Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    why do people keep choosing zen for these maps. what does he actually do beyond healing for CTF maps ?
    By sound of it you're trying to break down a tough defence, so I guess Discord.

i loved playing sombra when there were no turrets/sentrys around. i get the flag, and i can invis past. at least i think so, i ran past enemies with the flag and they didnt even shoot at me.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    No, you needed your briefcase in order to cap. Unless that changed over the years like so many things have.
    I just checked and it seems your intelligence doesn't have to be in your base to score a point, so it's like OW's capture the rooster. Still, if the dev team has the will to make changes to CTF in Overwatch, i think that in order to score a point your flag needs to be uncapped, but also i would make maps larger instead of removing teleport abilities on the carrier.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    I just checked and it seems your intelligence doesn't have to be in your base to score a point, so it's like OW's capture the rooster. Still, if the dev team has the will to make changes to CTF in Overwatch, i think that in order to score a point your flag needs to be uncapped, but also i would make maps larger instead of removing teleport abilities on the carrier.
    Valve changed the CTF rules then.

I agree that the traditional way of CTF is the most fun. Just like in WSG in WoW. But then again, it's 6v6 in Overwatch so that's to me the biggest problem.

I still haven't played it, it'll probably make me annoyed. But I can already see a Winston ultimating the flag and carry it all the way back to your base by jumping around since like you said, the maps really are small.

why do people keep choosing zen for these maps. what does he actually do beyond healing for CTF maps ?
    Because you can get your ult. Pop it on the point cap the flag and you still have 3 seconds left of the speed to drag it away from the heat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    So there's bitching that mei isnt fat enough in her new skin by feminists and blizz is already caving to the harpies screeching, jesus this company..
    Jesus this Xekus...

It's not really about 'being fat enough', but rather broken model - take off your OMG-SJWs-Everywhere™ glasses and look at it.

And also, yeah - if someone would deliberately thin a person just so he/she would look "better"/more up to "beauty standards", I would be irritated as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    His ult is probably really nice for capping a flag when the defense is turtling (which of course they are). I was usually picking Lucio for speed boost, which or may not have been ideal.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I think it would have worked better on a larger map such as Dorado. I get why they picked the Chinese map but the layout isn't really suited to such a game mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Wow seriously? I thought the no.1 rule of CTF was you cannot cap whilst they have your flag..
    Not in any game of ctf that I have played, at least not in TF1 and Halo.

I miss the old TF1 gas chamber prison matches.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I think it would have worked better on a larger map such as Dorado. I get why they picked the Chinese map but the layout isn't really suited to such a game mode.
    Problem with Dorado would be that it's not symmetrical, which would lead to complaints of one side having a disadvantage. In that aspect, KOTH maps (and in turn, lijiang tower) makes sense, but yeah, KOTH maps are just smaller than payload maps.

In TF you had to move across massive maps and into huge heavily defended fortresses to get the flag. In halo it was pretty fast but you had to have a warthog driver to get your ass quickly across the field of battle and the flag was in a pill box. You also had bigger teams, a person with the flag was bound to run into someone on the way back. Overwatch the maps are small and only 6 on a team.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-01-28 at 08:02 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

CTF was god awful in Team Fortress too, the only map where it even vaguely worked was Turbine and Turbine was the worst of the "good" maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    His ult is probably really nice for capping a flag when the defense is turtling (which of course they are). I was usually picking Lucio for speed boost, which or may not have been ideal.
    i'd certainly like to get a Zen who uses it like that then :\ my zens just pop it on our flag or in the middle to heal us.

Just like i do with the tanks or Sym's, i'll just have to do it myself i guess.

i like this event but im really disappointed not to see a hanzo skin , he is yet to recieve a good one,..

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond11 View Post
    i like this event but im really disappointed not to see a hanzo skin , he is yet to recieve a good one,..
    I understand why he didn't. Japan doesn't really celebrate the Lunar New Year anymore ... it is celebrated by Korea and China and other countries ... some of which where invaded by Japan. I think it is likely that he didn't get one because of that. Hopefully, the next event he and genji get some skins (genji only got Oni which requires Hero of the Storm games played with a Friend during X time
    (which I don't really like that game nor have a friend that would play and Hanzo only got the skin for the Halloween event).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Jesus this Xekus...

It's not really about 'being fat enough', but rather broken model - take off your OMG-SJWs-Everywhere™ glasses and look at it.

And also, yeah - if someone would deliberately thin a person just so he/she would look "better"/more up to "beauty standards", I would be irritated as well.
    This post has feminism written all over it.
    The model isn't broken, it was just poorly made. No surprise since it has been just a few weeks since the last event. The modeling department must be overworking right now.

Also, there is already a thread on this. Go spout your feminism stuff there.
    Last edited by micwini; 2017-01-28 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    This post has feminism written all over it.
    The model isn't broken, it was just poorly made. No surprise since it has been just a few weeks since the last event. The modeling department must be overworking right now.

Also, there is already a thread on this. Go spout your feminism stuff there.
    It is broken though. They admitted that, and you can clearly see it in some of the poses, or that the roll of whatever on her back isn't actually attached to her back like it should be (Or her butt sticking out like 70 meters behind where it should be)

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It is broken though. They admitted that, and you can clearly see it in some of the poses, or that the roll of whatever on her back isn't actually attached to her back like it should be (Or her butt sticking out like 70 meters behind where it should be)
    Meanwhile ana's cape on certain skins keeps clipping through her while making certain movements. Same thing but that isn't a bug? Oh wait no its because no feminazis are complaining about it.
    They only admitted it because they submit to whining minorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Meanwhile ana's cape on certain skins keeps clipping through her while making certain movements. Same thing but that isn't a bug? Oh wait no its because no feminazis are complaining about it.
    They only admitted it because they submit to whining minorities.
    This bug is easy to fix and is in the base stance and a commonly used victory pose, but this one is harder and only occurs situationally, let's not fix either because it might look like pandering to people who want shit to not look awful.

Why the shit are you still whining about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This bug is easy to fix and is in the base stance and a commonly used victory pose, but this one is harder and only occurs situationally, let's not fix either because it might look like pandering to people who want shit to not look awful.

Why the shit are you still whining about this?
    Im not whining about anything, but if you want to keep discussing this non-issue feel free to post in the other thread.