Pure Playstation - 9/10
    Xbox Achievements - 89/100
    Warlegend - 8.5/10
    SegmentNext - 9.3/10
    Go 4 Gamers - 9/10
    Unboxholics - 9/10
    Gamesweasel - 9/10
    Polygon - 9/10

Looks good with many saying this is the fresh start the serie deserves. Will get this after For honor though but it's a must buy for me.

I played on pc id give it 8/10 but was kinda underwhelmed by it, maybes its because i didn't use vr but it wasn't really scary and the puzzles I found were easy i still prefer the original games so hoping RE2 Remake will live up to expectations.

i watched mans1ay3r's video of him playing the intro and the girl at the very start looks like ted cruz rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Didn't like the demo, I love horror, but it was just boring. I'm not a fan of games I can't even defend myself.

Does the game change at all?
    Demo is a completely different to the final game and yes, you get all kinds of weapons to use on the baddies.

If you love horror than you really should play this game as its one of the best horror experiences I've seen in a game yet and scared me like few movies/games have over the years.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I'm enjoying the game a lot. There's a lot of tense moments, puzzles are interesting without being too difficult/contrived, there's a solid mix of psychological horror and pure gore...

...and exploration is rewarded fairly well. I haven't finished it yet but as a disillusioned fan of the early games in the franchise I think it's a very solid addition to the lineup.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know playing and watching some one else playing are entirely different things, but ive beem watching theRadBrad's walkthrough and this game.doesnt feel.scary at all

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I know playing and watching some one else playing are entirely different things, but ive beem watching theRadBrad's walkthrough and this game.doesnt feel.scary at all
    Not to shit on lets players, but why would you watch a spambot trying to emulate a human being, guy is not capable of being entertaining at all.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Play it yourself, in VR, if that doesn't feel scary at all then chances are no horror game is scary to you, ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Not to shit on lets players, but why would you watch a spambot trying to emulate a human being, guy is not capable of being entertaining at all.
    I enjoy watching RadBrad

It was uhhh...

It was ok.

It was all over the place tonally. 70% of the game its about stealth, horror, and exploration, and then they just kick it right back into RE4/5/6 mode at the very end with a bullet sponge boss, a gauntlet of enemies, and then a ridiculously stupid and over the top final boss.

I like each of those aspects separately, but mashed together it is really doesn't seem to know wtf it wants to do.

It also has virtually no connection to the RE universe outside of random mentions and then a cameo. Remove those things, the game still functions perfectly, and could have been its own IP. The ending also leaves open a lot of "wtf was that" questions.

Outside of 6, I've generally enjoyed the main staple games in the Resident Evil universe (I include Revelations and even Outbreak here), but 7 was...I donno. Kind of a let down.

It reminds me of Telltale's third season of Walking Dead, called A New Frontier. Everybody was anticipating it for a long time, and then when it comes out, the game took a weird and unnecessary disconnected direction from the rest of its franchise. Ultimately in their effort to try and take the story in a new direction, it doesn't feel connected to the the things that made people love the franchise in the first place.

I felt like a lot of people wanted a Resident Evil that was more horror based, which is what we got. However they didn't really bother to connect it to the rest of the franchise storywise.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-01-31 at 06:57 PM.

This appears to be one of those games I want to play but probably won't get around to playing due to playing too much WoW :<

Got my copy for my ps4 pro today, good times ahead

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It was uhhh...

It was ok.

It was all over the place tonally. 70% of the game its about stealth, horror, and exploration, and then they just kick it right back into RE4/5/6 mode at the very end with a bullet sponge boss, a gauntlet of enemies, and then a ridiculously stupid and over the top final boss.

I like each of those aspects separately, but mashed together it is really doesn't seem to know wtf it wants to do.

It also has virtually no connection to the RE universe outside of random mentions and then a cameo. Remove those things, the game still functions perfectly, and could have been its own IP. The ending also leaves open a lot of "wtf was that" questions.

Outside of 6, I've generally enjoyed the main staple games in the Resident Evil universe (I include Revelations and even Outbreak here), but 7 was...I donno. Kind of a let down.

It reminds me of Telltale's third season of Walking Dead, called A New Frontier. Everybody was anticipating it for a long time, and then when it comes out, the game took a weird and unnecessary disconnected direction from the rest of its franchise. Ultimately in their effort to try and take the story in a new direction, it doesn't feel connected to the the things that made people love the franchise in the first place.

I felt like a lot of people wanted a Resident Evil that was more horror based, which is what we got. However they didn't really bother to connect it to the rest of the franchise storywise.
    A lot of this is what I feel like to.

Though I will say, it feels more like Resident Evil than FFXV felt like FF or MGSV felt like MGS. They did the best job of these returns to long standing franchises in the last year or two.

My biggest gripe is also that this game would of been just as fun if it was called Scary Spookyhouse instead of RE7. Nothing connects to RE at all short of some misc easter eggs. Also, the lack of enemy diversity type. The family was cool, but 95% of the game is facing the same 1 or 2 enemy types otherwise.

Lastly, DLC. Do we really need to pay $10 for some extra side modes released like a week later? No way in hell I am

Yeah I think there were...literally 3 kind of zombies and thats it?

The regular ones, the ones with the crazy arm, and the ones that crawl along the ground. Oh and then I guess we can count the giant mosquitoes too.

Compared to even Resident Evil 1:

Zombies
    Crimson Heads
    Cerberus
    Hunters
    Spiders
    Chimeras
    Snakes
    Wasps

I liked the game and it's core concept but it was FAR too short. Another thing I really disliked was the lack of creativity when it comes to enemy monsters. Seriously, mud-monsters and nothing else? Mucho lamo.

The setting was truly amazing and the mix of survival and action was spot on as well. Alien Isolation was an amazing game right? Especially for a total Alien franchise fanboy like myself. But I didn't like the fact that I was helpless and could only scare away the baddy rather than actually kill it. RE7 provided a healthy balance in this respect.

I give it an 8/10. It could've been a 9/10, if not for the very short 'campain' and bland monsters. Ethan's lack of personality didn't bother me much.

Yeah pretty similar to alien isolation though i miss that you can lean over objects in alien by holding L1 and not in re7. Im a few hours in and i like it so far , sounds grafics and atmosphere is top notch.

I beat alien isolation on nightmare to this should be a cake walk, i hope
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-02 at 11:10 AM.

This was my first Resident Evil game and i enjoyed what I played. It was not a perfect game, but it did alot of things very well. It kept me tense for almost all of the time, minus times I got stuck. (I spent like 15 minutes searching in the basement, cause I couldn't find the key to the dissection room)
    The enemy variety was a bit dissapointing, but the Baker family made up for that honestly.
    I completed it in about 11 hours, and I don't think the game should have been particularly longer, as horror games easily outstay their welcome.

I've yet to play Madhouse difficulty, and I should get around to doing that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

Took me 12 hours to beat it but i explored everything, very good game but it lacked enemy variations and hiding didnt really mean anything better to just run past things and close a door. Unlike Alien Isolation where hiding ment everything (i compared as alien isolation is one of my all time favorite horror game that ive played recently). Still a very good game, grafic style, sound and atmosphere is really good.

Madhouse here i come.

Not sure if I should speed run the game first for the infinite ammo though, need to make it under 4 hours should be pretty easy if you just run could do it on easy to for a even easier time.

Would make madhouse abit easier.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-03 at 01:48 PM.

One of the worst RE games out there, can not recommend at all. Feels like a outlast ripoff and not like a Resident Evil game. Focus was basically completely on gore and jump scares. Flat story with a lot of logical flaws, bad voice acting (at least in my language).
    All in all it might not be a bad game, but it is totally different from what I was expecting and I think Resident Evil took the wrong role models here (outlast).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah I think there were...literally 3 kind of zombies and thats it?

The regular ones, the ones with the crazy arm, and the ones that crawl along the ground. Oh and then I guess we can count the giant mosquitoes too.

Compared to even Resident Evil 1:

Zombies
    Crimson Heads
    Cerberus
    Hunters
    Spiders
    Chimeras
    Snakes
    Wasps
    Didn't RE1 also have the plants and the shark? Edit: And the Tyrant ofc.
    Last edited by Accendor; 2017-02-03 at 02:33 PM.

Didn't RE1 also have the plants and the shark? Edit: And the Tyrant ofc.
    I wasn't counting bosses.