Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Age doesn't help either.
    Whats sad is I'm only 31. The only game I can say I actually had good (term used loosely) aim in was battlefield 3. After about 200 game hours. 1500+ hours in TF2 and my aim isn't even close compared to BF3. Been tinkering with increased sensitivity, seems to help a little bit in overwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjavitis View Post
    Whats sad is I'm only 31. The only game I can say I actually had good (term used loosely) aim in was battlefield 3. After about 200 game hours. 1500+ hours in TF2 and my aim isn't even close compared to BF3. Been tinkering with increased sensitivity, seems to help a little bit in overwatch.
    I used to be an avid FPS gamer [CS:Source, Natural Selection and such], and was pretty good at them with near twitch-like reflexes, before games like WoW and LoL took me away from the genre... the change of genres has completely ruined my aim when I try playing FPS games now (Mostly out of practise).

It's a mix of both. Training being the bulk of it. Find a sens/DPI setting you feel the most comfortable with. Practice range and keep headshotting the moving bots to start out. A lot of "good" or pro players use DPI < 1000 and sensitivity from like 4-7. I think I'm at 800 dpi 5 sens atm iirc for reference.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Age doesn't help either.
    some of the better players in the competitive Overwatch scene are actually slightly 'older' (late twenties for some) compared to say, League.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    ....UUUMMMM.... while leaving out the part where I say it is useful for for aiming in that mode.

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.
    It doesn't matter HOW good you are at dodging, thinking strategically, flanking unnoticed, ect you are, if you can't aim worth shit. Aiming is the basic of any and all FPS. And for that, Ana hunting is superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    some of the better players in the competitive Overwatch scene are actually slightly 'older' (late twenties for some) compared to say, League.
    They've probably played fps for a long time and most importantly, probably haven't stopped playing a fps game since they started.

If I top playing a game for a while, especially a fps, my aim is gona be very shit.

Also, having a good mouse and pad is important too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    It doesn't matter HOW good you are at dodging, thinking strategically, flanking unnoticed, ect you are, if you can't aim worth shit. Aiming is the basic of any and all FPS. And for that, Ana hunting is superior.
    It doesn't do anything for aiming as when you aim at a player you are sighting them in and tracking them to keep the bead on them, Ana bots don't move like people do, they just herk and jerk all over the place and people have paths they take to get to where they want to and some move in zig zags and jump. What ana bots does is it teaches you to always shoot for the head, then you have to get predicting player movements down on your own. So do practice on ana bots to learn to always aim for heads but don't do it to practice tracking player movements.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Yeah Junkenstein's Revenge made me better at aiming too. I can actually kill Junkrat tires semi-reliably now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    adjusted my mouse sensi
    My mouse sensei say: flow like water, click like wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

What I discovered is that people that are extremely good at aiming tend to have low mouse sensitivity and move their arm and mouse a lot. This allows great precision but they have to flick their mouse from one end of their extra large mouse pad to the other in order to do a 180 turn for example. If you are used to using mostly your wrist (with a much higher sensitivity) then there is only so much you can ultimately do.

tldr; if you want to be pro at aiming like a lot of streamers get a good mouse, a giant mouse pad and start the arm gymnastics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    What I discovered is that people that are extremely good at aiming tend to have low mouse sensitivity and move their arm and mouse a lot. This allows great precision but they have to flick their mouse from one end of their extra large mouse pad to the other in order to do a 180 turn for example. If you are used to using mostly your wrist (with a much higher sensitivity) then there is only so much you can ultimately do.

tldr; if you want to be pro at aiming like a lot of streamers get a good mouse, a giant mouse pad and start the arm gymnastics.
    You can change your mouse sense and stop using wring movements. I did that and I'm doing fine so far since OW came out and I'm in Masters if that counts for something.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Playing against 6 Ana bots with Headshots only is actually pretty decent. The practice range is pointless.

Practice bots are viable, they've greatly increased my overall pref on McCree.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    Has a junkrat ever hit the target they were aiming for? Always feels like a random grenade aimed at someone long gone.
    I have pretty good aim, not like cs:go twitch aiming good - but I have a better than average I'd say. I generally hit a lot of I'm aiming for with JR, but then I played a lot of tribes ascend and battlefield, so I'm sort of used to parabolic arcs and leading shots. Hitscan throws me off now.

On the subject of aiming - a 1000hz polling laser mouse and low sensitivity will make the biggest difference, there are also browser based trainers to get used to quick, accurate movements.
    Last edited by willtron; 2017-01-27 at 03:37 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

1. Put your mouse sensitivity to as low as you can bear. (Contrary to popular belief, pro players do not play on high sensitivity, they play on very, very low and just use a lot of arm movement instead)

2. Get used to this sensitivity

3. Have good fps. If you can't hold a stable 60-80+ fps, your aim will suck dick. Preferably 144 fps with..

4. A 144hz monitor

1>4 in order of importance

Don't bother trying to become a god at aiming with low fps. Its like trying to paint a highly detailed picture using paints you bought from a gas station

10+ Year Old Account
    Just takes lots of practice OP. Lower the sensitivity as far as you can and go from there. Try to get into a sort of mindset of where will my target be and study movement trends. Only shooting at where people are and not where they will be will limit you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Just takes lots of practice OP. Lower the sensitivity as far as you can and go from there. Try to get into a sort of mindset of where will my target be and study movement trends. Only shooting at where people are and not where they will be will limit you.
    This.

It helps a lot if you know where your target is going to be, at least with champions that are projectile based like Hanzo and Pharah. Not being able to predict movement on these champions is why a lot of people suck at them.

Deleted
    Lower the sensitivity, check guides on aiming wrist/arm. If you don't have problems with your hands etc, you kinda need to play heroes that forces you to know how to Aim. Roadhog/Zarya for tanks, Ana/Zen for support and for DPS, Mccree/soldier. (Which ever you prefer really just giving tips.)

Ana is good because when you zoom with her gun it changes from projectile to hit scan. Shoot down Phara, don't compare yourself with pro players they are talented and have played FPS games for many hours. Also have FUN, if you're getting tilted don't play more until you have calmed down. Really important.