Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Soooo... Resto druids?

I am seriously venting right now as I am beyond frustrated, how can a class that's got over 50% representation of healers continue to remain so mind-boggling overpowered?
    They DO NOT lose mana, their bear form is the most stupid thing I have ever witnessed.. Oh yeah CC-GODS among sheep, BRAMBLE.. WHERE DOES IT END?!

I really hope Blizz will do something about them, they're not right at the moment.
    Sure you can hope to catch them in a CC chain, however unlikely that is, as they can just f*cking blink away and pillar hump you to death..

/vent over

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    We have no trouble with resto druids. MW Monks however, those motherfuckers make ninjas look slow.

Yeahh gotta say.. MW monks are way more frustrating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    Yet if a dk touches them they get deleted
    I don't know what rating you are but dks are far from soloing a resto druid. In 3s they aren't soooo bad even though the super short cd on iron bark is pretty frustrating and the fact that they can easily escape and reduce their damage taken with bear form is also unenjoyable. In 2s doe i fking hate them, its literally impossible to kill one if he knows what he is doing.
    And about monks, yeah they are very slippery, but their healing isn't as great and you can go for his teammates while you got him in poly or hex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    Yet if a dk touches them they get deleted
    Wonder how you even catch a resto druid with a dk, assuming you're speaking of frost.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with you guys that monks are cancer as well, but the difference is that monks are fairly difficult to play.. At least way harder than a druid, druid you can just leap into action, hots and LoS, if you're in trouble? Just bearform! BOOM! Now I am talking about 2s as I don't play 3s that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Agree with you guys that monks are cancer as well, but the difference is that monks are fairly difficult to play.. At least way harder than a druid, druid you can just leap into action, hots and LoS, if you're in trouble? Just bearform! BOOM! Now I am talking about 2s as I don't play 3s that much.
    Nah, monks infinitely more annoying. Resto druids can die eventually, and you can catch them eventually, you just have to target swap enough. Biggest problem with resto is keeping hots up on multiple targets, they have to reapply all of them once you start battering someone else. So, at least for me in 2's atm (2300 CR, 2500 mmr) I just go in ham on one target putting the druid in some kind of hard cc (whatever your class/healer class has, as long as its not polymorph cause thats just not happening ever) forcing him to put up all the hots on one guy, then swap to the druid with a stun and some other short 1 min cd. They will likely go bear form instantly out of that and only get a rejuv up if they took that talent. With only a rejuv, you can slowly get their hp down. They have to go out of bearform to put up the other hots to make them immortal. Then once hes got everything on himself and none on his teammate (who probably used a defensive the first time you popped your big dmg cds) you sit druid in hard cc again and swap hard back to the other guy. Do it 3 or 4 times and eventually someone dies. They don't go oom though until dampening or vs a priest or shaman (purging forcing them to reapply hots all the time, but then they go oom too).

Monks on the other hand... even at 60% dampening, good luck catching them to kill them. 5 dashes, really blizzard. Even on a DH with the artifact trait to reset 2 fel rushes (now removed) it was nearly impossible to have more than 10 seconds of uptime on them at any time. Now its just horrible. They have to misplay to ever get caught out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah resto druids are pretty annoying it's frustrating that they have the mobility of a mw with MUCH better cc
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Yeah resto druids are pretty annoying it's frustrating that they have the mobility of a mw with MUCH better cc
    What? Mobility of a MW? Do we play the same game? Yeah cyclone is the best cc in the entire game, but mobility of a MW? dear me...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    What? Mobility of a MW? Do we play the same game? Yeah cyclone is the best cc in the entire game, but mobility of a MW? dear me...
    You have leap/shift/travel form and bear form while waiting to get away

Not thinking that resto druids have the best aspects of each healer rolled into one class, now that's dear me...
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane

Not thinking that resto druids have the best aspects of each healer rolled into one class, now that's dear me...
    They are the best healer right now overall, but they are barely ahead of disc in terms of control and single target healing and now resto shaman since the 10% stamina hotfix. If you want them to have an individual identity, I think cyclone being dispellable (im pretty sure priests can mass dispel it... maybe they are just using it in vain) would be a good place to start. Or at least last less. Or take away mighty bash for resto.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    They are the best healer right now overall, but they are barely ahead of disc in terms of control and single target healing and now resto shaman since the 10% stamina hotfix. If you want them to have an individual identity, I think cyclone being dispellable (im pretty sure priests can mass dispel it... maybe they are just using it in vain) would be a good place to start. Or at least last less. Or take away mighty bash for resto.
    I actually play a disc...what do you mean by "control"? Disc doesn't really have any targetsble cc running in + psychic makes you very vulnerable, we definitely are stronger now since patch though
    And yes you can mass dispel cyclone, do it very often (but cyclone has no CD and mass dispel a 15sec)
    Feels like resto druids can put on the same healing as me without any mana issues

Honestly it's really the bash-> cyclone spam ->non-dr cc from x class...combo that sucks it's crazy to me that cyclone still drs with the least amount of cc after all these years

Deleted
    I actually play a disc...what do you mean by "control"? Disc doesn't really have any targetsble cc running in + psychic makes you very vulnerable, we definitely are stronger now since patch though
    And yes you can mass dispel cyclone, do it very often (but cyclone has no CD and mass dispel a 15sec)
    Feels like resto druids can put on the same healing as me without any mana issues

Honestly it's really the bash-> cyclone spam ->non-dr cc from x class...combo that sucks it's crazy to me that cyclone still drs with the least amount of cc after all these years
    Yeah seconding Hashtronaut, it can get and most often it does get really frustrating to get that stun cc combo and its really frustrating in longer games to run to some mana problems when you have to start trying to cc them (depending on the comp) and then trying to get some food going to your mouth as fast as you can.
    But the times when you finally outplay the enemy comp, oh man, feels really good to get that fight over with . . . But then requeuing against them again . . .
    *Sigh* Oh well, another 10+min game comming in

Blizzard is at the spot that making cyclone share DR with any other CC automatically nerfs that class into oblivion. Once you cannot play with resto - you're done.
    It should have like 10 sec CD tho.

When playing on my assassination rogue (not the most mobile of melee classes, right?), I get very high uptime on druids with some help from my healer. My only downtime is when I get caught into cyclone, which is not that frequent thanks to interrupts, stuns etc, and ursol's vortex once a minute. Every melee class has a charge that has a shorter cooldown than druid's leap.
    I don't ever bother trying to go after mistweavers, the most I can get on one is 2 global cooldowns, or the 6 seconds of kidney shot if they don't have trinket/retarded human racial up. Whenever I get close to them, they can use paralysis, leg sweep, or one of their 50 charges, so there's just no point.

How bout we talk about healers that can deal with keeping their team alive after huge CC chains on themselves instead of ones that can kite melee the most

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Well there's your problem right there. You're talking about a bracket that the game hasn't been balanced around since season 5, hence why you can't get titles or mounts in it. Druid representation is also a bit tricky to navigate in discussion because not only is resto quite strong right now, but feral AND balance are also nasty at the moment.

There's also plenty of counterplay to Rdruid.

Bias much? Because resto druid heals can't be purged into oblivion right, and they can still cast hots while in bear right? oh wait they can't. Also displacer beast is no where near the level of MW torpedo roll / transcendence. I play both, MW mobility is definitely much stronger than Rdruid's 100 times over. Rdruid damage is also less than most other healers unless you take talents that severely gimp your tankiness, which is one of the main selling points to Rdruid right now. Gee it's almost like they were developed to have different strengths and weaknesses compared to other healers, y'know instead of just being a mindless mash up.

Deleted
    Resto druid is the main ppv healer of choise for how long now?

If you master their mobility, you can seriously push rating.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moarbacon View Post
    Bias much?
    Hell yeah I'm bias! Resto druids are strong af rn...I'd go so far as to say arguably best pvp healer currently

You know what? I'm going to go level my druid right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Wonder how you even catch a resto druid with a dk, assuming you're speaking of frost.
    I'd love to see an Unholy DK delete a Resto Druid tbh.

Better chance of blood from a stone.