Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    Getting the first tint is supposed to be pretty challenging. If that is true, then I am 100% cool with unlocking additional tints being relatively easy.
    I really doubt it. Challenge nowdays is translated to "i don't have enough gear yet, i'll come back in a few weeks". Brawlers guild for example. I was somewhat proud I completed it with 872 ilvl because the DPS requirement was too tight. For those with 890+ though it was just trivial. If they want to make something trully challenging they need to make a scenario with fixed stats like it works in PvP. For once make something that some people WILL NEVER get if they don't have the skill for it. I'm just tired of gear>skill. I know it's how the game is supposed to work but come on..

The thing that comes closer to mind is the old Challenge Mode but even then some items (blademaster trinket + agility coin) made it too easy. I can only hope they do it like that but in the end it's gonna be another boss you can trivialise with gear.

There's already a lot of shit that the vast majority of people are never going to get. The real joke here is the idea that grinding out 10,000 world quests is somehow based on mastery of a spec.

Get over yourself. People that constantly feel the need to set themselves apart from plebs/commoners/whatever are some of the most insufferable people on this earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I thought this stuff was supposed to be about personal mastery? We have a raid weapon, we have a pvp one, we have a general content one. This was supposed to be about personal skill. Why cant it be like:

Tint 2: Complete all Brawl Guild Challenge Cards
    Tint 3: Achieve Endless Proving Ground Gold
    Tiny 4: Defeat every Broken Shore rare mob

Tying the tints to group content seems entirely counter productive. Above is content that anyone can do, but needs a certain degree of dedication and/or player skill to accomplish.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Yes the end game is raiding. I'm sorry you should probably find another game that the end game isn't raiding...

If you don't like it

Go
    Find
    Another
    Game
    Thank you for proving my point.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I thought this stuff was supposed to be about personal mastery? We have a raid weapon, we have a pvp one, we have a general content one. This was supposed to be about personal skill. Why cant it be like:

Tying the tints to group content seems entirely counter productive.
    Yeah, this would make more sense.

And for the OP, you already have to prove you can use your class to GET the skin in the first place, there's no reason to put different colors behind proving other people know how to play their class at the top difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    give raiders more stuff. typical blizzard.
    2 raid skins
    1 raid skin, 1 PvP skin, 1 easy/freebie skin for casual players. I don't really see a problem here. Is there another section of players I'm forgetting? Diehard pet-battlers maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Irelia View Post
    The thing that comes closer to mind is the old Challenge Mode but even then some items (blademaster trinket + agility coin) made it too easy. I can only hope they do it like that but in the end it's gonna be another boss you can trivialise with gear.
    Some of the quests for rogue legendary had sections where it was all about class mechanics and not damage, in which case if you were ass at moving and using the rogue toolbox your only option was to git gud because gear wouldn't help. This is what I'm personally hoping for.

In contrast, Black Harvest for warlocks wasn't designed as well. You had to be somewhat decent but it was definitely something where gear made it much easier.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    +20 mythic dungeon? You think Blizzard wants only like 10 people to get that one done? Get out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.
    No point was proven except your own entitlement.

I like the first two suggestions, but I'm not sure about the 4th.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    +20 mythic dungeon? You think Blizzard wants only like 10 people to get that one done? Get out of here.
    10 people with the right legendaries*

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Some of the quests for rogue legendary had sections where it was all about class mechanics and not damage, in which case if you were ass at moving and using the rogue toolbox your only option was to git gud because gear wouldn't help. This is what I'm personally hoping for.

In contrast, Black Harvest for warlocks wasn't designed as well. You had to be somewhat decent but it was definitely something where gear made it much easier.
    Rogue legendary you could easily outgear just as much as the warlock one. Saying you had to use a specific ability at a specific point didn't really make it any different.

Deleted
    there will be enough prestige in killing mythic kiljaeden or mythic raiding anyways. no need to add an artifact tint to the mythic only mount and title. If you seek true prestige op, you should dive into pvp and head for rank 1s. pve will always be inferior prestige wise. world's top guilds deserve respect, no questions asked, but still, blizzcon champions deserve more.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=259618/7...hallenge-tints

The requirements are a mere joke, to be honest. Hopefully they're just placeholders, because I'd imagine something like:

Tint 2: Defeat Mythic Kil'Jaeden
    Tint 3: 10.000 World Quests
    Tint 4: +20 mythic+ Dungeon key in time
    Mythic? that's a bit excessive. Also keep in mind these are unlocked PER SPEC iirc.
    World Quests? Kek no, RBGs is way harder for most.
    +20 Mythic Timer will likely be impossible at 7.2 launch due to them increasing the difficulty.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted

Tying the tints to group content seems entirely counter productive. Above is content that anyone can do, but needs a certain degree of dedication and/or player skill to accomplish.
    This actually makes sense. The problem though would be healer speccs and brawler's guild. A holy priest will never successfully kill brawler's guild challenges. I am discipline and tried to go for brawlers guild stuff, but quickly had to switch to shadow because i dont have a single interrupt as disc. I like the other 2 though and the general mindset behind your ideas.

Well im never getting the rbg skin

Rogue legendary you could easily outgear just as much as the warlock one. Saying you had to use a specific ability at a specific point didn't really make it any different.
    No amount of gear helps you through the stealth sections if you suck at stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about? The rogue legendary didn't really have any particularly difficult mobs to deal with, the challenge was in all the stealth portions which no amount of gear helps with. After you got geared the warlock one literally got 50% easier as you could skip waves (only getting one set of dogs, not having to worry about watching enslave timer as the boss would die before it was an issue etc)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

Warlock Black Harvest was tuned very well. Any lock who did it and attained the title went through hell and back. Eventually you could out gear it but you didn't get the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruh View Post
    This actually makes sense. The problem though would be healer speccs and brawler's guild. A holy priest will never successfully kill brawler's guild challenges. I am discipline and tried to go for brawlers guild stuff, but quickly had to switch to shadow because i dont have a single interrupt as disc. I like the other 2 though and the general mindset behind your ideas.
    Yeah I had thought about that for the Brawl guild bit. Yes, the tints seem to be tied to the class and not the spec, but in this expansion you cant expect someone to switch spec for something solo oriented. The problem is there isnt much in the way of content for soloists that can also in turn be tied to combat. I feel having it combat oriented is important so we dont have something like "Complete 1000 Pet Battles" as a tint unlock.

Could make it another dedication achievement. Like, since 7.2 does keep track of completed sets "Complete 15 different dungeon, raid, and/or PvP sets"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Why should they have to be difficult?

If the scenarios that are mentioned are actually as challenging as they're supposed to be and prove you're a master of your class, why tack on a bunch of ridiculous requirements like Mythic raid bosses for recolors when the entire point of that artifact appearance was proving personal mastery of your class?
    Because they're advertised as "challenging" skins. There's nothing challenging in the datamined requirements, outside of the default skin which we don't have enough info on yet to know for sure. If you're gonna tell us they're gonna be challenging, then they better damn be.