10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojaha View Post
    Oh, you'd be fine with just those two groups? You don't see the importance of autistic asian transexual representation in video games? How neurotypically cis! /s
    I think the importance of artistic freedom trumps it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I have been excited the past year and yet somehow I felt disconnected after watching the trailer. It just felt mediocre. I hope my feelings change back in the coming months.

Regarding comments on Cora's hair. I have never associated it with lesbian as some are claiming. Media has commonly used it for anarchists and is also seen on professional models. The haircut has become more in trend. Personally I do not like the hair cut.

For the black team mates hair there is also the aspect that hardware is at the point of having hair detail like that is less of a taxing issue. Giving people a shaved head or a solid afro was less taxing on hardware.

Edit:
    Came across this post comparing Cora to Miranda concept art
    https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...er_2_based_on/
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-01-27 at 04:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was that black guy whose hair either didn't look like and not a fade?!?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Man i hope we can change Cora's hair otherwise Ill have to do a fem Ryder and romance Jacob 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Man i hope we can change Cora's hair otherwise Ill have to do a fem Ryder and romance Jacob 2.0
    I hope someone will find a way to mod it .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not that they're including a character "for diversity". It's not like the standard default is "white dude" and you need justifiable reasons to make any given character something other than that. That's a ridiculous and fundamentally racist viewpoint. There's nothing about making the chief science officer a black woman rather than a white man that deserves any explanation at all; why the hell would anyone have an issue with that in the first place?
    The standard default for people is "white dude", sorry to break it to you, but that's our culture.

And if race doesn't matter, why does black race matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The standard default for people is "white dude", sorry to break it to you, but that's our culture.

Had a long response to this, but I think it can be summed up short and sweet: It doesn't. For you.

I guarantee it matters to someone and they're happy. A lot of someones.

If you really think humanity is by white by default boy do I have some news for you. Endus wasn't talking about the default within Western culture. What does that even have to do with anything in this context? It'd be pretty ridiculous if there wasn't an ethnic world majority, like blacks, included in Mass Effect.
    Last edited by Nikusu; 2017-01-27 at 11:22 AM.

Given that we're using ME2-era tech, I'm not surprised. I'm guessing the weapons that don't use them will be primarily alien in origin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post

I'm not saying it does. The people complaining about the presence of a black guy are the ones who care about it, because they're prejudiced against black people.

Someone spoke of this on Reddit.

What if at the end of Andromeda, the Archon dude managed to piece up a Mass Relay to go to the Milky Way and escape from us there, only for this to come out of the Relay?

Sort of like one of the last Reapers, trying to escape the Milky Way and rebuild.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am more concerned about the Andromedians and how Bioware's gonna handle them, because apparently there are no reapers in Andromeda. That means that evolution and progress of Andromeda races was never reset on regular basis - imagine the implications. This means that they must be very advanced. More than puny humans or any other Milky way race. That should make them very powerful and our invasion - quite futile.

Remnants sound like an old and dormant powerful race.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

every trailer and video i've seen about this, you don't see a lot of andromedians. just the usual races.

i hope they do put in a bunch of them. it'd be dumb not to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    every trailer and video i've seen about this, you don't see a lot of andromedians. just the usual races.

i hope they do put in a bunch of them. it'd be dumb not to.
    At a guess, that's largely because they're trying to keep a lot of stuff under wraps until release. You don't get the same "wow, weird spider aliens" effect when your trailers have been all "LOOK AT THESE NEW SPIDER ALIENS".

"Spider aliens" being totally made up to make the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    We will end up with two alien squad mates. So stuff involving them will be under wraps for the most part.

As much as I want to play this, watching the trailer I was like "You....you are no Commander Sheppard". I hope in customisation, I can make my person look like Shep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    As much as I want to play this, watching the trailer I was like "You....you are no Commander Sheppard". I hope in customisation, I can make my person look like Shep.
    Word is that character customization is more comprehensive than Inquisition's was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Word is that character customization is more comprehensive than Inquisition's was.
    I take it DA:I was a big step up from ME1-3? Because hot damn were those pretty limited, and I want to be able to make a female character that doesn't look mostly like shit, without mods, for once -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I take it DA:I was a big step up from ME1-3? Because hot damn were those pretty limited, and I want to be able to make a female character that doesn't look mostly like shit, without mods, for once -_-
    It was, you could do some pretty nice things in Inquisition. I know someone recreated half the Game of Thrones cast one time, Dany in particular looked pretty convincing.

It did lack in hair options however. Lots of those were balding or short hair, which didn't fit female Inquisitors that well.