Thread: RIP Elite Sets

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    TL;DR to end the thread:

You weren't good enough to get the sets at the time, that's your fault, you don't deserve them, you won't have them, stay salty.

You can't have everything you want in life. A costume in a video game is one of those things.

Okay. Let me explain a simple concept to you:

It's not about "being good enough" in that specific season.

In order to get a specific elite PVP set, you have to

1) have that specific class at max level at that time
    2) have a lot of free time to invest into WoW during that time

A lot of people don't play WoW for months at a time, because they wanna save up money, because they have other important stuff going on in their lives, or because they just don't feel like it at the time, and rather explore other games or hobbies.

So if an, in my taste, incredibly good looking elite PVP set comes up during a time where I'm not playing WoW much, or have important exams going on, or I'm not playing WoW at the moment so I don't even know what the current sets look like .... I'm not going to get that set. Doesn't matter if I'd be good enough. I won't get it and I won't have a chance to get it at a later point in time, even if I'm good enough.

Yes it's a bit comparable to the CM sets, but at least with CM sets you had the entire expansion time to get it. With the gladiator sets, it's usually only 1/2 or 1/3 of an expansion. Plus, in PVE there's TONS of great gear and motivation to do stuff anyways. In PVP, there's not that much gear anyway, seems silly to limit it further like this.

Deleted
    Gear is either cosmetic or actual gear, not both. That's the flaw in the PvE argument. Your cosmetic rewards are titles and mounts.
    Everything you've said in this thread I agree with 100%. I am a 2.5k+ player every season and you've given loads of reasons while pve'rs keep crying not giving a good real reason. Elite gear and mythic gear is not even on the same page. It's not even close to being the same thing. How dense can everyone crying that this was a good idea even become? Elite gear is one of the things in this game that is still " prestige ". Just because mythic " look " on gear is available years after it's been current doesn't mean they HAVE to do the same thing with elite gear. It's wrong and shouldn't be like that imo. Take away mythic looks on gear if it's not current. Elite gear should never be reintroduced and neither should mythic gear after current tier but guess what? It will keep being like this and blizz already said Elite gear wont become available again (as it shouldnt). Close this thread and go cry about legendaries again. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Meanwhile, in reality: People can collect full T2 who never once had to wipe on a progression Vanilla boss to get it. It doesn't devalue experiences I had and the sense of accomplishment I felt 10+ years ago to see someone else rocking the sets I spent months collecting. I'll never understand why PvP superheroes think they're so damned special.
    I dont feel special cuz i am pvper oppose to pver; my point is that this entire idea is Blizzard's knee jerk to pull people back to rated pvp, this is a bandage not a solution why participation fell in rated pvp. Blizzard needs to fix pvp itself not allowing to cheese pvp rated rewards.

Also when it comes collecting pve sets, it simply comes to time spent + effort + RNG luck, while for pvp it is limited to a specific time period and on effort + skill put in since statistically speaking it is impossible for every1 to get PvP elite gear, while it IS possible for every1 to get pve set if they put in time + effort, since there is no ladder in pve where you have to fight vs other to advance.

P.S. Not saying pvp is harder than pve per say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marioduh View Post
    Everything you've said in this thread I agree with 100%. I am a 2.5k+ player every season and you've given loads of reasons while pve'rs keep crying not giving a good real reason. Elite gear and mythic gear is not even on the same page. It's not even close to being the same thing. How dense can everyone crying that this was a good idea even become? Elite gear is one of the things in this game that is still " prestige ". Just because mythic " look " on gear is available years after it's been current doesn't mean they HAVE to do the same thing with elite gear. It's wrong and shouldn't be like that imo. Take away mythic looks on gear if it's not current. Elite gear should never be reintroduced and neither should mythic gear after current tier but guess what? It will keep being like this and blizz already said Elite gear wont become available again (as it shouldnt). Close this thread and go cry about legendaries again. Thanks.
    ^ what this guy said, 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post

A lot of people don't play WoW for months at a time, because they wanna save up money, because they have other important stuff going on in their lives, or because they just don't feel like it at the time, and rather explore other games or hobbies.

So if an, in my taste, incredibly good looking elite PVP set comes up during a time where I'm not playing WoW much, or have important exams going on, or I'm not playing WoW at the moment so I don't even know what the current sets look like .... I'm not going to get that set. Doesn't matter if I'd be good enough. I won't get it and I won't have a chance to get it at a later point in time, even if I'm good enough.

Yes it's a bit comparable to the CM sets, but at least with CM sets you had the entire expansion time to get it. With the gladiator sets, it's usually only 1/2 or 1/3 of an expansion. Plus, in PVE there's TONS of great gear and motivation to do stuff anyways. In PVP, there's not that much gear anyway, seems silly to limit it further like this.
    Ehm... all classes have always been 2.2 eligible since Cata, and back then switching specs was not a big deal cause early in the season you could see that spec X was awful while spec Y was better and Z shining so you could quickly get the right gear - unlike Legion where you gotta level up the weapon.

Time to invest ? 2.2 could be reached in an evening if you were good enough.

Else if you were more like 1.8-1.9, then yes it took time, but it took time to progress. And you got rewards on the way - 2k achievement, 2.2 achievement and looks... and usually with 2.4 you were guaranteed to be duelist. So you were kinda motivated to progress and improve constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post

Not playing wow much
    No one else to blame but yourself. Want the set? Go get it.

have important exams going on
    You're not studying 24/7, you probably play games at some point during the exams period. Also, you have several months to get an elite set so there's plenty of time.

or I'm not playing WoW at the moment so I don't even know what the current sets look like .... I'm not going to get that set
    You have a myriad of sites that show you what new gear looks like every patch/ptr cycle. You don't have to be currently playing WoW to know what some gear looks like. ANd if you're not playing, tough luck. Want the set, play the game.

If you can't find the time to play some 3v3 throughout several months (the duration of a season) to get the elite set, that's on you. There's plenty of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

It's funny how you all are trying to justify how much you deserve your exclusive rewards and the continued practice of those rewards while WoW PvP is shrinking more and more every season.

Look, all the game mechanics, sub-systems, reward structures and art assets that go into this game are made in order to attract and keep players interested. You being excellent at the game is not the same as a doctor saving more lives by being excellent at their job, or even a McDonalds employee selling more burgers or giving you a better experience by being excellent at their job. No value is added to society by your excellence at PvP. On the contrary, you might be contributing to the death of WoW PvP with your attitudes in and out of the game.

Being good at a shit gameplay nobody wants to get involved in is nothing to brag about, and if PvP is to attract more players, it should be drastically be rethought, beyond stroking the egos of the top 10% of participants, if it even is that much, who actually get these rewards.

Just take a look at this gem the OP posted in a different thread:

I'm done with my hardcore rated days, that shit is not fun to me anymore.

The way to have fun regardless of the state of the game is to not care. Don't take it too seriously and do what you want to do. Once I stopped taking the game so seriously, I've had a lot more fun with it. WoW PvP is something that can't be taken seriously anymore.
    He agrees that PvP is not fun, he came to the conclusion that the best way to play the game is to do it casually, like many of us have done so long ago, but he's still going to argue desperately that he deserves to keep his exclusive e-peen tickler from the previous season.

This is exactly what the devs get from giving such people exclusive rewards: they will get them once, and then brag and piss on people for the rest of the game without ever taking it seriously anymore.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It's funny how you all are trying to justify how much you deserve your exclusive rewards and the continued practice of those rewards while WoW PvP is shrinking more and more every season.

Look, all the game mechanics, sub-systems, reward structures and art assets that go into this game are made in order to attract and keep players interested. You being excellent at the game is not the same as a doctor saving more lives by being excellent at their job, or even a McDonalds employee selling more burgers or giving you a better experience by being excellent at their job. No value is added to society by your excellence at PvP. On the contrary, you might be contributing to the death of WoW PvP with your attitudes in and out of the game.

Being good at a shit gameplay nobody wants to get involved in is nothing to brag about, and if PvP is to attract more players, it should be drastically be rethought, beyond stroking the egos of the top 10% of participants, if it even is that much, who actually get these rewards.

He agrees that PvP is not fun, he came to the conclusion that the best way to play the game is to do it casually, like many of us have done so long ago, but he's still going to argue desperately that he deserves to keep his exclusive e-peen tickler from the previous season.

This is exactly what the devs get from giving such people exclusive rewards: they will get them once, and then brag and piss on people for the rest of the game without ever taking it seriously anymore.
    Once? I think you'll find that I have 9 sets and I played it seriously for 4-5 years.

I didn't say PvP wasn't fun, I said rated wasn't fun. I still played just to get my elite set last season. Thanks for quoting that post, you know why I'm thankful? IT PROVES MY FUCKING POINT. I don't want people getting OLD elite sets by getting 2k in the game's current shit state. How DENSE can you be?

Why the fuck are you comparing PvP to real life? It's a game, grow the fuck up and get over the fact you won't ever get your pixel costumes. NO ONE said being good at PvP added anything to society, it seems like you're the one too caught up in the game when you're making real life comparisons.

I can literally picture some 25 year old man sitting on his bed crying about he won't have everything he wants in a video game.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-01-27 at 11:36 AM.

Its funny how you're trying to justify how much you deserve some exclusive cosmetic reward when you either don't want to put in a bit of time/work to get the sets or are too bad to get them. Newsflash, you can get an elite set of your own even today. The only difference is that the elite set has the visual of the current season and not a previous one. If you want an elite set, go get it. It's available!
    And making all the sets available will do nothing to "fix" PvP as you put it since your issue is the gameplay.

*snip*
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    *snip*
    You both went overboard with your entitlement and rage while completely missing the point.

What exactly is prestigious about being good at a minigame with shit gameplay that nobody wants to play?

And no, it's not shit because it's "dumbed down", like you edgelords keep professing, it's shit because it's too complex and spastic and the standard UI does not support it. That applying certain changes to your UI make it significantly easier (such as a "pro" using a burst macro or target macro while the "noob" binds his keys separately and targets separate opponents manualy) is part of what makes it shit and what keeps new players from joining.

And why exactly should Blizzard keep catering to people who are good at manipulating this horribly designed minigame in their favor, when they are a great contributor to driving other players away?

The only cure is to stop pretending PvP deserves to be taken seriously and open it up to moggers and collectors. Because no, people don't want "an elite set", they want a set because they like what it looks like. It may be Season X Elite or Tier Y LFR. And no, not ALL elite sets are "must haves", maybe 20% are kinda cool, and only a handful out of all the classes are "omg, amazing, why did they have to remove it?!".
    Last edited by Coconut; 2017-01-27 at 12:28 PM.

You both went overboard with your entitlement and rage while completely missing the point.

What exactly is prestigious about being good at a minigame with shit gameplay that nobody wants to play?

And no, it's not shit because it's "dumbed down", like you edgelords keep professing, it's shit because it's too complex and spastic and the standard UI does not support it. That applying certain changes to your UI make it significantly easier (such as a "pro" using a burst macro or target macro while the "noob" binds his keys separately and targets separate opponents manualy) is part of what makes it shit and what keeps new players from joining.

And why exactly should Blizzard keep catering to people who are good at manipulating this horribly designed minigame in their favor, when they are a great contributor to driving other players away?

The only cure is to stop pretending PvP deserves to be taken seriously and open it up to moggers and collectors. Because no, people don't want "an elite set", they want a set because they like what it looks like. It may be Season X Elite or Tier Y LFR. And no, not ALL elite sets are "must haves", maybe 20% are kinda cool, and only a handful for a few classes are "omg, amazing, why did they have to remove it?!".
    We're not going overboard, its just that all your arguments so far can be broken down to "I'm not good enough to make a /target @Whatever macro". With that logic you're not good enough for Nighthold normal since you actually have to press keybinds instead of clicking on your spells.
    The elite sets have been designed to reward semi-competent pvpers for farming rating and playing in a specific season. An incentive to play. I didn't like Legion s1 too much, but I still went to 2k to get the set. You don't have to be a genious to get an elite set, it's not hard. You just can't be a window licker (unless you buy a boost).
    You do understand that even if blizzard added the sets you still wouldn't get them, right? considering you think it's too hard to macro a 2 min cd with another cd.

The only cure is to stop pretending PvP deserves to be taken seriously and open it up to moggers and collectors. Because no, people don't want "an elite set", they want a set because they like what it looks like. It may be Season X Elite or Tier Y LFR. And no, not ALL elite sets are "must haves", maybe 20% are kinda cool, and only a handful out of all the classes are "omg, amazing, why did they have to remove it?!".
    So you're going overboard because you can't get .... a skin? Has this game turned into a dress-up game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not raiding atm, so I won't get the title or mount that comes with it. Nor the gear. In the future I'll have a very small chance that it will drop when I farm it.
    I think that system is the best of both worlds.

I've got some elite gear from the past, and I like it that not many have it. On the other hand, there were seasons where I fell short of reaching the elite gear, and accordingly I don't have those sets. And I'm completely fine with that.

However, I wouldn't mind if there was a small chance to obtain old season elite sets, similar to how old tier mounts drop. How that needs to work, no clue, I guess Blizzard can come up with their own system.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Has this game turned into a dress-up game?
    Yes, this is the next expansion.

Last edited by Krusza; 2017-01-27 at 02:19 PM.

Yes, this is the next expansion.

Excellent! Too bad it's too large to put in a sig

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll try and make a sig version that's a bit better too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    *snip*
    *snip*
    So edgy. So superior. So prestigious.

You both still failed to address the point though. Not to mention earning any sympathy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/g9bDnMZ.png

try that one

or this one

http://i.imgur.com/CLVF2VH.png
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-01-27 at 02:23 PM.

I honestly don't get why you guys are so hellbent on not adding a feature that would attract more people to high end PvP. Sure it might be a temporary fix, but it is something. PvP is slowly dying, and this would be a step in the right direction - MORE cosmetic rewards for doing it. People WANT rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I honestly don't get why you guys are so hellbent on not adding a feature that would attract more people to high end PvP. Sure it might be a temporary fix, but it is something. PvP is slowly dying, and this would be a step in the right direction - MORE cosmetic rewards for doing it. People WANT rewards.
    As I said before, the way to do that is make NEW rewards.

Let's say there's a night elf male DK called "deethkinght". For years he has played arena, but he never got higher than 1700 because he's just not good at games and also lacking in intellect.

Legion hits, he plays WWDK at the start of season and gets 2.3. He never improved as a player, he just played an insanely retarded comp in a retarded expansion.

Now deethkinght has every elite set in the game despite going back to being stuck at 1700 every season after.

Remember your elite set that was pretty damn hard to get in season 11? 5 years ago that barely anyone got? Yep, this guy has it.

Deethkinght in his previously highly prestigious transmog then proceeds to run around in BGs saying stuff like "kill heler noobis" and "omg why no heal".

Your rewards are now worthless.
    Deethkinght is potentially a autistic player or someone with extreme learning difficulties, hes worked his ass off to get that 1700 rating which hes immensely proud about.

Your kind of attitude is fucking cancer.

If you want to be a unique snow flake thats fine, and you should be given a FoS to mark your skill during that season and you can spam that to your hearts desire. No need to make the x mog excluded to everyone else.

What makes me laugh even more, is a lot of people like you, who have this shit mentality are usually running around with Mythic X mog gear from the previous expansion, which you acquired in this expansion, once you out level'd it, out geared it and more than likely got carried by players who did it when it was current.