Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I think the 10 RBG Wins is a lot to ask when comparing the others.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    In a world where everyone has access to everything, only prestige and exclusivity mean something. Thats why you have more details on mythic/elite PvP gear, so why not get exclusive tints for people who master their spec beyond a solo scenario?
    Because in group content you can buy a carry, so that reward shows nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Belaide View Post
    Warlock Black Harvest was tuned very well. Any lock who did it and attained the title went through hell and back. Eventually you could out gear it but you didn't get the title.
    The reason I said that was because I have the title, and I got it about a week after boosting my lock to max level. Certainly I learned a lot of class mechanics in the many times I died getting it, but I was still rather incompetent afterwards. And still am. I suck at warlocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

In a world where everyone has access to everything, only prestige and exclusivity mean something. Thats why you have more details on mythic/elite PvP gear, so why not get exclusive tints for people who master their spec beyond a solo scenario?
    Completing 10 000 WQs is ''prestigious''?

The requirements are fine as they are. The scenarios will probably deter a lot of people as it is if they are difficult, and given how few people do Heroic+ raiding and RBGs, you're still not going to see that many of those tints around.

Mythic raiders and Gladiators already have exclusive mounts, titles and mogs. They don't require more.

RBGs? Gross. What a hamfisted way to try and get more people to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    RBGs? Gross. What a hamfisted way to try and get more people to do them.
    Yeah, they want people to do them but they dont want to fix the giant mountain of issues that have been plaguing RBG's for months.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    No amount of gear helps you through the stealth sections if you suck at stealth.
    I figured you were talking about the actual fights since the stealth part was ridiculously easy. I mean if you can't stealth you probably couldn't do green fire until lvl 110

They should make it that you can choose a tint after you complete one. For example when you finish the scenario to initially unlock the appearance, you can pick which tint you want.

Then when you kill KJ on heroic, you get to choose the tint you want. Would be better then being stuck doing a certain activity to get your appearance.

Just my 2c

Not everyone is a vainglorious peacock that needs "ULTRA EXCLUSIVE REWARDS" to show off to other people.

People acting like you cant buy carries for solo content. There were a shit ton of ppl selling PGs and even the Black Harvest stuff. Also, it was never stated that the tints would be unlocked through solo content. It makes sense to contain difficult solo, PvP and raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Completing 10 000 WQs is ''prestigious''?

The requirements are fine as they are. The scenarios will probably deter a lot of people as it is if they are difficult, and given how few people do Heroic+ raiding and RBGs, you're still not going to see that many of those tints around.

Mythic raiders and Gladiators already have exclusive mounts, titles and mogs. They don't require more.
    How do Mythic raiders have exclusive content other than the Cutting Edge FOS? Not like the stuff gets removed during the expansion or afterwards.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2017-01-27 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Not everyone is a vainglorious peacock that needs "ULTRA EXCLUSIVE REWARDS" to show off to other people.
    So? Then 99% of this game is right there for you. This is the challenging artifact skin.

Deleted
    Hmm the conditions themself sound reasonable for the most part...
    just switch the "u need to kill all dungeon bosses" to "on mythic difficulty" and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Why should they have to be difficult?
    Because OP pays more for his monthly subscription so deserves access to unique content ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Heroic is reasonable challenge for usual player. This skin isn't some "cutting edge" type of things, don't expect solo scenario to be THAT hard also. And remember that they are doing 36 of this scenarios, of course some will be worse and less challenging than others.

Extra skin are for:
    2) challenge for raid content
    3) challenge for PVP
    4) looks like placeholder for me - and we already have challenge dungeon one (+15 skin)

And we shouldn't bring carries into the equation - people will sell everything, including skin for solo scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    As they are now, 99% of players probably won't unlock all 4 of those tints inside of Legion. Is that still not exclusive enough for you ?
    Yeah. Definitely not doing HK'J or RBGs. All Legion dungeon bosses is also sketchy since I haven't even mustered the motivation to do the dungeons required for class halls and pillars let alone anything else. These are supposed to be the colors for the solo-acquired skin? Guess I'll only be getting the default then. Edit: My mistake, this isn't the skin I thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I swear this game is gonna do a Cataclysm times 10, because by now there is so much shit to do, the average Joe is just gonna go "Fuck you, I give up" - especially if that average Joe likes alts.
    Reached that point a long time ago. Figured I'd at least put in an effort to unlock all the feral druid skins, but as time goes on I'm not sure I can be bothered to do that either since it requires doing so much content I don't like and don't want to do.
    Last edited by Lane; 2017-01-27 at 10:34 AM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yeah. Definitely not doing HK'J or RBGs. All Legion dungeon bosses is also sketchy since I haven't even mustered the motivation to do the dungeons required for class halls and pillars let alone anything else. These are supposed to be the colors for the solo-acquired skin? Guess I'll only be getting the default then.
    Seriously... what are you even doing in game when you're online if you basically skip 90% of the content? Btw, this is a challenging artifact skin, not the solo artifact skin and especially not the not-so-challenging solo artifact skin. In a game where raiding is basically the end game content and thousends of people kill heroic end bosses after a few month, there's nothing challenging or prestigious about hiding a skin behind it.
    Last edited by mmoce04a3b2ccc; 2017-01-27 at 10:12 AM.

I don't think you quite understood my point. The fact that this appearance is supposed to show personal class/spec mastery for your character means that unlocking it (along with recolors, IMHO) should be something you can do solo. Mythic Kil'jaeden isn't a practical requirement and will just feed the carry for money runs you already see all over the group finder, 10k world quests is just a pointless grind for the sake of grinding and nothing prestigious at all that will simply encourage players to do everything on their alts too if linked to the achievement and if not take botting and account sharing to the next level, while completing all M+ dungeons at 20 or higher is another fairly impractical requirement as well. because of your dependency on groups and getting the exact keystones you need.

While the current datamined requirements are not particularly strict, the difficulty should be in getting the initial appearance unlocked and not in getting simple recolors, similar to how the current Balance of Power appearance and recolors are activated. Killing 8 world bosses or doing a +15 isn't exactly a remarkable achievement these days, but the initial killing of Gul'dan being required for it has made it a prestigious model/color situation at least temporarily since it requires normal and cannot be completed in Raid Finder difficulty, which is how it should generally be. The elite get their prestige and awe factors for completing their things ahead of everyone else, then the general populace follow weeks or months later.

[Edit] To be clear, killing heroic bosses while they're current content doesn't seem to be quite as easy as you think it is. There are a total of 11123 guilds that have cleared Heroic Helya. Even assuming that every single guild was running 30 people and that they've had 10 other people swapped in or carried through their runs, as well as accounting for occasional outstanding PUG groups for a total of 40 players per guild killing the boss, that's still a grand total of ~445k players total in the game that have finished ToV Heroic at all. Even if WoW was sitting at a measly (for WoW at least) 5 million subs, you're looking at less than 10% of all players in the game that have actually cleared this boss; if less than 1 in 10 people have something, it's generally fairly prestigious as far as gaming goes.

If you sort it back to pre-Nighthold release, there are only 10318 guild groups that have cleared her in Heroic difficulty, and imagine a more balanced raid size of around ~25 rotating guild players per group, you're talking just over 250k players which is ~5% of the playerbase even assuming a low sub number of 5 million.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2017-01-27 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    give raiders more stuff. typical blizzard.
    2 raid skins
    You make it sound like this is a bad design?

Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    You make it sound like this is a bad design?
    It very very much is when the intent of the weapon skin is that its a solo challenge.

It's about as dumb and unnecessary as when they made people PvP for a PvE legendary.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2017-01-27 at 02:35 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Think its placeholders- pretty sure that they said in Q&A that it was solo stuff.
    "we got a model for raids, another for pvp....." .. "and this is from solo content.."
    So I expect it has something to do with some score in withered scenario, reputations, treasures, rares, world bosses and stuff like that. Perhaps even something with Brawlers guild or proving grounds. Might even be some new solo scenario thing.
    But from raid? I seriously doubt it.