Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    My add-ons are: Adblock, Adblock Plus, Ghostery, and uBlock Origin.

With zero of the extensions, the site loads perfectly fine.

With any one extension turned on, the page loads a bit, then quickly automatically reloads/refreshes the page (which still shows up as a bit fragments (MMO-C castle logo on top left says the text before loading the image, etc.)). (For AB, ABP, and G the ads will load through on the reload.)

With all four extensions turned on, the page does what happens in the gif: the whole page loads slowly with the HTML buttons saying their text instead of just their icons, and stuff.

I can record the site with only one extension if you want to see.
    Yeah, with just one extension would be great. If you have time, both a run with just Adblock and a run with just ublock.

No problems here and im a vivid chrome user.
    Try adblock? This site is full of obnoxious adds and that could be the cause of your lag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    Most problems seem to be caused by all those god damn cookies. Got over 250.
    After blocking cookies from g00.mmo-champion.com site loaded quite a bit faster. (Helps also on wowhead (g00.wowhead.com))
    How did you block them? I blocked it via chrome but it's still reloading them

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Yeah, with just one extension would be great. If you have time, both a run with just Adblock and a run with just ublock.
    Kinda annoyed at imgur not being able to upload gifs, so I just put two ten second clips on youtube.

With Adblock only:

(The page refreshes after initial load, ads show up (I didn't show them in the clip), and there's still fragmented loading.)

With uBlock Origin only:

(No ads, but there's still fragmented loading.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I get this problem almost every Monday, and it USUALLY clears out by Tuesday. I am running both ABP and UBO on chrome, win 7 x64. On Blueobelisk's gif on the previous page, it shows additional urls that are being loaded, which I'm seeing, too. But by Tuesday, those additional load calls are usually gone. This time, it's obviously lasted a bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    How did you block them? I blocked it via chrome but it's still reloading them
    Pretty easy in chrome:
    Click the icon left of the URL. This will open a small overview of the permissions you gave the site.
    The very first states how many cookies this site stores on your computer. Click the amount and it opens a new window in which you can manage your cookies.

Goto the cookies you want to block, click block and close the window. A small info message on top of the site will ask you to refresh the site to apply the changes. Done

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    With Adblock on its own the site loads 3 ads on the frontpage-a top one/side one/bottom of the page one. With just ublock Origin nothing loads but the site takes about 45 seconds to finish 'loading' though everything on the page is actually loaded. When that happens it causes huge latency in WoW.

Posted this in the other feedback thread about ads, but I am on chrome and experiencing this as well, but perhaps to the extreme.

The time it took me to upload it to giphy and post it here and the other thread, it's now up to 38,000 ads blocked and counting.

Last edited by Symphonic; 2017-01-27 at 10:06 PM.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Posted this in the other feedback thread about ads, but I am on chrome and experiencing this as well, but perhaps to the extreme.
    Ad companies are starting to 'attack' or 'defend' against adblock etc using various techniques. All part of the war - after all, as silly as it sounds - our right to use adblock is no greater or less than a site's right to use ads.

I just wish MMO-C adverts weren't so damn intrusive and numerous - then I could whitelist the site because I get so much value out of it. But I expect that is a curse decision, not an MMO-C one.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

First time this happened to me ever, but over the last few days MMOC will often take 45+ seconds to load, and if I try to exit the tab, it'll refuse to do anything for about a minute, often times crashing chrome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I just wish MMO-C adverts weren't so damn intrusive and numerous - then I could whitelist the site because I get so much value out of it. But I expect that is a curse decision, not an MMO-C one.
    I used to have this site whitelisted until I got my first malware notice from my in-browser avast. Never again.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Ad companies are starting to 'attack' or 'defend' against adblock etc using various techniques. All part of the war - after all, as silly as it sounds - our right to use adblock is no greater or less than a site's right to use ads.

WRONG!!! It's my bandwidth being used to download all those adds and other crap, I pay for it and I choose how I use it.

Also, I have the same problem on Linux, Firefox is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    WRONG!!! It's my bandwidth being used to download all those adds and other crap, I pay for it and I choose how I use it.
    And it's their servers, content, and site. You have control over your bandwidth to the extent of being able to make requests to sites. Naturally, once it passes from their servers to your router/modem/computer, you can influence/alter the content being sent, which is why adblock is fine for you to use.

A site can send you an advertisement, like MMOC, and you can alter the content being displayed to your browser. It doesn't really stop the advertisement from being sent, but it does stop your browser from displaying it.
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    And it's their servers, content, and site. You have control over your bandwidth to the extent of being able to make requests to sites. Naturally, once it passes from their servers to your router/modem/computer, you can influence/alter the content being sent, which is why adblock is fine for you to use.

A site can send you an advertisement, like MMOC, and you can alter the content being displayed to your browser. It doesn't really stop the advertisement from being sent, but it does stop your browser from displaying it.
    You know what they say...ignorance is a bliss...what eyes don't see...something something

Couple years ago or maybe last year there was this politician in UK that was trying to make it illegal to use ad blocks and was saying those things deprive businesses from legit earnings... I'm not sure what is happening but knowing UK the law is being formulated as we speak.

You know what they say...ignorance is a bliss...what eyes don't see...something something

Couple years ago or maybe last year there was this politician in UK that was trying to make it illegal to use ad blocks and was saying those things deprive businesses from legit earnings... I'm not sure what is happening but knowing UK the law is being formulated as we speak.
    Yeah that's silly. Once the content is in your computer, you should be able to manipulate it however you want. It's not like you're stopping the ad from being sent, you're just installing a piece of software (on your personal property) that makes it so you don't have to look at the ad. It's like when you throw ads away in the mail :P
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    What? You're not reading your spam? 3 years in jail for you sir!

Hey - they sent it to you, so you should be required to look at it. How dare you filter out the content you don't want.
    – C.S. Lewis

It's my bandwidth being used to download all those adds and other crap, I pay for it and I choose how I use it.
    LOL - the site is free, they have the same right to pay for their costs as you have to avoid the consequences of said payments - so you are factually incorrect.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I'm getting a second or two of this everytime I load a page:

http://imgur.com/a/kTfPy

This started happening when I updated chrome a few days ago. *shrug*

I've noticed this escalation the most on wowhead. I've gotten tired of filtering through to find what scripts i need to enable to get useful content and which ones spew shit everywhere and have mostly stopped visiting the site. MMO-Champ isn't nearly as bad and you used to be able to just not visit the main page and go directly to the forums to avoid like 90% of the bad stuff but recently it's starting to spill everywhere.
    Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Chrome on my laptop and desktop, with AdBlock Plus + Ghostery on both and this site running just fine here, no lag or slow loading whatsoever