Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    It might make sense for some classes, like the Priest mount can clearly be recognized as Discipline, Holy and Shadow.

However, other classes aren't that clear. Take for example the Warlock mount, you got a red fire horse, a green felfire horse and a voidwalker-esque horse.
    How would you divide them over the specs? Fel would probably be Destruction. That one is relatively easy to see with all the green fire and all.

But what about the others? Is Demonology about Fire? Is it about Voidwalkers? And what about Affliction? Is it about Fire or Voidwalkers? I don't see it.

Maybe it's simply the regular fire Horse, a green Fel Horse for the people who use the Green Fire option and a third option just for fun?
    That is so easy to figure out...

Red fire-Destruction
    Green-Afflic
    Void-Demo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Man I hope so.
    I've done very brief looking (like 10 sec on google) and didn't see anything one way or the other.
    A flying Hunter wolf would be pretty funny to see. Or a pally charger soaring through the air.
    All 7.2 class mounts can fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I hope so.
    I've done very brief looking (like 10 sec on google) and didn't see anything one way or the other.
    A flying Hunter wolf would be pretty funny to see. Or a pally charger soaring through the air.
    The hunter mount isn't a wolf; it's a variation on wyverns/wind riders called a wolfhawk. If you want to know how it flies just look at the wyvern mounts in-game.

The paladin/warlock mounts walk through the air like similar wingless, flying horses do.

Deleted
    I really hope you can freely use any colour you want. But it would be really a typical Blizzard thing to do to give us this new cool thing and then ruin it with pointless limitations.

Deleted
    Man I hope so.
    You are in luck then; why did you think the hunter wolf had all those feathers growing?

A holy priest on a fucking shadow mount? ofc they will be spec specific u retard

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2017-01-26 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    I'm going to be annoyed if playing unholy gets me stuck with a green undead dragon.
    True Death Knights go for classic blue regardless.
    ice blue is such a hard color to find good mog gear for =(
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

It'll either be we can control the tints like we do with artifacts

Or

It'll automatically change with spec

Theres no way they are going to give the players three versions of the mount, people collecting mounts would bitch, e.g. DHs would get 2 Druids would get 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Longinus View Post
    I really hope you can freely use any colour you want. But it would be really a typical Blizzard thing to do to give us this new cool thing and then ruin it with pointless limitations.
    Wouldn't surprise me either. But I will hope for the same as you. I wouldn't want a green dragon on my Unholy DK if my transmog was red, I'd want to use the red dragon.

Inbe4 they do something worse, like tying mount skins to artifact skins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Theres no way they are going to give the players three versions of the mount, people collecting mounts would bitch, e.g. DHs would get 2 Druids would get 4?
    Well they could still add a few recolours for those specs that have less. Recolours don't take as much work as creating new mounts, so since it's still early PTR I believe that it is entirely possible, especially if these recolours are already a work in progress.

Paladins and rogues also have 4 different skins for their mount and they only have 3 specs.

So I'm just gonna sit here and hope that all specs will get 4 different skins to choose from.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I'm just gonna sit here and hope that all specs will get 4 different skins to choose from.
    Me too. Less restrictions, more fun

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I say 3 skins that can be used by any spec. What if, as a blood DK my transmog is not red? It could be a transmog that doesn't match the red mount at all. Also, they're mounts. It's not like it creates spec imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If you look at the mage disc, it is safe to assume they change depending on spec. Looks very fire / arcane / frost to me....
    His point still stands. They give you choice, probably due to preference and people's personal transmogs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If you look at the mage disc, it is safe to assume they change depending on spec. Looks very fire / arcane / frost to me....
    I understand that much... but then again there are rogues and paladins, who get 4 variations... and there are also warriors and monks with 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    It might make sense for some classes, like the Priest mount can clearly be recognized as Discipline, Holy and Shadow.

However, other classes aren't that clear. Take for example the Warlock mount, you got a red fire horse, a green felfire horse and a voidwalker-esque horse.
    How would you divide them over the specs? Fel would probably be Destruction. That one is relatively easy to see with all the green fire and all.

But what about the others? Is Demonology about Fire? Is it about Voidwalkers? And what about Affliction? Is it about Fire or Voidwalkers? I don't see it.

Maybe it's simply the regular fire Horse, a green Fel Horse for the people who use the Green Fire option and a third option just for fun?
    Fire one would be destruction because... FIRE, Fel one would be demonology because Fel is kinda the essence / lifeblood of Demons and purple one reprents the shadow school of magic aka, affliction

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    Fire one would be destruction because... FIRE, Fel one would be demonology because Fel is kinda the essence / lifeblood of Demons and purple one reprents the shadow school of magic aka, affliction
    Although felfire was really destructions first (fel flame + MoP green fire tome was mostly a destro thing as it affected all its spells) too whereas Demo was normal fire. Also fire would match my destro lock considering as every spell it has is fel coloured including my current mounts.

Demo is all shadow spells etc now too. So both fire and fel are kinda destro.

Maybe the fire and fel might swap based on the codex being on or off though.
    Last edited by Dazu; 2017-01-27 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    This thread is already full of examples of people not being able to agree which colour should go with which spec, so the best alternative is just let the people freely choose. And yes, this might lead to some people using the obvious shadow priest mount while not in the shadow spec. Quelle horreur! But I think we could somehow survive that...