Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    OK, around half support it and that half should be fine with paying for it.
    No, they wouldn't be fine with paying for it. Trump supporters voted for Trump in part because he told them that Mexico would pay for it. Trump supporters do not want to pay for the wall.

The Dems aren't going to be happy to pay for anything that's not a social service. so if you're a Dem, just pretend you tax money is for a Social Service and Repubs can pretend their tax money went for the wall. A win win
    This is factually incorrect. Democrats support plenty of spending on a huge variety of things, many of which have nothing to do with social services.

Literally nothing about your post is remotely accurate to reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are the items that will have to go over the wall now.

Top 10 US Imports from Mexico

Mexico's exports to the US amounted to
    $297.5 billion or 12.9% of its overall imports.

1. Vehicles: $74.9 billion
    2. Electronic equipment: $62.9 billion
    3. Machinery: $49 billion
    4. Oil: $14 billion
    5. Medical, technical equipment: $12.2 billion
    6. Furniture, lighting, signs: $10.8 billion
    7. Vegetables: $5.5 billion
    8. Fruits, nuts: $5.4 billion
    9. Gems, precious metals: $5.1 billion
    10. Plastics: $4.8 billion

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Not in an invasion of Mexico. No way would Canada send troops except to aid the Mexicans.
    We refused Iraq and somehow we would accept to go to war with Mexico. Sounds legit. USA has no bargaining chips to force Canada into a war anyway. Our border is so big no wall can be made lol. Also 35 of their states have Canada has their biggest trade partner. So any economical sanction against Canada is recession for a huge chunk of the US.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-01-27 at 12:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some words from the retiring Border Protection Chief: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=44978156

Kerlikowske said that supporters of the wall are missing the real issue when it comes to the immigration inflows that they are concerned about.

“[Immigrants] can come right up to our ports of entry. All our ports of entry, of course, are open. That’s where we have our commerce,” he told ABC News’ Brian Ross. “People can come up to those ports of entry, as they are doing now, and turn themselves in and ask for whatever laws they feel will protect them.”
    So if, according to the guy who probably knows more about it than anyone else, the border in itself is not the problem, but the (I assume) flawed border-passing legislation, what fucking use is that wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post

So if, according to the guy who probably knows more about it than anyone else, the border in itself is not the problem, but the (I assume) flawed border-passing legislation, what fucking use is that wall?
    It'd be a large and enduring monument to Trump. So, that essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Gotta admit this is great, all the liberals on this site were saying "Trump fooled you! He's not going to build a wall!" You couldn't say shit to these people lol, and now it's great seeing their responses when they find out that the wall is going up, and yes, Mexico will be paying for it.
    The funny part is from you trumpettees that dont understand how basic economics works in the real world (prize elasticity), and think that the burden of the tariff will fall 100% on the mexican side
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Yeah they can stop trading with the US and lose a shit load of money lol. China has it's own cheap labor, not to mention it's close to other countries that can provide cheap products as well. If they don't build the wall, they will be paying a lot more.
    China does not have cheap labor its already cheaper to manufacture in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, they wouldn't be fine with paying for it. Trump supporters voted for Trump in part because he told them that Mexico would pay for it. Trump supporters do not want to pay for the wall.

This is factually incorrect. Democrats support plenty of spending on a huge variety of things, many of which have nothing to do with social services.

Literally nothing about your post is remotely accurate to reality.
    I said "should be fine" with it. Meaning, if we, the US Citizens, wind up paying for the wall, then tough luck on our part. I'm for the wall in terms of better border security. While I get that it doesn't mean it will actually be better, most all that want the wall say it's to secure our border. Before there was Trump, there was complaints about the lack of border security and the cries to tighten the security have been around a while. Trump, like any other politician over promised on who's going to pay for it (or how how much it will cost) no surprise, but nothing to see here.

Yes, a little tongue in cheek about Dems only supporting Social Service and Repubs only supporting stuff like the wall. I don't know that it's that far from reality. If you have to choose between expanding a military base in Nebraska or using the money for Plan Parenthoods prenatal care how do you think the lines would split on how to spend the money?
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-27 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    China does not have cheap labor its already cheaper to manufacture in Mexico
    I think most Trump drones think china is the same as it was in the 40-50s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    My favourite part about this response is that you clipped the majority of my post out and then made it seem like you had to explain several of the things that were already contained in it.
    So you used a bad analogy...on purpose? Okay then.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Well he is doing a lot of executive orders, I guess he took a page from Obama's playbook. Excluding that he's backed by republicans so he might as well be in power.
    Doesn't Obama over the course of the years have like the lowest amount of executive orders since the late 1800s?

I said "should be fine" with it. Meaning, if we, the US Citizens, wind up paying for the wall, then tough luck on our part. I'm for the wall in terms of better border security. While I get that it doesn't mean it will actually be better, most all that want the wall say it's to secure our border. Before there was Trump, there was complaints about the lack of border security and the cries to tighten the security have been around a while. Trump, like any other politician over promised on who's going to pay for it (or how how much it will cost) no surprise, but nothing to see here.

Yes, a little tongue in cheek about Dems only supporting Social Service and Repubs only supporting stuff like the wall, I don't know that it's that far from reality. If you have to choose between expanding a military base in Nebraska or using the money for Plan Parenthoods prenatel care how do you think the lines would split on how to spend the money?
    It's strange.

Democrats want to spend money to benefit the citizens of the US while Republicans want to spend money jacking off over large military bases and walls that help no one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Doesn't Obama over the course of the years have like the lowest amount of executive orders since the late 1800s?
    Yes, he did not issue anywhere near as many as Republicans accuse him of.

Yes, a little tongue in cheek about Dems only supporting Social Service and Repubs only supporting stuff like the wall, I don't know that it's that far from reality. If you have to choose between expanding a military base in Nebraska or using the money for Plan Parenthoods prenatel care how do you think the lines would split on how to spend the money?
    Why not both? One helps your citizen scan for stuff like breast cancers. The other could also be useful if the military base actually needs it. The only difference between the two is that the first one has a higher risk of being a waste, the second one is always active and useful.

This is the end result of Trump and his insistence on being alpha baboon over making sensible policy. The Mexican government isn't particularly savvy or popular at home, a bit of disingenuous sweet talk could easily lure them into agreeing to terms that would benefit us immensely at their expense. But because of Trump's insistence on making the process as humiliating and demeaning as possible, this has triggered their admittedly overblown sense of national pride which is going to make this whole process much more painful than it needs to be.

I said "should be fine" with it. Meaning, if we, the US Citizens, wind up paying for the wall, then tough luck on our part.
    No, we shouldn't "be fine" with it if we end up paying for it. Trump promised Mexico would pay, and if it ends up that US taxpayers pay for it I hope to hell his supporters take the streets.

It's not "touch luck", it would be Trump yet again, lying.

I'm for the wall in terms of better border security. While I get that it doesn't mean it will actually be better, most all that want the wall say it's to secure our border.
    That doesn't mean it will actually secure shit, which is the issue. It's a nice psychological security blanket, but it's unlikely to have much of an impact.

And that doesn't get around all the legal and technical hurdles of actually building it, as there are tons of challenges associated with land ownership, terrain, etc.

Before there was Trump, there was complaints about the lack of border security and the cries to tighten the security have been around a while. Trump, like any other politician over promised on who's going to pay for it (or how how much it will cost) no surprise, but nothing to see here.
    Yes, and there are still thousands of unfilled openings for Border Patrol agents, in addition to money that's still being spent on fencing parts of the border either digitally (security cameras etc.) or with actual physical fences.

Trump is proposing something entirely different.

What would be benefit of expanding a military base in Nebraska? What strategic use would it be? Is it deemed a security necessity? Would that money be better spent on security interests elsewhere?

Your hypothetical is silly to the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Why not both? One helps your citizen scan for stuff like breast cancers. The other could also be useful if the military base actually needs it. The only difference between the two is that the first one has a higher risk of being a waste, the second one is always active and useful.
    Sure we have unlimited money, let's just do both!

Yes, and there are still thousands of unfilled openings for Border Patrol agents, in addition to money that's still being spent on fencing parts of the border either digitally (security cameras etc.) or with actual physical fences.

Trump is proposing something entirely different.
    He did also sign for 5000 more border patrol to be added.

Your hypothetical is silly to the extreme.
    Pick whatever you want to be in place of the Military base expansion. You're trying to be dismissive that the two parties don't have differences in what's important. So you pick the topic and I'll guess the political split. I mean do we not have Govt shutdowns because the 2 parties argue over how to spend the money?
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-27 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cucultlan View Post
    you have the idea that the US is the superpower he used to be, which is not, yeah we have no the army because it wasn't needed thanks that we are not warmongers as true neutrals (only aided with 1 battalion on World War 2). And you are ignoring the fact that China does have a good army as the rest of the World, and wth taht instigation of war you are only hurting your economy or any chance to get any trade aggreement out there on any ONU supporter country.

Your only allies per se right now will be the Canadians, thanks that the rest of America hates you, Europe its going to move until the War will be on advanced state, you will suffer a more frecuent terrorist acts thanks to your focus on war and the no help from Mexico. Since you like to revive the 11/Sep too much it seems.
    China and North Korea will be on war, probabbly draggin South Korea with them, Japan will be absent until have some kind of repercution on his territory.

And remeber you went on war with Vietnam and loses there, you are not invencible as you want to see yourself.

I think you need to brush up on your knowledge. the USA is still MANY times more powerful then China and any other country in the world. If the planet was onje continent unbroken by water, we might be in trouble, but its not. We are the only country ON EARTH who has the ability to attack someone else over seas with a large force. Nobody else has a strong carrier fleet, or a strong navy, or bases on other continents.

The USA pulled out of Vietnam. It was a very unpopular war, a war not even I agree with. The solders did not want to fight it, and the people at home did not want it. Our Generals had their hands tied behind their back "you cant do this, cant do that" If it had been no holds bared, we would have easily won.

We don't care if South America doesn't like us. That's like telling an Lion "that group of mice doesn't like you" Does the Lion care? South America is barely ahead of Africa in terms of being weak and poor.

The majority of Americans WOULD support a war with Mexico IF they became aggressive and started allowing China to move forces there. We would sink China's navy, because they would have no air support over here, and crush Mexico with ease. Have you looked at your army? Its very weak. You have almost no interceptor fighters vs the worlds largest and most powerful airforce. No heavy bombers, no tanks, and few anti tank weapons. You would be swept away in weeks, with your only option being partisan fighting.

Sure we have unlimited money, let's just do both!
    I was not aware your military budget shared with healthcare. No wonder you guys got such s huge debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    The majority of Americans WOULD support a war with Mexico IF they became aggressive and started allowing China to move forces there.
    No they wouldn't. Only Trumptards would support it and they're blind imbeciles who would support anything Trump does.

Pick whatever you want to be in place of the Military base expansion. You're trying to be dismissive that the two parties don't have differences in what's important. So you pick the topic and I'll guess the political split. I mean do we not have Govt shutdowns because the 2 parties argue over how to spend the money?
    They do have differences, but I'd hope that each would be able to recognize when something takes priority. And I'd like to think that most Democrats, while they're not big fans of defense spending, would be fine with providing additional funds for a strategically important military base. Would they rather expand funding to a group like Planned Parenthood instead? Sure, you bet! But your hypothetical is far too vague and creates an artificial conflict in a vacuum.

And no, we have government shut downs because some Republicans, specifically Ted Cruz, like to throw temper tantrums, and then try to pretend like it wasn't their fault.

I agree we need both parties to compromise and work together more, but let's not pretend that they've acted equally as shitty lately, shall we?