Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    If you negligently cause harm to another party, why shouldn't you owe them restitution?
    File a law suit.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    File a law suit.
    That's often the process. Then your insurance company defends you and pays out a judgement. Why wouldn't you want your company to defend you? You want to pay out of pocket for that?
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    That's often the process. Then your insurance company defends you and pays out a judgement. Why wouldn't you want your company to defend you? You want to pay out of pocket for that?
    I prefer true no fault insurance. If I get in an accident, my insurance pays for my car, and your insurance pays for your car. Straight up. My insurance paying for both of our cars I find silly.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer true no fault insurance. If I get in an accident, my insurance pays for my car, and your insurance pays for your car. Straight up. My insurance paying for both of our cars I find silly.
    I understand some of the reasoning behind no-fault insurance, but I don't like it. If you cause me harm, then you should pay. It's the cornerstone of our legal system.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I have full coverage from Geico, 100/300/100 with $0 deductible.
    Not bad!!!!!

I understand some of the reasoning behind no-fault insurance, but I don't like it. If you cause me harm, then you should pay. It's the cornerstone of our legal system.
    idk it has a lot of benefit too. Lower premium, faster settlements. Everyone gets what's fair. Some places even will fly your family to see you. Your often can sue over certain thresholds too. Plus it frees up the courts too.
    Last edited by Ayla; 2017-01-26 at 07:40 PM.

I pay $160 a month for a 2013 Hyundai Elantra.

I really do hate living in NJ for financial reasons.
    That's pretty terrible, that's higher than I paid when I was single in my 20's.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's your fault the accident occurred, why should the person you hit be responsible to pay for your negligence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Yeah I'm excited. Also Male, which probably contributes. I don't have any at-fault accidents on my record too.

I'm thinking about shopping for better Insurance though, with State Farm now.

Anyone here use USAA?
    My really cheap (well, really cheap for a sports car) insurance is through State Farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    You wouldnt want hourly insurance coverage for only when you drive because when youre not driving you can still have your car damaged by weather, falling trees, uninsured drivers, asteroids, vandals, etc... that you need to be covered for
    I somewhat assume that hourly would have to be liability only, which means if any of those things happened, it wouldn't cover them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    one big question: why the fuck do you use a car for 3 miles to work? walk, use a bike, a skateboard, or even a moped if u are extremely lazy. Lol. U think so much about sparing insurance money for a car that u dont even need.
    People really underestimate what 3 miles is. That's 40min-1hr walking. Sure, I agree with the bike thing, though, as 3mi on a bike isn't too terrible, assuming no crazy SF uphill stuff.
    Personally, I never agreed with my insurance paying for other people's medical bills, or their auto repairs. But that is just my opinion.
    Sure you did. By getting a driver's license. Pretty much every state requires you to have liability insurance that pays for other people's medical bills and property damage that you might cause.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Statefarm is great if you have a good driving record and above the age of 25. A history of insurance and good crrdit help a lot too.
    Problem I've had with State Farm is their management structure can be a HEADACHE. How good the service is completely depends on the local agent...and I've had really shitty local Agents. Like one messed up our autopay somehow, and when we noticed our insurance had already been lapsed and canceled for 60 days. Not one single letter in the mail about it, not one phone call, not one email.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Yeah I'm excited. Also Male, which probably contributes. I don't have any at-fault accidents on my record too.

I'm thinking about shopping for better Insurance though, with State Farm now.

Anyone here use USAA?
    I've had USAA, and i gotta say their customer service is Godlike. At least for my experience. I'm switching to banking with them now, never let me down. And they have way more digital management tools for your accounts than most banks. And if you do need to call, you can ask them to call you rather than wait with elevator music for an hour and phone menus.

I pay about a 120 a month for a mersades. You getting took.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't this support speeding then? And would be detrimental to the sales of electric self-driving cars, since they're all about safety.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Problem I've had with State Farm is their management structure can be a HEADACHE. How good the service is completely depends on the local agent...and I've had really shitty local Agents. Like one messed up our autopay somehow, and when we noticed our insurance had already been lapsed and canceled for 60 days. Not one single letter in the mail about it, not one phone call, not one email.

- - - Updated - - -

I've had USAA, and i gotta say their customer service is Godlike. At least for my experience. I'm switching to banking with them now, never let me down. And they have way more digital management tools for your accounts than most banks. And if you do need to call, you can ask them to call you rather than wait with elevator music for an hour and phone menus.
    You're absolutely right, local agents can be a double edged sword, if you have a good one, they are wonderful at providing you a great service with a fair price, if you have a shitty one...well, that sucks for you.

You can actually change agents using their website, or if you call the customer service line, they can give you the number for their service to change agents.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Fault states are awful and stressful as hell specially if the claimant files through their own carrier and they subro, they often sue the at fault insured to put pressure on the insurance by wasting money on legal fees to defend the insured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.