it's no different than US ports near China. Not sure if he expects Mexico to succumb to his demands, the US wouldnt even if it were the lesser power.
    There's no reason for Mexico to accept the demands. There's no benefit in it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    As Trump wants Mexico to pay his bulwark of racism, i would look for new partners ASAP.

China wants to create a new global trade power. Lets join them.
    He really is kicking the door open wide for China, the guy is taking the piss on everyone but Russia, it's as if he wants the EU and China to get better relations.

Deleted
    Oh, they started on that one too? The original plan for the Atlantic-Pacific Canal was in Nicaragua but it was abandoned due to some problems and built in Panama, have they returned to the idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    China is VERY forward thinking - check out Chinese investment in Africa. That's the long haul style.
    Aren't they ripping the continent apart for its resources? Or did i misread something?