Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    "Monk
    Fixed a bug where Storm, Earth, and Fire clones would stop using abilities after their target died."

not sure if this is in effect yet but lets hope it's fixed the issues. ALTHOUGH I've had 1 clone cast FoF while the other did not so we'll see but at least it's another step to a fully functioning ability.
    They still haven't fixed the issue with FoF though. If you cast RSK for example while they haven't reached their target, when they come in range they will do it late nevertheless. However that doesn't work with FoF - maybe because it's channeled. If you have began channeling when they reach the target they just autoattack. God damn bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by LoKSET View Post
    They still haven't fixed the issue with FoF though. If you cast RSK for example while they haven't reached their target, when they come in range they will do it late nevertheless. However that doesn't work with FoF - maybe because it's channeled. If you have began channeling when they reach the target they just autoattack. God damn bugs.
    ah that must have been what happened to me. One clone getting back in time while the other did not. I don't know how hard it is but there should just be a back log of things you've casted that they eventually do maybe even at a quicker pace to get them back in sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    ah that must have been what happened to me. One clone getting back in time while the other did not. I don't know how hard it is but there should just be a back log of things you've casted that they eventually do maybe even at a quicker pace to get them back in sync.
    Yeah, I guess that's the issue - if they start channeling FoF too late that would delay the next attack and so on. Indeed a possible solution would be to give the clones a queue of what has been casted and also lower whatever they have instead of GCD so that they are able to catch up.

Deleted
    Does SCK become worth using on single target with 1 stack when you have Katsuo's plus DHC?

I have DHC and Katsuo and I was simming higher with Powerful Strikes rather than EE as I am swimming in Chi since I dont have 2pc T20.

Intuition tells me that dumping the extra chi into SCK for DHC and longer SEF should be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Does SCK become worth using on single target with 1 stack when you have Katsuo's plus DHC?

I have DHC and Katsuo and I was simming higher with Powerful Strikes rather than EE as I am swimming in Chi since I dont have 2pc T20.

Intuition tells me that dumping the extra chi into SCK for DHC and longer SEF should be worth it.
    No, if you plan accordingly you don't need to use sck.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Sim stat weights Haste gets really wonky right? So I shouldn't put much weight into the fact that Haste is sitting at .83 even though I have 13.5%? My other weights are at .63, so from there it looks like ilvl is king.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Sim stat weights Haste gets really wonky right? So I shouldn't put much weight into the fact that Haste is sitting at .83 even though I have 13.5%? My other weights are at .63, so from there it looks like ilvl is king.
    I find haste is slightly below other secondaries for ST; I'd recommend tweaking fight length variance and seeing if that changes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Penne View Post
    I find haste is slightly below other secondaries for ST; I'd recommend tweaking fight length variance and seeing if that changes anything.
    For 100 Seconds I had: Mastery/Crit/Verse .66, Haste .56
    At 200 I had: Haste .78, Mastery/Crit/Verse .65
    At 300 I had: Haste .83, Mastery/Crit/Verse .63
    At 400 I had: Haste .92, Mastery/Crit/Verse .63

I think I'll just roll with it.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    You should cast SEF before Todd because you're wasting a gcd.

P
    Something like SEF, ToD, RSK, sotw, FoF, RSK, draught
    No? You dont want to or need to waste a GCD inside of SEF. Gaining 10% more damage on a GCD through gale burst isn't anywhere near comparable to gaining 50% damage to that same GCD through SEF.

Its better to ToD right before SEF.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    No? You dont want to or need to waste a GCD inside of SEF. Gaining 10% more damage on a GCD through gale burst isn't anywhere near comparable to gaining 50% damage to that same GCD through SEF.

Its better to ToD right before SEF.
    Yeah you're right blonde moment

So what do we do about Haste? Nighthold seems to be pretty much AoE. Do we start using the Mastery Haste gear that it vomits upon us or do we stick with our regular gear and just hope for the few right pieces to drop? I'm shooting about 50-60 percentile on normal NH and heroic NH logs. I have Mastery 35%, Crit 26%, Haste 11%, and Vers 6%. I could probably go up to about 15% haste and drop some crit if I wanted to with all the gear I've gotten that has Haste on it.

Walking the wind says that with AoE, haste gets better than Critical. But simming haste is wonky. I don't mind being middle of the pack, but I also want to do the best I can.

What have YOU done with Haste in Nighthold?

Normal NH is hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rulee View Post
    I've taken the highest ilvl gear I can get

Deleted
    So what do we do about Haste? Nighthold seems to be pretty much AoE. Do we start using the Mastery Haste gear that it vomits upon us or do we stick with our regular gear and just hope for the few right pieces to drop? I'm shooting about 50-60 percentile on normal NH and heroic NH logs. I have Mastery 35%, Crit 26%, Haste 11%, and Vers 6%. I could probably go up to about 15% haste and drop some crit if I wanted to with all the gear I've gotten that has Haste on it.

Walking the wind says that with AoE, haste gets better than Critical. But simming haste is wonky. I don't mind being middle of the pack, but I also want to do the best I can.

Got some upgrades, got some use out of my bad legendaries (Sephuz and gloves), and other than that taken haste as it sims for ST (~.55ish, I guess).

Skorp's AoE, as is part of spellblade, but other than that it's pretty much all 1 or two targets for the important stuff, focussed down.

There is not a whole heap of sustained AoE and as typical of raids AoE is about quick bursts. Of course if your raid composition is low on AoE you might have a different experience where some sustain is needed in which case haste items could be seen as more beneficial but ilvl still likely wins. Perhaps for jewellery only have some AoE optimised items and also trinkets.

Deleted
    Did Nightblooming Frond get skipped in the trinket buffs? Just got it, and want to check if I should be upping the damage on the sims for it as with the digit

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I've taken the highest ilvl gear I can get
    So you get an ilvl upgrade and you equip it and use it?

15+ Year Old Account
    So of course I get a 885 convergence of fate right after it gets nerfed into the ground. Is it still worth using? It's my highest ilevel trinket by far.

Trinkets I got besides that:

870 unstable arcanocrystal
    870 arcanogolem digit
    865 thrice-accursed compass

Which 2 of those 4 should I be using for ww?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account
    So you get an ilvl upgrade and you equip it and use it?
    For the most part, with the way stats work, there's a reasonable chance that higher ilvl = higher dps. Its not a perfect rule, but I also sim every option before equipping it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    So of course I get a 885 convergence of fate right after it gets nerfed into the ground. Is it still worth using? It's my highest ilevel trinket by far.

Trinkets I got besides that:

870 unstable arcanocrystal
    870 arcanogolem digit
    865 thrice-accursed compass

Which 2 of those 4 should I be using for ww?
    Personally, I would still use it for the agility alone but that's just me. I would also use the Arcanogolem Digit (great for tanking dungeons too btw).
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!