Thread: RIP Elite Sets

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ive been 2400+ lots of times but dont have a single piece of elite xmog, never occured to me to hold on to that shit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Deethkinght is potentially a autistic player or someone with extreme learning difficulties, hes worked his ass off to get that 1700 rating which hes immensely proud about.

Your kind of attitude is fucking cancer.

If you want to be a unique snow flake thats fine, and you should be given a FoS to mark your skill during that season and you can spam that to your hearts desire. No need to make the x mog excluded to everyone else.

What makes me laugh even more, is a lot of people like you, who have this shit mentality are usually running around with Mythic X mog gear from the previous expansion, which you acquired in this expansion, once you out level'd it, out geared it and more than likely got carried by players who did it when it was current.
    He worked for the 1700 rating, not the elite gear.

Well done.

I like how you're trying to talk about him as probably having a mental disability to add an emotional value to your argument. Plenty of players are like this who have no such issues.

No Social Justice Warrior shit here please, I'm bored of that.

I don't use mythic gear and I've already cleared up the argument of mythic gear vs elite gear about 429127456 times.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-01-27 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    He worked for the 1700 rating, not the elite gear.

Well done.

I like how you're trying to talk about him as probably having a mental disability to add an emotional value to your argument. Plenty of players are like this who have no so issues.
    He might, he might not, my point for that bit was your belittling someone (or willing to belittle) someone based on their name or how they speak to others. Sure you get some cunts, others cant help it. But you don't give a shit either way and label them as a retard regardless. That was my point of that first. Let me put a big line separating my next one (The on you didn't acknowledge)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second point (Clear enough for you?) still stands, you should (or you might I don't know) get a FoS for getting to the elite stage, use that to show off. Gear is just gear. You go into pve content to get the good looking gear (More often than not when you outscale a place), why shouldn't we come into pvp to get the good looking gear? I say the same to the mounts that are locked down from raids in wrath (Although I will say the gladiator mounts should remain locked) to the CM gear in MoP and Warlords, it should be accessible now

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    He might, he might not, my point for that bit was your belittling someone (or willing to belittle) someone based on their name or how they speak to others. Sure you get some cunts, others cant help it. But you don't give a shit either way and label them as a retard regardless. That was my point of that first. Let me put a big line separating my next one (The on you didn't acknowledge)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second point (Clear enough for you?) still stands, you should (or you might I don't know) get a FoS for getting to the elite stage, use that to show off. Gear is just gear. You go into pve content to get the good looking gear (More often than not when you outscale a place), why shouldn't we come into pvp to get the good looking gear? I say the same to the mounts that are locked down from raids in wrath (Although I will say the gladiator mounts should remain locked) to the CM gear in MoP and Warlords, it should be accessible now
    You can get PvP gear, you seen those things called Mark of Honor? Go farm some and buy the gear from the vendors.

I've made the distinction between mythic gear and elite gear probably about 15-16 times in this thread but I can tell you're one of those people that posts without reading the topic.

You can get PvP gear, you seen those things called Mark of Honor? Go farm some and buy the gear from the vendors.

I've made the distinction between mythic gear and elite gear probably about 15-16 times in this thread but I can tell you're one of those people that posts without reading the topic.
    Except you are too dense to understand that mythic gear is both cosmetic and for progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Except you are too dense to understand that mythic gear is both cosmetic and for progression.
    It's one or the other.

Deleted
    It's one or the other.
    This is the dumbest argument I have ever heard. Gear can only be one thing at a time?

Let me paint you a picture. You're a brand new player, new account, no transmogs, nothing. You're leveling happily away, without heirlooms or help, just you doing some quests out in the world. Now you see a player 2 levels higher than you, he's got some cool looking gear. And also, hes doing a lot of damage! Despite being the same class as you, he can kill random bears in a fraction of the time you need. You ask him how he looks so cool and how he's so powerful. He tells you to run Deadmines for a kick-ass staff. It has awesome stats for you on it, and bonus, it looks super cool! You run Deadmines and get the staff, awesome!

My question is, is the staff a cosmetic reward, or a progression reward? Or both?

Deleted
    Well i think 2.2k is just a temporary suggestion from the dev team, would like to see if they bump it up to like 2.5-2.7k rated so they would still be rather impressive to see.
    Btw OT: Is there any news from the Legion gear vendor ? I heard some rumors that they would be bringing back the gear vendors in 7.2, is this true ?
    OOT: The new sets comming in aswell are really bonkers, giving those sweet good tbc vibes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioduh View Post
    Everything you've said in this thread I agree with 100%. I am a 2.5k+ player every season and you've given loads of reasons while pve'rs keep crying not giving a good real reason. Elite gear and mythic gear is not even on the same page. It's not even close to being the same thing. How dense can everyone crying that this was a good idea even become? Elite gear is one of the things in this game that is still " prestige ". Just because mythic " look " on gear is available years after it's been current doesn't mean they HAVE to do the same thing with elite gear. It's wrong and shouldn't be like that imo. Take away mythic looks on gear if it's not current. Elite gear should never be reintroduced and neither should mythic gear after current tier but guess what? It will keep being like this and blizz already said Elite gear wont become available again (as it shouldnt). Close this thread and go cry about legendaries again. Thanks.
    the dates on your achievements will never go away. so your prestige won't be diminished.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquilia View Post
    This is the dumbest argument I have ever heard. Gear can only be one thing at a time?

Let me paint you a picture. You're a brand new player, new account, no transmogs, nothing. You're leveling happily away, without heirlooms or help, just you doing some quests out in the world. Now you see a player 2 levels higher than you, he's got some cool looking gear. And also, hes doing a lot of damage! Despite being the same class as you, he can kill random bears in a fraction of the time you need. You ask him how he looks so cool and how he's so powerful. He tells you to run Deadmines for a kick-ass staff. It has awesome stats for you on it, and bonus, it looks super cool! You run Deadmines and get the staff, awesome!

My question is, is the staff a cosmetic reward, or a progression reward? Or both?
    It's not a reward.

Normal "gear" is not a reward, I don't see how hard that concept is to comprehend. I've never played an RPG where I thought gear was a reward, it's simply a means to progression.

You need to understand what cosmetic gear is, it's gear that has no stats and is purely for transmog. Elite sets, CM set, CM weapons etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divax View Post
    Well i think 2.2k is just a temporary suggestion from the dev team, would like to see if they bump it up to like 2.5-2.7k rated so they would still be rather impressive to see.
    Btw OT: Is there any news from the Legion gear vendor ? I heard some rumors that they would be bringing back the gear vendors in 7.2, is this true ?
    OOT: The new sets comming in aswell are really bonkers, giving those sweet good tbc vibes
    There are gear vendors coming after this season that will sell the normal gear and the elite gear if you had 2k in season 1 / season 2.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-01-27 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted
    It's not a reward.

Normal "gear" is not a reward, I don't see how hard that concept is to comprehend. I've never played an RPG where I thought gear was a reward, it's simply a means to progression.

You need to understand what cosmetic gear is, it's gear that has no stats and is purely for transmog. Elite sets, CM set, CM weapons etc.

- - - Updated - - -

There are gear vendors coming after this season that will sell the normal gear and the elite gear if you had 2k in season 1 / season 2.
    right. so 99.99% of the things you get in this game for doing things successfully are not rewards. yet somehow it has managed to survive for a decade without giving most players a reward ever. amazing.

this shit is so weird coming from someone who sounds like he plays just for the reward, not because he enjoys the journey.

Without prestigious rewards there's pretty much no point in playing something that's supposed to be competitive.
    I play soccer competitively. There are no rewards other than the title of 1st place in summer league, 2016. I don't play for the title. I don't know anyone in the league that does. I play because I love the sport of it and the competition. I play to challenge myself and see how good I can get, and if I can still take on the young whippersnappers. I PvP in WoW for the same reason, though I'm not as good at it. The idea that there needs to be some kind of "I have it, you don't" *thing* in order for competitive play to be worth playing is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Divax View Post
    They ditched the idea long ago, so it won't happen.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    the dates on your achievements will never go away. so your prestige won't be diminished.
    No one cares about dates on Achievments compared to looks on your character. Even though most dont even know it's elite it still feels good.

Deleted
    No one cares about dates on Achievments compared to looks on your character. Even though most dont even know it's elite it still feels good.
    I don't know anyone who would recruit a player to a guild or to a team based on their transmog and not on their data on armory/wowprogres/pvp websites/etc.

Deleted
    It's not a reward.

Excuse me what? I don't really know how to respond to this. It very much is a reward. It kinda feels like you're just making this up as you go along, and define terms in such an arbitrary way to only suit your goal, instead of the way they are actually defined. For the record:

Definition of reward
    : something that is given in return for good or evil done or received or that is offered or given for some service or attainment <the police offered a reward for his capture>

In this case, the service is the fictional clearing of Deadmines.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You may get any classic, bc, wotlks or cata PvP set color.
    But you can't get Pandaria Challenge more set, and Draenor challenge weapons.
    No, you missed a season - you don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gweenz View Post
    You may get any classic, bc, wotlks or cata PvP set color.
    But you can't get Pandaria Challenge more set, and Draenor challenge weapons.
    No, you missed a season - you don't get it.
    Which, in my opinion, is a mistake. The CM sets/weapons wasn't hard to get, everyone could do it at the end as there was a million guides that told you what mob to CC, when to use invis pot etc. Me and my friends this all MoP CM Gold in one night, without any preperation or "BiS" gear. We simply followed the guide step by step. Same with WoD CM.

They should have just kept it, we got scaled down to the ilvl anyways, so shouldn't be too hard to make it scale down levels as well. Thus we could still do them (as they were kinda fun to do), and get the sets on alts. I got it on a hunter I haven't touched since MoP, RIP.

Removing things is a mistake in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    I don't know anyone who would recruit a player to a guild or to a team based on their transmog and not on their data on armory/wowprogres/pvp websites/etc.
    Yea cuz pvp achs is the same thing as Cutting edge. Pvp guilds are barely a thing anymore. Smh

Yea cuz pvp achs is the same thing as Cutting edge. Pvp guilds are barely a thing anymore. Smh
    Eh yeah. If you want to join a serious PvP guild (they do exist), or even join a RBG pug, or find a serious Arena mate you need achievement that shows that you got the shit. Not some fancy transmog set. Achieves matters, it is pretty much the only thing we can measure skill level with. Smh